“Excellent experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Albany
Hendersonville, United States
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I originally felt that the rate was a bit high, even for a holiday weekend but after my visit my opinion is that it was worth the money. The staff at the front desk is very friendly/welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jim S, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this review, May 19, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

For a visit to Dale Hollow Lake or Lake Cumberland this hotel is a great spot, close to both.
Positives:
location, free breakfast, free internet, free parking,limited fitness center

Negatives:
Sheets were so worn we thought they had sand or dirt on them, we had them changed and noticed you could see through them. Cleaning crew missed our room about half of the time.
Hotel is 10 years old, structure is solid but everything else needs to be updated.
Smells moldy inside as none of the hotel windows open and its humid in this region.
Front desk gives you 1-2 sheets of paper at a time for printing (really?) in the business center and the printer ended up not working. Computer is 10 years old so hope you aren't in a hurry.
Food for breakfast isn't keep full and was generally all gone 30 minutes before the breakfast period ended.
Decor in lobby is very strange, not sure how to explain it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BDBoomer
Jim S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 606-387-7238.

Jim Soma

Travelers are raving about these Albany hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very happy with my stay! I would recommend this hotel to my family! it is very clean! I'm very picky about where I stay! my room was clean! the maid service was great! front desk answered all my questions and was very friendly! if I'm ever in the area again I will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Limited choices in this area, but this is the best available. Very clean and quiet. Well off the road, but easily visible on main highway. No restaurants nearby, but some in town. This survey is making me submit 200 characters, so the rest of this does not pertain to the lodging property. I am just filling in space to come up with 200 characters. I hope this is enough. You probably hope so also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Albany last year the same weekend. I had an even better experience this year! The hotel is spotless. The breakfast is ok for free (please add brewed decaf coffee!) This year we were on the first floor in room 115. They had upgraded to flat screen tvs which was nice. Our room was very clean. The bath while not fancy was very clean. The staff is friendly and efficient. There isn't a lot of places to eat in the area, it would nice if that would improve before our next trip in June 2014!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machine and the breakfast room. I've now stayed on the first and s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jbun906
Rockport, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This had the friendliest of staff. They were able to help with locating a good gas station & flea market. The breakfast was good & area was clean. In the room the fridge & microwave were on the floor but it was clean. There was only a small table to work on. The shower could have used more pressure. There was no hot tub, the pool was cold and had towels around the windows & door; the exercise room was absolutely freezing! Although for the size of the hotel it was well equipped. I got chilled waiting for the sauna to warm up; finally gave up & took a warm shower in the room. I gave an average rating for the spa because of the temp & lack of hot tub. I also gave averages for the room because I didn't like the fact of the fridge being on the floor. How hard is it to find a small table? To me it was a little pricey. It was $112. for one night :/

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The minute I entered the property I knew I was going to regret this reservation. Extremely outdated hotel with a worn down decor. Hallways had stained carpets and smelled of smoke. Then went ont to the next dissapointment, the room: linens CLEARLY not clean, room furniture had crumbs and hair from previous occupants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Lake Cumberland State Resort
BEST WESTERN Lake Cumberland Inn
Dale Hollow Lake State Resort (Mary Ray Oaken Lodge)
Alpine Motel
#2 of 2 in Albany
Timber Pointe Resort
Timber Pointe Resort
#1 of 4 in Jamestown

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Albany? Share your experiences!