“Advanced open water course complete”

Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PHILIPPINE FUN DIVERS is a PADI 5-Star Dive Resort! TOP OF THE LINE, TOP OF THEIR GAME, YOU CAN'T TOP IT! Dedicated to only giving the best of Scuba Fun Diving, Scuba Diving Safaris, PADI Courses and Specialty Courses to our customers. We offer Day Trips, Shore Dives and Safaris to the most famous islands around us, such as Panglao Island, Balicasag Island, Cabilao Island, Pamilacan Island, Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Sumilon Island. Teaching the full range of PADI Courses is our other passion. We teach all courses in English, German, Japanese, Tagalog, Bisayan and Italian. We are well known for our great, spacious and classy dive boats. The boat fleet: Two amazing, traditional Banka Boats with 30 divers each capacity, One 16 seater Speedboat, One 10-Seater Speedboat, and One 6-Seater Speedboat. Going the extra mile can be expected every time you visit us here at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol. Holger the President, Rena the Manager and the rest of the professional team welcomes you to paradise. See you soon for unforgettable under water adventures surrounded by amazing creatures (and people)! Please write us an email in order to get your customized Scuba Fun Diving/PADI Course - Accommodation - Round Trip Transfer - Sight Seeing Package for a great deal! And don't worry, we will take your pictures and videos if requested! Thank you very much, Vielen Dank, Domo arigato gozaimashita, Maraming Salamat, Daghang Salamat, Grazie, Je vous remercie and to all people from other countries (and please tell us what Thank You means when you are here with us)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I initially had a false start due to catching a cold but came back after communicating with Flor via email. I completed my advanced open water in 2 days, Michelle was my instructor and was extremely thorough, she even made me do some navigation in my night dive to solidify my knowledge. I would recommend anyone wanting to complete a course here to do it with Michelle, she has vast diving experience and knowledge in many areas, she added in bits that the book didn't, personal experience and the like. It wasn't the standard tourist operation that is just after another dollar, I wasn't just a number and I had 100% of Michelle's attention.
Many thanks Philippine fun divers :)

There are newer reviews for Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've gone diving all over the Philippines, and I can say with all honesty that none of the other operators were as fun to dive with as these guys.

It's easy to book dives with them. They have extremely large boats which they dont over stuff with divers. The DM's are quite knowledgeable, good with english, and open to dive site requests. And payment processing is fast.

Don't bother checking out the other operators along Alona. These guys are it!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the second year in a row we went diving with Philippine Fun Divers so I think they deserve a review now. Last year I took my OWD and this year my boyfrind took AOWD - we both went with Michelle who is really calm, relaxed, fun and a good teacher. During our two trips to Panglao we have had a total of around 20 dives with Philippine Fun Divers and find them highly professional with good equipment. They are also very flexible and have arranged dives in the spots we preferred with very short notice. This year I experienced an ear squeze due to a cold and the divemaster immediatly took action and made sure that my dive ended in a secure manner. If you start asking questions about the underwater world you will learn that many of the divemasters are born and raised in the area and that they care about the environment. Also it is very nice for me that they always help you carry the heavy equipment to and from the boat. I will definetly recommend them and I will certainly dive with them again if we come back. Also thanks to the girls at the office who work hard to arrange our diving requests with a short notice.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Grate staff, very, very professional, and not least important, very nice and fun people.
Quality equipment. Not even a tiny problem for the 9 dives I’ve been doing with them
Been diving with them for a week, Was pure fun.
due to a recent typhoon damage, most of the interesting dives are on Balicasag Island.
it's a bit iretating limitation
but it's an amazing diving place. lots of sea turtles, Jack fish, barracudas, etc'...

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Two of us got our AOWD, one got OWD and one got her Peak Performance Buoyancy course. We all studied with Poloy who is the nicest, most cheerful, funniest instructor ever. He knows what he's doing, he gives great feedback but at the same time, he doesn't try to be serious and boring all the time. I felt very comfortable with him. He even took all 4 of us to Balicasag one day so that we didn't get bored learning in the Alona house reefs.

Then we also did two fun dives in Balicasag with Hiroshi who is also very sweet and super attentive. Hiro is extremely knowledgeable about fish and can teach you all the hand gestures (ask him!!) and underwater, he's amazing at identifying rarer fish like frog fish, nudibranches and leaffish.

Liza, the superfriendly lady at the front desk answered all our emails in great detail and was very accomodating on all our requests. BFD also takes payments in several forms (cash, cc, tc, etc) and that only adds to the convenience. They also provide clean water, coffee and tea and maintain very clean toilets.