“Family dinner”

Fridays Boracay Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 307 Restaurants in Boracay
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Fridays well known and respected restaurant offers unparalleled food & beverage service and innovative cuisines made from the finest ingredients of the Philippine islands and the Asia Pacific region. Our mouth watering presentations are generous and deliver memorable flavours, style, quality, and texture - all served overlooking our world famous white sand beach and the sparkling blue ocean waters.
Sortland, Norway
“Family dinner”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I went here before we left Boracay after a wonderful week. This restaurant is in the bigger resorts at station 1. The view and scenery was very beautiful. The steak i had was soft and tender like a medium rare steak should be. The only thing that didnt make it perfect, was a bad bernaise sauce. They had heated it too much. The yoke had hardened. But other than that I can safely recomend this place to anybody, beeing couples, families, friends or busunesses.

• Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Delft, The Netherlands
“Superb food for dito prices”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a very nice place to hang out. The food is just delicious, but expesnive as anything else on the white beach. No reason not to go there though!

Peoria, Illinois
“New Year's Eve Party”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Amazing food, entertainment and fireworks. Highly recommend it. We also liked the breakfast and fireworks. Staff extremely hard working.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Lousy drinks and deep fried bar food. The sunset is no better there than any other bar on the strip.

Boracay, Philippines
“If you like low-quality food and bad service at a high price, this place is perfect!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went to Friday's with my wife and son last night, because my wife thought it was the same as TGI Friday's. It is so not!

The hotel is nice, but it is a long walk from the street, and then myriad stairs to go down to the beach level. The restaurant is nice and airy, and was nicely decorated for Christmas. It really is a beautiful resort!

When we arrived, we sat at a table and waited for a server. Then, we waited some more. After nearly five minutes, one of the dozen staff members noticed us there. The fact that my wife was screaming at them may have contributed to us being noticed, but that could just be happenstance. I'm sure we shocked them, because only one other table inside the restaurant was occupied.

For the whole duration of our visit, staff outnumbered guests by 2:1, but you could never get the attention of a staff member when you needed it. They always seemed to be looking away from the service area or talking among themselves.

In spite of the lack of service, I decided that I would splurge and order the rib eye steak. At 1,100p (About US $25.00), it is the most expensive dish on the menu. They were out-of-stock. This is on a Thursday night at about 7pm.

Can you imagine? Only two tables in the restaurant are occupied, and the chef neglects to keep enough inventory on-hand to sell the most expensive item on the menu? Unforgivable! Jon Taffer would have shut the place down, but I digress.

I settled on something that sounded Italian, and was supposedly the chef's mother's favorite (at least, that's what the menu claimed). She must be a Filipina. This dish certainly wasn't Italian.

The dish looked like menudo and tasted like menudo. It wasn't large enough to be considered a meal, and it didn't come with anything but the bowl of meat, and a few potatoes and carrots (see photo), and three small pieces of garlic toast.

For this, I paid 550p (US $12.50)! I could have gotten a bigger meal on the street for 80p and added rice for 10p more (just under US $2.00). At least, it tasted OK, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

You would think that with large potatoes costing about 20p (US $0.50), they could have at least put it on a bed of mashed potatoes. It was total theft of my money! In fairness, the three small pieces of garlic toast they gave me were great!

My wife ordered Bicol Express for 350p (US $7.95). It didn't look like any Bicol Express we had ever seen, except that the sauce was white and it had a ton of spinach in it (see photo). It was certainly spicy, however. My wife could only stomach about half of it, and she was puking-out her guts about an hour after we returned home.

My son made out better than we did. He ordered a plate that had four small sausage-type hot dogs and a small bowl of fries for 250p (US $5.65). The dogs were imported and had cheese melted over them (see photo). They actually had some flavor, but the texture was a bit hard. The fries weren't that good.

Beers were quite pricey with San Miguel Light at 125p (US $2.85) each. I was able to talk the waiter into giving me the two-for-one deal, even though Happy Hour had just ended. Give him points for that, at least.

Toward the end of the meal, a couple arrived and began singing music. The female vocalist has a nice voice, although her partner's guitar accompaniment wasn't quite as solid. Having worked in entertainment, I know how hard it is to play when you have almost no audience, but they did not let that affect them.

The view from the restaurant was very nice. The ambiance was good. I have no idea how service can be so inattentive when you have twice as many workers as guests. I have no idea how food can be so cheaply presented when you spent so much money to build an elegant resort.

Lousy food and high prices may be why the restaurant was so empty. Friday's does have a big buffet dinner on Friday nights (Coincidence? I think not!), so maybe they save all of their resources for that. I haven't tried that, although, based on the food quality last night, I probably never will.

Before I moved to Boracay, people always told me how awful the food is here (Boracay). Maybe, they've been to Friday's?

I've had much better food experiences on the island, so hope does exist. If you are thinking about a dinner at Friday's, bring your wallet, but leave your appetite at home!

If you are staying at the resort and want to enjoy a meal while observing the view, bring a sack lunch.

The restaurant added a 10% Service Charge to the bill. This is probably the only way their staff will ever earn tips.

Everything (including 4 beers and 2 Sprites at Happy Hour prices) cost about 1,550p (US $35.25) out-the-door. Next time, we'll hit a buffet somewhere and get more value for our money.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Brad P
FridaysBoracay, General Manager at Fridays Boracay Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Randall P,

Greetings from Fridays Resort Boracay!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback both positive and negative.
With reference to the positive comments, thank you for your observations. With regard to your comments on food and our customer service, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You deserve better and we had let you down. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust so we hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

I would like to invite you & your wife back for a meal so that you may enjoy what our chef has to offer. And hopefully, we can turn you into an advocate rather than one who was disappointed with his first experience. Again, our sincerest apologies. As you can see from the many reviews on this website, this is an exception rather than a regular occurrence. I have to agree with you that there are less expensive places to eat in Boracay and it is a choice for guests to enjoy the nicest part of the beach in our intimate and picturesque location. Boracay is an Island location and yes sometimes items are not available, this unfortunately is the nature of the beast.

I look forward to hearing from you and in turn having you as a promoter of Fridays Resort.

Kind regards,