“Giving a generous 1 for location”

Villa de Oro Beach Resort
Ranked #141 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Denver, Colorado
“Giving a generous 1 for location”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights to spend the new year 2013 in Boracay and got the Capiz 09 cottage that we waited for hours to check-in. We didn't mind thinking that there was a huge cleaning operation going on in this Villa. OMG! Holly Jesus! UGH. AWEFUL room! It stink, mold and mushrooms were growing. I have pictures to prove. There was no hot water. I only stayed 1 night is this villa and moved in with my sister in another hotel but paid for 2 nights. Stay away from this hotel or else you'll get sick!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Mac M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Due to the last decision and last destination we had, we ended up booking this accommodation and even negotiating with the managers to hold the room ‘till we arrive and they kindly allowed us. And even during our stay they are helpful though I mean nothing to complain. The Safari Room we had was not bad, though not great it’s just enough for our final retreat. Though wifi was not the strong, ‘twas the island was our main concern. There is also water dispenser which is we need for our baons since we are less in budget coming from BCD, ILO and Guimaras. Located around 10 minutes from D’ Mall you’ll barely far from the gimik area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank YOURBLUEKNIGHT
phillippines
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Worst place in boracay ever. Good thing the receptionist was accommodating. But services VERY POOR, facilities VERY POOR...the pictures say it all...DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I was not able to sleep well because so many mosquitos, and the beddings were very itchy...they gave us torn bedsheets. The ceiling is in bad shape and condition, it seems like the room above us was going to go down and collapsed. The electricity line was in bad condition. And the rooms smells like a bathroom freshener. Good thing we found a very good place. At their restaurant, they served us an already opened soft drinks. Their waiter and waitresses must undergo a customer service seminar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank icez d

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Do yourself a favor, and do NOT stay at this resort. I give it a "1" because of its location, but it's NOT the only value-oriented lodging on White Beach. I even sat down with the manager (Lorelei) to explain my misgivings of this place and that I would be posting it on TripAdvisor.
First, our veranda cottage did not have a toilet seat! Are you kidding me????! WTF???! Second, the linens indeed were soiled - as other posters have noted - and the room did not come with clean towels. We got in SO late, we just sucked it up the first night. We stayed only 2 nights at this poor excuse of a resort - it was 2 nights too many, as far as I am concerned. Third, the restroom stank. I cannot describe the odor present. Fourth, the air con sucked, and the T.V. was a 19" used elsewhere in a prior life 20 years ago.
American-Style Breakfast: 2 eggs sunny-side up, 2 slices of white toast, 2 paper-thin slices of ham, and instant coffee or Tang-style juice. Do not ask for a refill - you will get charged PhP 30 (as I sadly found out). Twice I asked for the egg yolks to be broken and cooked fully. Twice, I got running yolks (and egg whites, for that matter). I was too fed up on the second breakfast; just looking at the egg jello served before me made my stomach queasy!
The staff was either totally lost in space, or they just did not care to perform anything remotely guest-service oriented. Personally, I think it's 50/50. I could not find one (1) caring employee. And half didn't wear name badges or uniforms, so you can't tell who is an employee (unless if you watch REAL close, you might see someone performing a task which MIGHT be considered "work".). When the staff is grumbling of their low wages (PhP 2000 / month - no joke; I heard it directly!) you know you are staying at the WRONG place!
Villa de Oro IS the wrong place! As much as Lorelei offered an "interested" ear to my complaints (and I won't go through the complete littany here), I knew full well she was hoping I would just shut up, because she knew full well she wasn't going to do anything about them.

Room Tip: Want a good tip in chosing a good room??? Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank DrJimmy14612
Metro Manila
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Suggestions:
1. Renovate bathroom and make sure to install a towel or robe hook please!
2. Continental breakfast should at least include fried or scrambled eggs not just toast, a bit of jam and a banana. You might consider BREWED coffee instead of instant nescafe as well.
3. Staff should make sure trash, just even outside the cottage is collected even without the customer asking them to do so!
4. Please buy new towels and sheets. These should not have stains please!
5. Client service training will do your staff some good.

Room Tip: Go to Station 1 although overall, Boracay is no longer clean. You might want to try Palawan or Boho...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Inaco2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Spent 2 nights here and the service was quite crappy. Staff was not attentive. Gave me problems with the free breakfast included in my stay. Breakfast on my first morning was either filipino or american. However, the 2nd morning they insisted that the breakfast included is just a few pieces of toast with a banana. No hot shower and the water pressure is quite low. Location is good though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank vinkoy
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Unfortunately they don't priotize local tourist. It's like they don't even care. staffs not helpful at all. location is good though but if you can find other place to stay, better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family