“yet to live up to its true potential”
Review of Boracay West Cove

Boracay West Cove
Ranked #27 of 181 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Pros:
I.The architecture is surreal in Antoni Gaudi’s style as the hotel was built around and within the natural caves!
II.The view from the suit is breathtaking. The view from breakfast area is equally enticing.
III. Away from the hustle and bustle. Ideal for honeymooners or those who want to have a quite night’s sleep

Cons:
I.Sub-par breakfast. The selection is rather limited to the local cuisine which is slightly greasy for the first meal of the day. The butter appears to be stale. Stick with the egg station and order freshly made omelette.
II. Friendly but unhelpful staff: Service is adequate but the staff appears to be slightly undertrained. I cannot have an effective communication with them in English and misunderstanding occurs from time to time.
III. Remote location: It is not so easily accessible from the main beach and the “private” beach is rather run down. The construction for the infinity pool is left unattended.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Venus F

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is a great getaway from it all. Our room was nicely furnished and very spacious. The views were amazing. I've stayed in other places in boracay before and tis was above and beyond special. I have 3 and 5 year old boys and they loved going up and down the stairs. I wish they had a hot tub. However the staff is very attentive and responsive to your needs. I has no fear for the safety of my boys.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank C W
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Firstly, this hotel has the most amazing views of the ocean. That was the best thing about it for us. Unfortunately we chose West Cove as our upmarket hotel choice, but it wasn't the right choice for two single females. Too far from the nightlife (but those wanting to be segregated and left alone in peace then this place is great). I felt it was over priced for what you get. Rooms are outdated yet have their own funky charm. Just lucky for the views (again!). Breakfast was disappointing. One toaster oven which took 10 mins to even slightly brown one side. Thankfully the hotel has an egg station as the rest of the food served was for local tastes and not to my liking as breakfast food. There are a lot of stairs which I found to be slightly humorous as we only stayed one night, but if we had stayed for longer I would find it annoying. Staff were pretty friendly. To cap things off I would suggest it be a great place for couples/honeymooners and anyone else wanting to be left alone.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank BeckDarwin_Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

amazing artistic outlook, all rooms with wonderful sea views and balcony, but isolated in location, infrequent shuttle bus every 3 hours only ( and only with service on request), and needed to walk through a wet path with lots of steps juz near the shore. Best only if u planned juz to stay in the hotel and lay back.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Kachi_hongkong
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Once you have been to West Cove, your travel plans will include another stay here. Our third stay here was better then the previous two. Yes, as a few reviewers mentioned that there are many stairs. But let me say this: Each step entering West Cove brings about anticipation of what the resort has to offer. Each step leaving the resort leaves you remenicining of the beautiful time spent at the resort and the pleasure it had to offer.
The staff was very polite and courteous. Most knew your name and addressed as such.
The rooms are spacious with many amenities. Beds are comfy and pillows fluffy.
I should mention that the rooms are very clean thanks to Analyn and her housekeeping staff.
The food was great. Buffet breakfast included omelets made to order and a nice variety of other delicious foods. Great dinner menu with many traditional dishes. On the lighter side, you could opt for grilled food made by Adam and his assistant. Great ribs.
We had entertainment nightly. Many fine musicians. You must listen to Micheal who does double duty as waiter and entertainer. Have a great cocktail made by Francie the bartender.
The beach, which was developed recently, is very nice. Refreshments are served at the beach.
For those anticipating going to West Cove, let me say that you arrive as a guest and leave as a friend.

Room Tip: All rooms have a water view. Most with a veranda where you can have your morning coffee or a cocktai...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We went there knowing it's inconvinence and there are the dreadful stairs because of its unique architecture of the hotel, and it didnt disappoint us. Hotel is very beautiful and quiet compared to the ones in station 2 and its got spectacular sunset.

However, the stairs is really a problem especially on first day since we needed to carry our own baggage through half of the stairs (whole flight took us 5 mins to get to 4th floor). But we got used to the stairs on 3rd day. Definitely not for elderly and kids.

Shuttle sucks since they hire contractor and shuttle not on time and on first night it didnt even showed up to pick us up from D'Mall even after we called hotel to check if it was coming, hotel kept saying its coming in 5-10 min and we ended taking tricycle backafter waited for an hour. :( Few days later we saw new comer complaining same problem to front desk. We suggested they could take the shuttle beside west cove back. Or simply take the tricycle for 100 peso.

Food is good and not pricy provided you re eating at hotel. But breakfast buffet is only available during weekend, its the tradational breakfast during weekday and no salad, just fruits.

Staff are in general friendly and helpful. Our room keeper Angeline is an angel.

Room is spacious and we got a huge balcony (room 401) where sunbathing is wonderful. I dont know about guys but there is no mirror except in washroom so its a bit inconvenient.

I think its a fantastic hotel if you are on honeymoon and prefer quiet environment. If I am going back to Boracay I think there are oher hotels which can provide the same quiet environment but much more convenient with the same price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jkstress
Reviewed April 13, 2012

West Cove is like nowhere I've ever been. Located on a scenic and secluded part of Boracay, it has amazing architecture (reminiscent of Antoni Gaudi), friendly staff, and excellent amenities. The resort itself is built into the side of a cliff and has immediate access to the water for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, etc... A few small islands in front of the resort have been connected to the main grounds via sculpted bridges and there are several well-placed gazebos perfect for relaxing, enjoying a few drinks, or watching the sun go down over the ocean (West Cove has one of the best sunset views on all of Boracay). After one or two initial disappointments on the menu, everything I ordered after that was exceptional and the prices were extremely reasonable.

The time I spent at West Cove was truly great and I'm already making plans to go back next year. Highly recommended!

PS - For some reason the "professional photographs" above are not of West Cove. Take a look at the "travelers photographs" if you want to see what the place looks like.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple