“Mourns the loss of a great heritage”
Review of Baclayon Church

and up
Bohol Country Eco-Cultural Tour
Ranked #11 of 111 things to do in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest stone churches in the Philippines.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Sadly this was destroyed by an earthquake in 2013. I was here first in 1999 and the experience was breathtaking. However the church needed some more maintenance. You can ask permission to go up to the 2nd floor, and get a bird's eye view of the town.

1  Thank iTriptonic
in 33 reviews
"historic"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've been entered here twice..., during our first tour in Bohol with friends, and on with my boyfriend. Its been a nice and one of the oldest historical church in Bohol. We still passed here many times with my boyfriend during our last visited in Bohol, just end our vacation a month ago (September 2013) before the earthquake came. That was quick happened after we knew and enjoyed the tour. Really sad what the nature calamity happened. Although this one attraction in Bohol already destroyed by the major earthquake, But we still want to go back there, because history is still history..and it will never repeat again. I love history. Must visit in Bohol again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

i went here before the earthquake,back in 2008.
The church has a very large area outside which gives you a better view of the church when you are standing on the road.

The walls as you will touch it, its made of corals and you can see moss and algaes on it. The interior is very old. Bt the altar is still awesome.

Beside the church is Baclayon museum where we saw some old stuffs like rocking chairs, capiz windows, filipiniana dresses, and others.

Noce to see this church before the earthquake struck Bohol.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Few years back we been there in Bohol for a tour with my friends and family. One of the places that I love is the century old Loboc and Baclayon Church, Loboc river cruise, tarsier and the Chocolate Hills. A day after the M7.2 Earthquake, I went back to Bohol, and this time, I was with Earthquake Quick Response team (EQRP), composed of volunteer civil engineers from Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers and Structural Engineers of the Philippines (PICE-ASEP). Together with DPWH and LGU engineers from Tagbilaran City we were tasked to do rapid / detailed assessment of damaged structures, to check the structural integrity of major structures. During our inspection, i have a chance to see and visit these major attractions again, but this time, it is already destroyed. Though,this attractions, were destroyed by the major earthquake, it is still worth to visit because history will not repeat again. It will not be the same century old church that you will see in the furture. Loboc river cruise is now back to its regular operation. Bohol is nice place to explore.

2  Thank ANESIA2013