“Pretty good resort”

Flushing Meadows Resort & Playground
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bohol Island
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Hotel is by the beach front although the beach front is quite small. The food prices are a bit on the high side. Hotel staff are hit and miss, some are friendly while some not so. I found the rooms a bit small. The pool was great.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jose C

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have been to other hotels & resorts around the world. My 3 nights stay at Flushing Meadows was simply one of the best
vactions in my life - relaxing, quiet, peaceful, clean and very accommodating staff. It's like paradise. Though their beach was quite small, it was complimented with an infinity pool and another pool at their teambuilding area. I saw 2 guys cleaning the beach the whole day. I had my relaxing massage by the beach. The beautiful garden as well as our rooms were generally clean and kept well. Great food and service at the resto. Waiters danced and entertained us and other guests with the band. It is fun to be at Flushing Meadows.

We were passing by the chapel when we saw the wedding reception area and overheard the speaker saying the food as well as the service was great. I appreciated the efforts of everyone who made our stay very convenient and memorable - from the airport pick-up, check-in until we checked out.. Everything was worth it. I will definitely recommend this resort to my relatives, officemates and friends and I look forward to come back to Bohol and stay at Flushing Meadows again.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room if you are travelling with kids.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RowieRowie
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Compared Alona beach resorts, the small beach is poor and there's nothing nearby. But the staff isolated very helpful and friendly and restaurant has great food at low prices. Perfect cleanliness of rooms and common areas.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

a very nice place to be. quiet, nice ambiance and very friendly staff. relaxation is what we're going for here.

a bit over priced specially in the restaurant and not as accommodating when it comes to giving a few minutes for check out request.

overall experience to service is quite good.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade to have a room fronting the ocean or the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank familybc
Reviewed December 31, 2012

me and my wife celebrated our post wedding reception recently in this resort. but before that big day of ours, as we go along with choosing for the venue of the reception, we were amazed of the landscape of the place having the criticism and bad feedbacks of those who already experienced the terrible mare at the flushing meadows but unfortunately we still chose this resort.so they questioned us why you chose flushing meadows? we just answered it with a smile..to make the story short, the whole event was successful not because of the reception venue but through the effort of ourselves..the worst things are:

1. very poor service.
e.g. during the make up of the bride, the bride requested for a breakfast in her room but the
restaurant staff just simply answered "you have to get your own food there and not to be
delivered in your room.
e.g. videographer and photographer of the couple were not being entertained by their staff
instead they just let themselves to stay at the lobby from the time they arrived at 4 am
until the sun rises.
2. no consideration.
e.g. we were asked to pay for unjustified extra and overpriced room rate due to late check out
knowing that we were all busy during our reception ceremony.do we have to stop our
ceremonies just to check out and transfer to other room?
3. overpriced amenities and foods.
4. we have to pay an extra dues for the extra sounds we used in the reception due to their poor
sound system.
5. poor audio visual presentation (AVP) projector
6. we asked for a magenta and fuchsia pink color for the decoration of the reception but instead
they put additional colored blue one and other color next to the buffet station.
7. they did not follow our guest arrangement, they make their own decision.
8. security guards do not let us(guest) enter the premises because the guy we were looking for
was eating.

WORST RESORT..TERRIBLE RESORT..

to all travelers and tourists who wish to have there vacation a memorable one, we highly do not recommend FLUSHING MEADOWS for you..we want you to enjoy Bohol with a smiling face once you departed from the airport..it's more fun in Bohol when you are not check in at Flushing Meadows..

Room Tip: do not check in at flushing meadows
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Adonis Roy O
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights, I must say it was disappointing and proves that what you see on the Internet is totally different from the reality. The positive: Staff are super friendly (except for the lifeguard) and respectful, always have a ready smile and greeting for us.
The negatives: 1) Overpriced for the amenities available. There was hardly any beach at all, and unfortunately, we arrived a couple of days after a storm and what beach there was was full of debris that we were not able to swim there. We had to go to a public beach, rent a day cottage there and enjoyed a day in the sea water. We also ate dinner there to avoid the overpriced restaurant at the resort. 2) pools have cloudy water and the lifeguard was not very friendly. 3) the rooms were very basic which would have been OK if not for several irritating issues such as: leaking faucets, the safe was temperamental and I almost was not able to retrieve my valuables! 4) very limited and sloooow wi-fi (no coverage in the rooms, restaurant and reception area) 5) there was a free shuttle drop off going out to the city but you have to pay Php500 for a pick up which was all right but the next time I tried to arrange it when we went out, the staff on reception said it was Php650 to pick us up! We ended up taking tricycles and paid Php400.
All in all we enjoyed our trip to Bohol and would probably come back again but in ANOTHER RESORT!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Libra S
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went over a long weekend to Bohol and stayed in FM for 4 days and three nights. The Resort is very nice maintained, personal is very friendly, the rooms and surroundings are good, the garden is beautiful, the pools are clean and also the food is very delicious. Only the beach is disapointing, the water is not clean and the beach itself was full of bad smelling algae. The prices for everything are exaggerated high, the food is extreme expensive so the drinks i.e. cocktails. I have never seen a Pinacolada in a smaller glas as here for a price double as compared to other resorts in Panglao. Also the boat trips offered by the Resort are highly overpriced same the van trip to the known tourist spots like chocolate hills etc. Nevertheless all of this did not dissapoint us most. What is unacceptable to us and our two european friends who stayed with us is how guests are treated by the management! After a downpayment of 50% right after our booking a week before arrival, upon arrival they surprisingly requested us to pay the other 50% immediately! As this was not part of our booking and we refused to pay before checkout we where asked again and again, they came to our room to request for the money and every time we came insight of the receptionist they approached us to request for the payment. Even my wife an myself where asked when they could expect the payment from our foreign companions.
The second unaccetable behavior we experianced when we decided to make a self organised tour instead of the expensive one offered by the resort. We where stopped by the gard of the resort and he wouldn't let us go before we will not fill out and sign a document "where and with whom we will go, who organised the tour and more..." As we refused to fill out and sign that, the gard intimidated our driver until he fearful signed that document.
A very strange and rude behavior I have never experienced in any other Hotel or Resort in my whole life before.
Others who don't have relatives in Bohol like my wife fortunatly has could hardly organise their own tour because the resort is on a dead-end street far from the main road where no public transportation will pas by.
My resume: I will never go back to Flushing Meadows Resort and I wouldn't recomend it to anybody.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wolfgang R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bohol Island
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 12 in Tagbilaran City
#2 of 6 in Anda
Anda White Beach Resort
5 mi away
Henann Resort Alona Beach

Been to Flushing Meadows Resort & Playground? Share your experiences!