“we gonna surely be back!”

Grand Boracay Resort
Ranked #140 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Me and my family stayed at Grand Boracay Resort. The staff are very accommodating and they are helpful . we understand that we are in the island sometimes some of the amenities went off that was because o f the trip off of the electric power . but the rest of our stayed was very nice nice swimming pool. lovelky place . staff are nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 18, 2011

they say it's five star hotel but no, their staff is rude, their rooms are unsanitized, u can tell by looking at their bathroom where mildews are present, they have housekeeping but u will be disappointed, insects are present so are mosquitoes, floors are not even mopped and sticky, small rooms for deluxe, towels are dark, bfast buffet is always the same, poor accomodation for 7000, u can ventured out to red coconut or boracay regency for the same price and with good quality of service. i stayed before in boracay holiday resort and they offered the most affordable hotel rooms that doesn't jeopardize their quality of service. actually boracay holiday resort can offer 2200 php for the same size of room and with better aircon, and clean room where the grand boracay failed miserably. i recommend to everyone to check out hotels and reviews, believe in reviews, it will save u heartaches. my family was really unhappy to check in this hotel, it's very unfortunate for us to book in this kind of hotel. can't be refunded.

Room Tip: boracay regency, boracay holiday resort, red coconut, astoria,
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank len_mariposa
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The beach was really wonderful. What ruined our vacation was the hotel -- the staff were a bunch of crooks. We stayed for three nights. The breakfast was included. On the first morning, my parents left their breakfast voucher in their room. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD A LIST OF GUESTS AND ROOM NUMBERS WHO ARE ENTITILED TO THE BREAKFAST, they made my father go back to their room and get it before they will let them in. What Rotten customer service!! On the third morning, my parents did not forget the voucher, but my father (he is 78years old) was slow to find the voucher in his pocket. You would think that they already recognize us already (there were only a handful of guests staying there, no wonders there!) ; they still BLOCKED THEM FROM THE TABLES. It was so aggravating. I think the way that should have been handled was to let them have a seat and have their breakfast BECAUSE THEY HAVE A MASTER LIST OF ALL GUESTS/ROOMS BOOKED WITH FREE BREAKFAST! Besides, all of their deals included the free breakfast, so I don't understand why BLOCK a guest who forgot the meal ticket.
There were LOTS OF MOSQUITOES in the room. I stayed on the second floor. My parents were on the first floor. On both floors, but more on mine, the water was so slow! The first flow of water was always muddy colored. So I used my bottled water to even brush my teeth. Even after making up the room, I don't understand why there would always be sand on it! I don't think they change the sheets at all. The towels given us were old with holes in it. I tried to just deal with it, but on our last day, my daughter accidentally broke the glass in the hotel room, which, because I am Filipino, I know costs only 20 pesos (around 50US cents). I cannot believe my ears when they charged me for that to the tune of 150pesos (around US 3.95!!) I think that was ridiculous! In my travels (and I have traveled extensively in the US, Canada, thaliand and Vietnam) it is very sad that I would experience such rotten service from a hotel in my own country!
I am writing to WARN everyone......I heard about other resorts within the same price range being better.
Also, our room was so noisy --one could hear this group of guests who decided to swim in the pool at 5 in the morning and they were all screaming ( This happened on July 5 and 7)
I will still go back to Boracay -- BUT I WILL NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN--
This is what I get for blind booking through a travel agent while I was in the US.
Don't make the same mistake!!!

Room Tip: book online. Don't go through agents. I now know that this is the cheapest way
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank rowkarl
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Upon my arrival, I was shocked. I was booked on a deluxe room, But they
insist that I was booked on their standard room. It took me 30mins before I could check in.
Front desk staff (the small person) are talking in their own language which I don't understand. My room electric power is not working, so it took me another 30mins to change room which I think its ALL VACANT. Owner of this resort, you better watch out if you want really business.

Room Tip: stay way from this resort !!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank charlie7882
Reviewed May 13, 2011

i've been staying in that hotel with my friends. we expect so much because the price is high. but we disappoint when we see the place no guest, i wonder why we found out the reason why because manager there is un educated she is rude and she say something mwe could not understand. the fat and small girls came to us and she said she is the manager i didnt believe because she looks like a gardener. hope the managemnt take a look with this review to improve the service of there hotel coz the place is good but people inside not train to run a hotel business...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank mountenier123
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Truly awful. 2 star resort for a 4 star price. Staff rude and uneducated. Manageress even worse. Rooms small and dark and need bug spray. Place was nearly empty in high season and we found out why! Much better hotels in Boracay. Do yourself a favour read this and the other reviews and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ramblingfeetHK
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This hotel has the best non-beachside location, right in the heart of Boracay next to the beach & mall but protected from noise. I can report there are NO giant ants and rooms are clean. My room had a few issues with power supply to some appliances but this did not spoil my stay. Staff are friendly and helpful as long as you do not take problems out on them

• Stayed: April 2011