“Not Bad”

The Tides Boracay
Ranked #54 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Good -

Big bins to fit all the empty bottles of water you usually have nowhere to put !
Breakfast - Usual buffet breakfast eggs station fruit etc
Sink outside the bathroom I thought was strange but ended up being handy for 2 people.
Staff friendly & helpful and good location close to but not right on the beach
Good rooftop bar/swimming pool

Bad -

Uncomfortable bed - hence the 3/5 rating.
Wifi & hot water is a bit hit and miss but kind of expect that on an island.

Tip -

I would recommend paying the airport to hotel transfers if it's your first time to Boracay. May seem expensive but if you do it on your own you need to get from airport to port then boat to island port then port to beach. At each turn there seems to be a fee to pay for something and I saw a few westerners arguing as to why they had to keep paying people for something thinking they were being ripped off. So to save time & hassle it's Peso's well spent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 17, 2014

Hi Pommyash,

Thank you for posting a review for The Tides Hotel Boracay! We really appreciate your thoughts and comments. Noted on all your suggestions and we'll definitely do something about your other comments.

Thank you again and hope we'll have you again in your next vacation.

Thanks,
The Tides Management

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Tides is situated right in the D'Mall at Station 2, the main shopping/dining/entertainment centre of Boracay and just outside the hotel are plenty of shops, restaurants, spa, café, etc. and is very convenient for people who do not want to take public transport to reach this place. Although it is not beach frontage, it is a short 3 min walk to the beach. The hotel is not luxury but very basic, clean room and good service. One thing that they need to improve is the internet which is not very reliable and have to log in again and again to be connected. Breakfast is decent at the only restaurant located at the roof top by the swimming pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ctsim
Tides Hotel B, Marketing at The Tides Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hi ctsim,

Thank you for posting a review for The Tides Hotel Boracay! We really appreciate your thoughts and comments. All these are noted and we'll surely do something about these. We are in constant communication with our internet providers to be able to do something about the internet connection. We apologize for whatever inconvenience you've experienced during your stay.

Hope to have you again with us soon!

Thanks,
The Tides Management

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Problem with Boracay, is there isn't much difference between a $150 and $300 hotel. Therefore, I prefer this place. Decent hotel, clean and well equipped gym. Good value and decent service. Unless you have the budget to stay at the Shang, this is probably the way to go and it's convenient to all the nightlife on the Beach!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Jameskdean,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are truly very happy that you were able to enjoy your stay here with us. We are doing our best to keep you and all our other guests satisfied.

Hope to see you soon!

Best,
Tides Management

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our family stayed in Tides last summer for a few days and my family really enjoyed it. The hotel is located inside the the mall and we had fun going through the different stores, restaurants and other activities. The room is spacious and the linens are clean. We also like their breakfast. But what surprised me the most is the honesty of the hotel staff. I forget to take my money out of the room vault after I opened it, and they called me here in Manila to inform me about it and ask me where they could send it. I told them they could send it in their head office and I got my money the day after. Kudos to the Tides and their staff. Thanks Mr. Ken for recommending it. You did a good training the staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a very memorable hotel for me because I got engaged here last Jan 8,2014. :)

My fiance and I had a very lovely stay for 3D2N. Upon check-in the staff handed some refreshments and wet towels! Our room had very clean sheets, it is not very spacious but it had enough space. There are a lot of cute sentences in the corners of this hotel that will definitely make u smile, especially the one in the shower!

They have buffet breakfast which is located at the rooftop. They cater continental breakfast with American and Filipino dishes. :) Im a breakfast lover so I enjoyed this very much.

They also have swimming pool and bar in the rooftop! We were given vouchers for complimentary drinks but too bad we were not able to claim it! Maybe next time! :)

They also have a SPA, we got a complimentary 30 mins massage and we availed a full body massage! We were so relaxed and we even slept during the process!

We are definitely going back!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just came back from a very disappointing stay at The Tides – from late December to early January. I will let the facts speak for themselves:

1. I had booked a queen room via Agoda. When we arrived - we were given a double room. We were quite insistent that we should get a Queen room, and were told they could move us the next day.

2. When we were moved to a room with a Queen bed the next day - we discovered there was no hot water in the shower, the shower didn't drain (so it flooded the bathroom with soapy water), and the toilet stopped flushing. The hot water problem did not relate to the fact the hotel was running on generators part of the time (due to the recent typhoon).

3. So the next day we were moved back to a twin room. This one was riddled with ants (on the bathroom vanity) and had a mouldy shower curtain, but by this time we had just given up complaining to the staff at the front desk. One of the other couples we were staying with also started having issues with their toilet at this point in time.

4. There is very loud construction happening in the building next to The Tides. This made sleeping in/having a daytime nap impossible. It also made it really unpleasant to hang around the pool area - with bricklayers watching you and loud machinery.

Overall, I feel we paid a premium price (over $200USD per night) for a terrible, sub-standard experience. The little things were missing (bed linen that wasn't stained, a quiet air-conditioner, ample towels in the bathroom, tissues in the room).

I wish that I had read a review like this before we had booked. There are so many nicer places up at Station 1 - if we ever return to Boracay we will definitely give The Tides a miss.

* We were aware that the hotel was running on generators for part of the time due to the typhoon - so I have not listed any of the problems we encountered that related to the lack of electricity.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AussieTraveller031
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for a 3D/2N getaway with friends. Our room was located at the 3rd floor and had a veranda. It came with 2 double beds. The beds were comfy with clean white sheets. It was just right size, not too small and not that spacious either. The resort has a modern design. It is not beachfront, but is strategically located in station 2, very near the D'Mall, restaurants and cafes.

The room came with a buffet breakfast and has the right mix of continental, american and filipino breakfast items.

They have a nice pool lounge at the rooftop where you can enjoy cocktails and just chill at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends