“Comfortable hotel”

Bohol Tropics Resort
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Bohol Island
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a tour group. The staff were friendly and helpful. The toilet was not flushing properly when we arrived, but their staff came to fix it immediately and we had no further problems with it. They included complimentary bottled water in the rooms. The best part was FREE internet near the front desk! Only one computer, but it was available most of the time. The ground were well kept. I did not get a chance to use the pools, but they looked really nice!

• Stayed: February 2009

Reviewed February 27, 2009

The minute I entered my 'ambassador suite' room, I wanted to leave, but I was willing to give it a go. Let's see, the rooms are HUGE, as advertised in the Bohol guidebook, but it's basically, a lot of deadspace that doesn't serve for anything. The bathroom was also huge but I had to wait an hour and 2 phone reminders to the front desk for the toileteries to arrive. It was night time, after a long trip and this didn't bode well.
The twin beds were tiny and the sheets are not really the cosy welcoming kind. The floors were tiled and cold. The next morning, I found a dying cockroach with its legs in the air at the foot end of my bed....go figure.
Getting breakfast is an ordeal because there just aren't enough tables or seats unless you go there very very early. The waiters completely ignore you under the pretext that they have their hands full. So you either stand there like an idiot or walk back to your room.
Once of the pools was under renovation and I didn't try the other or the pool side services but if the rest of the service is any indicator, I'm not too keen.
don't expect any smiles from any of the staff..not even the bellboys...they seriously need a training on what 'service industry' means.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank turtledove53
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at a deluxe room. That was supposed to be one of their better rooms but but it was nowhere near deluxe.

After a long trip, I was looking forward to a relaxing 2 days stay. BUT what I got was anything but relaxing. First, I was unpleasantly surprised to find that my bed sheets had fresh food stains. When I complained about it, they moved me to another room, which was equally bad. But that's not the end of it, when I used the bathroom, there were hairs in the shower and in the sink. Not to mention the room had a fowl smell in it.

By the time I settled in that night I could not wait until my 3 day stay there was over. I've stayed at many hotels in the Philippines and this is by far the worst one. This hotel is unsanitary. I MOST DEFINITELY WILL NOT RECOMMEND STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, STAY ELSEWHERE.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joe154
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My partner and I stayed at Bohol Tropics for a few days while on holiday in the Philippines and loved the service, hospitality, the cleanliness and the resort pools. The view was gorgeous. The rooms weren't 5 star but were quite nice for the price you pay. Its close to everything and everyone there is willing to help you out, even the gaurds by the swimming pools! The food at the restaurant was really nice too and the menu was cheap and there were so many things to choose from both Filipino and non Filipino cuisine.
I normally would'nt stay anywhere below 4 star in Australia or anywhere in the world but loved Bohol Tropics resort style accommodation and laid back atmosphere. Would stay there over and over again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G27
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Stayed at Bohol Tropics for about 2 weeks in January and 2 weeks in Feb. They provide free transportation from/to airport. We stayed at a deluxe room and a standard poolside room respectively. Very pleased with our accommodations.
Deluxe room has a veranda overlooking the water with a nice view of the port and the sunset. It is very spacious and it has an in-room safe and a refrigerator. Standard room is a smaller room with two twin beds, no refrigerator, no in room safe but cheaper than the deluxe.
Ground is very well maintained -- with palm trees and flowers.
There are 3 swimming pools. Easy access to Tagbilaran's shopping malls via pedicabs (motorcycle with a passenger compartment) which are easily hailed at the gate. Staff was very courteous. The restaurant served good food and there was a live band playing every night. Restaurant wait staff: very courteous, very attentive and very eager to serve. They seemed always glad to see you coming and eagerly find you a seat. Our housekeeping staff was very courteous and very accommodating and went out of his way to make our stay comfortable and hassle-free. After we checked out and we were already on our way to the airport, he called the van driver to tell him that I had forgotten my sweatshirt in the room. The driver turned around to retrieve my sweatshirt. I was very thankful!
Definitely the best hotel to stay in Tagbilaran.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank mb-wv2008
Reviewed February 18, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at Bohol Tropics for two nights in mid- February 2008. I must say even upon entering the resort I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful it was. I was expecting a much smaller resort. We stayed in the Horizon Deluxe room overlooking the harbour. It was a beautiful room with a King-size bed and a gorgeous view of the harbour. The sunset was right in front of you every evening!

The staff and service was great. The room service food was average but the menu was quite extensive. They had nice entertainment every night and there was always something to do. The seaport and the airport are conviently located only 2 minutes away in opposite directions. The shopping mall and the downtown core only a 5 minute drive away. I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Bohol. I can't think of a single negative thing about this place.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank Joe M
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I had my Wedding Reception here at the Bohol Tropics in one of the Air Conditioned Ballrooms... Very Spacious and the set everything up even the ride from our Church... Stayed in several different Rooms and they were all nice and spacious...The price was affordable compared to the Hotels in Panglao. Jack Arat did all my arrangements but he recently was murdered... God Bless and my prayers are with him....

Stayed: March 2007