Bohol Tropics Resort
Isla Hayahay(Calape)(Great Value!)
$25
$19
Agoda.com
Stefanie Grace Paradise Inn(Loboc)(Great Value!)
$15
$244
$231
Agoda.com
All reviewsplace to staytagbilaran cityfree breakfastnice resortvisit boholhot and cold showerocean viewpoolsportweddingconventionprosresto
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and i stayed at this hotel last April 20-22, 2013. The resort is close to everything, airport, seaport, malls, etc. the room that we stayed in was big, it had 2 double beds, a TV (old though), a mini bar, kettle. The bathroom was quite big too.

Only bad thing is that, the resort did not have a beach and breakfast was so-so.

Ask if we will stay here again? Yes due to its proximity to the city but if you are looking for a beach then this is not for you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank night_shift
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Im staying with bohol tropic resort because of our spa supervisor's wedding last april 24, 2013..at first i find it very nice with beautiful landscape of the resort, i was also happy with the service provided by the midnyt frontdesk staff (stephen) and the poolside guard for letting us swim in the pool even thought its late already..since i arrive at the resort past 11pm already...

The only problem here is that wifi is not working will specially into standard rooms,..cleanliness of the room is such an issue to me...our room was at 435 where in you can find cubwebs in the corner of the ceiling...bedside lamps is full of dust ( which i am allergic to dust and causes me to be awake the whole night)..

Lastly is the cleanliness of their utensils water goblet use during the function at the sandugo ballroom is not being polished..you can still see theirs a lipstick on its rim, while ice bucket container set up in the table has rust on its rim also....staff are not that helpful also with few of our request...(staff should be more attentive and approachable at any times..) but they never take extra effort doing it...

Im a bit dissapointed with the cleanliness and helpfulness of the dining staff....having already second thoughts in going back here and recommending this to my friends...

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank kharliblueRabiu
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I tried for more than 10 days to talk to a manager or someone responsible to make a special request in my booking. Hazel answered the phone each time and her default to every question was no. Then she said she was not a decision maker anyway. After two days of trying to talk to someone responsible, Hazel finally allowed me to talk to a low level manager Elver. After she said no, she then said she was not a decision maker anyway. I don't think either of them understood my request or explained it well to anyone who could make a decision. Elver said I would need to talk to Danny the accountant. Multiple days I called for Danny, but apparently he rarely works, and the one day I called when he was in, he was too busy getting ready to leave to talk to me. I was promised an email response for a manager but never got it. My last attempt was today, and again Hazel answered and she could not connect me with anyone responsible. Bottom line I visit this city a lot, but will never stay in this hotel. I hope someone in management reads this if they ever come to work, and will find a way for a potential guest to reach a decision maker in less than the ten days I have tried unsuccessfully. Bureaucracy at its worst. Lack of communications with potential guests at its worst. I recommend to not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank ontheroadagainva
Reviewed March 28, 2013

It is our 9th times coming back here at Bohol tropics so far we don't have bad experience in this hotel, the staff still nice and welcome us with their warm smile. We always like to stay here because it is close to the airport and seaport, walking distance to the nearest mall or local restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mierlita
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This resort must have been really nice but now it urgently needs to be fixed and renovated. The property is nicely located along a great beachfront, the rooms are big and the grounds are spacious.

But like most places, Bohol tropics is prone to wear and tear, furnishings get outdated, paint colors become dull and faded, and the staff gets tired and sometimes overwhelmed but the deluge of a lot of guests. With this and considering the tag price, a guest will simply complain and the property will seem to be of less value for money.

But there seems to be some hope for this property as they are now undertaking repairs and are renovating some of the rooms and amenities. It should be worth another visit in the future. They should then already train and prepeare their staff to be more corteous and gracious to the guests and maybe hire additional staff to complement and follow through the nice front office staffmembers who gives good first impressions and make it last.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business