“Perfect beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Kuching, Malaysia
“Perfect beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The beach itself was perfect during my visit in december. Beach slope more mild than a little bit curve-like/steepy in station 2. What else - friendly staffs, cheap foods, noise-free environment and room is spacey

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Stanley John K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for four days with my siblings and I like it. The place is quite very comfortable and the service was amazing. Location is on Boat Station 3 with a nice beach front. Will come back again next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Randy V
barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I just had a great holiday time in this country, my first visit. Also, from the 4 places where I've stayed as, there's no doubt the Surfside was the best accommodation I had and I will remember it for the rest of my life. The welcome we had from the reception desk was more than great. The room was awesome. The location of this resort, if you compare it to others, it's a bit far from the "heart" of the city, about 10-15 min wak from Station 2 where I guess is the center of the activities to do in the island. Still, it's a nice walk of course, besides if you are looking for a quieter place it might be better to stay here in Station 3 area than in 1 or 2. So no problem at all about this. What I will remember the most, however, is the great help we had at all times from two members of the staff, so if you get to know Bebz or Tonton, you will make sure you can do the most of your activities with them, which will be the best memory of all the staff I met in the different places.
Well I must say not only Bebz and Tonton were great to us… Also the rest of the staff working at the nagisa coffe shop where we had yummy breakfast and good dinner too (I recommend you to try the Japanese cuisine they offer).
Finally, they also got the Yasuragi Spa where I was given the best massage from the trip, if you can, just ast for “norie”, I’m sure you’ll all be so satisfied.
Thank you every so much, Surfside, when I go back to Boracay, I’m sure I’ll pay you a visit again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank danicoal
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed three nights at Surfside and had an excellent time. Staff was great and very friendly. Our 'Family' room was a good size and was nice. New air conditioner. Really enjoyed the breakfasts we had in the restaurant and had dinner on the beach one night. Very happy we were in Station 3 and not 2.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack E
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as a family and can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Right from the moment we arrived and the warm welcome we received the service was first class, with nothing seemingly too much trouble.
We did a lot of research having never visited Boracay before as we wanted a hotel adjacent to the beach in one of the quieter locations. This paid off, becuase we much prefered the area Surfside is located in compared to the other stations.
The restaurant overlooks the beach and we found the food to be both tasty and good value. Breakfast was included in our room rate and there was a good choice available. Our room was very clean and of a decent size, with both a large fan and effective air con, when needed.
We will certainly return to this hotel on our next visit to Boracay as the relaxed atmosphere, quiet location and helpful staff greatly contributed to the relaxing holiday we enjoyed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Simon B
姫路
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed during the low season in the Suite which have a nice view to the water. The Hotel is not the newest one but very clean. The bed was a little bit hard (Like in Business Hotels in Japan). The Staff is managed by an japanese Management and very friendly. They will give you a good support if you want do some on the island offert activities. The Hotel location is on the quiet part of the beach.
The philippine Breakfast was great, only on one morning were not the regular Staff was serving the Staff was very slowly and oblivious. A recommandation is the Spa where we got a great value. It have several services with an discount if you stay in the Hotel
We had a good time there and would stay again in this Hotel

About Boracay
Boracay have a nice white Beach with an great view and a lot of Watersport activities. In the evening there are a lot of locations for dining and drinking. It's a great place to see and to be seen. If you don't need that, there are other places in the Phillippine which are much cheaper, with great Beaches, nice Hotels and less touristic.

Room Tip: If you like to stay a little bit in your room and the price is not too expensive for you, choose the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Changzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I picked this hotel only after having trouble booking another. The fact it was on the quiet side of the beach and was small was the kicker for me. It is right on the water and the staff is exceptional!! The rooms are clean. It has a spa which one in my party used and raved about. Quite nice discounts if you are staying at the hotel. It's a very laid back atmosphere which this California boy is all about. I haven't tried the Japanese side of the menu yet but hope to when I come back next month. The breakfast is adequate but it is the tropics and an island so you can't get too excited if they run out of something. I had the hotel pick me up at the airport and boat and truck me here and it's worth the little extra. I tried to book for my next month visit but the room they have available isn't what I want but I'll be back. The owners come around and chat and make sure everything is what you want. They accommodated us with different beach chairs and the number of "good morning" and "hello's" become too numerous from the staff. Great place!! and oh so quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends