“A noteworthy vacay”

Ranked #10 of 98 Bohol Island B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“A noteworthy vacay”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Bohol is my favorite getaway destination in the Philippines. After almost three years of staying in the US, I invited my husband to visit the islands. He is an adventurous diver so I knew he'd love Bohol. We jumped into three different resorts in Panglao within 16 days. We found Dive Thru last and it easily became our favorite. We booked a loft-style family room.

Dive Thru Scuba resort has:
- the best sapphire martini
- luxuriously comfortable chaise longues
- an inviting swimming pool with the perfect temperature
- a tastefully designed restaurant (I do admire the architecture)
- very knowledgeable and perceptive dive masters, according to my husband

You will also easily see an extremely dramatic display of clouds any moment of the day and the view of the sunset from the resort is truly spectacular. I enjoyed taking tons of pictures while relaxing.

I was surprised that most of the staff were service-oriented. My curiosity ended when I met Carol, the friendly owner of Dive Thru. I noticed that she's kinda nontraditional so she must have trained her team competently.

Although Dive Thru needs to enhance its culinary offering and room unit aesthetics, my husband and I still consider it our number one choice when staying in Panglao. We were still at the airport in Cebu when my husband started planning our next vacation in the Philippines. He has only been to Bohol once and he wants to return right away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mfariadne

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
bangalore
Reviewed December 16, 2012

we stayed here with our two girls in the duplex room. the room was a bit small but the hotel was very nice. escp compared to the ones near alana beach. the beach on this property is just too beautiful. though u cant really swim here its fun to walk down during low tide. the pool of the property is also very nice. my kids couldnt get enough of it. only drawback was going through their rules n regulations. its quite a long list. also it gets confusing to figure out why you would be charged for extra pillows or a fruit n stuff. also they did not replenish our tea coffee until we asked them to. maybe it was chargeable. the couple running the place r also very sweet. overall a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 04202010Name
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I never expected that my first Bohol trip will be one for the books. From the time that we landed in TAG airport, our land tour was already graciously arranged by our host. Since the trip was just for 3 days, the resort owner ensured that we get the best out of our vacation. A driver was there to collect us and bring us to the first stop - Floating Restaurant in Loboc River. We made it just in time for lunch as my friends and I were already famished. I have to also commend the resort owner for paying attention to small details - each of us were given a bottle of water by the time we set foot in the car. This gesture goes a long way most especially for travelers who want to experience VIP treatment regardless of the budget bucket they're in. After 2 more stops, we headed straight to Dive Thru. Threading our way gave me the feeling that it is secluded which makes it a perfect getaway. We were welcomed with a lot of warm greetings and a refreshing glass of iced tea was waiting for us at the reception area. Upon checking in, our luggage were already in our room.

Our 2nd day was full packed. Started it with a very hearty choice of breakfast, brewed coffee gave me the high I needed, and the morning view was simply awesome. After breakky, time for us to take our scuba lessons and the next thing was just enjoying the speed boat ride and a lot of basking under the elusive sun! It was not so sunny but the weather cooperated enough for us to take our 1st diving experience without any glitch. By the way, the dive master was very patient with us, not that we're slow learners but it takes a lot of sublime effort to make first timers be at ease. Then there we go, communing with what the magnificent sea has to offer. As I excitedly ran my fingers through the corals that I so arduously want to touch, I can't help but feel an out-of-this-world kind of serenity. I suddenly felt that there is really another dimension that what we should know of other than our existing mundane world. A higher power is just out there to offer us this one majestic haven we all call as ocean.

I truly want to thank all staff and the owner of Dive Thru for making this wonderful experience possible. It was something that I have never pictured in my mind during the course of my 8-hour flight to Manila but it has undeniably marked one full page in my life.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tanya Marie C
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Although the location of the resort is a bit remote, I still enjoyed my stay a lot!

They have 1 free shuttle to and from Alona Beach per day. If you cannot catch that shuttle, it would only cost p100-150 for a tricycle ride or p200 for a ride on their car/van.

Since the hotel is not big, having 11 rooms, they could easily recognize who are their guests, which makes me feel so warm everytime they greet us with a great smile.

They are willing to help you on everything, such as housekeeping, serving breakfast in the room, and even help you order pizza delivery.

If you don't mind to take a 5-10min drive from Alona Beach, I would highly recommend this resort to you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I saw what the other guests have shared and I can only confirm that.
We stayed for one week, the second half of October 2011 and we really feel there as in a private villa.
What I can add is that it is really worth if you a diver to go there and not to Boracay for example because in Dive Thru everybody is going to work especially for you with a boat for you-it is like a private lesson or private service and I saw how in Boracay many groups from about twenty persons are organized and managed from 2 divers...all of them on one boat........It is much more precious to do it in Dive Thru....
I should add that we are not divers but even for us the stay there was very pleasant.
Greetings to the owner , the manager and the personal if they still remember us 

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blue_Lily_001
bedale
Reviewed May 11, 2012

the hotel staff are really freindly and helpful, the food served in the evening is definately worth trying if you dont fancy the walk into alona beach, although their is pleanty of good places to eat in alona beach, take a torch their is no street lights, walk takes about 20minutes, we my wife and i that is walked down then got a moterbyke taxi back (all of us on one bike) for 50 peso. The dive centre at the resort has good equipment, and the prices are very reasonable. they have no resident dive instructor so hire in freelance, we were lucky and ian had been employed by government for a few years to catalogue all the species in the area so he knew where everything was, which great i even got whale shark just feeding near surface as we were on our way out to another island for a dive. This is a small hotel with only 11 rooms all laid out in a square around the small pool, the rooms are spotlessly cleaned every day. sun beds are provided facing the sea, only one umberella when we were there but i am sure they would find more if needed. their is no beach, the tide comes right up to the steps of the hotel. the sand under the water is grassed over so if you intend to go snorkling or swimming take some shoes to swim in as the hotel charge for hire. the hotel also does not provide hairdryers in room and charges 50pesos per day for hire, i know its not expensive but most places do now provide. the hotel is set at the end of a narrow lane leading to the road to alona, so its really quiet and peacful and you are only 20 minute walk to alona where all restuarants and bars are. i would not like to stay in alona it would be too noisy and crowded but its great for a few hours. all in all a great little find and would definately go back there

Room Tip: go on the trip around bohol, chocolate hills, tarzier sanctuary, river cruise, church and manmade fo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martyn M
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very safe and modern hotel! World’s best service!!! :-)
If you are looking for a hotel at Pangalo, it is the best choice!
I sincerely recommend this hotel. It is very beautiful, new, modern, safe and clean. There are only 11 rooms which contributes to the comfy homelike personal service.
The rooms are modern, clean and beautiful. The only downside for me was that there was no mirror and hairdryer in the room, I really missed them.
The food was also very good. The chef considered our wishes and the meals were delicious. The chef’s LapuLapu (national fish) with soy sauce and ginger was the best we ate in the Philippines. Surely order it from her!
Greetings and thanks to the CHEF! :-)
The drinks in the bar were rather cheap and the service was superb!
At first it seemed the hotel was not located in a good area but after renting a mopeds on the first day it was no longer a problem.
The hotel is not far from Alona centre but it is far enough not to prefer going on foot. With mopeds it took only a few minutes to get to the centre.
For a little fee the hotel provides transport to the centre but it is more comfortable to use a moped.
Service in this hotel was best we have ever experienced!!!!! One couldn’t wish for more!
Our best wishes to Rodel, Albert, Analyn and Richard for excellent service.
Our favourite was Rodel who is the best tender in the world, always happy, kind and observant!!! Thanks Rodel! :-)
The hotel is located right at the sea but there is no sand beach though it was not a problem. We sunbathed near the beach on comfortable beach chairs, swam in the pool and enjoyed the well-priced drinks in the bar. During the low tide it was very nice to walk on the beach and view at the seafloor. There is also a possibility to go on boat and other trips right from the hotel.
The hotel is perfect for those who love diving and snorkelling. The hotel provides lessons and diving trips.
Ask from Alona in the hotel’s reception for a superb masseurs named Dayday! We tried different masseurs but Dayday was undoubtedly best.
Huge thanks to Carol family, her brother, father, Dindo and Princessa!!!!!!!!
They changed our trip extremely memorable and beautiful. :-)
I miss this hotel and its staff like I do my own family!!!
If we were to go to Boholi again we would 100% choose the same hotel!!!
Best regards from Estonia!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is perfect for those who love diving and snorkelling. Very safe, modern, relaxing hotel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bohol Beach Club
Bohol Beach Club
#3 of 49 in Panglao Island
BE Grand Resort, Bohol

Been to Dive Thru Scuba Resort - Bohol? Share your experiences!