“Over rated”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Over rated”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The trip to Danao from Tagbilaran should take less than 2 hours if you take a private vehicle and the conditions are good. Unfortunately when we went to Danao, there were a lot of road constructions and unpaved roads and it was raining making our trip longer. When we got there, it was still raining so all the rides were temporarily closed. So we had lunch first at their restaurant until the rain stopped. First advice, eat before going to Danao because the resto has ridiculous prices. P400 for an order of pork adobo and P250 for fish tinola (soup). Second advice, bring enough cash - they do not accept credit cards and the rides are not cheap. P350 per person for the suislide, P300 for river trekking, P250 for the cable car and P700 for the plunge (there were 5 of us so you do the math.) last advice, pray for good weather because most rides will be closed when its raining for safety reasons. Overall, the Danao Eco- adventure park is worth the 2 hour trip from Tagbilaran but it could still be improved. I suggest better infrastructures, a welcome orientation or guide to explain all the rides being offered and an area map. Even a souvenir shop is lacking. Photos of your adventure is available from a laptop but could take very long if there's a group ahead of you. They should shape up since Loboc river, which is closer, already has a zipline and a cable car too.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank traveldoc298573

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome Adventure I won't ever Forget”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my friends went to Danao to experience the famous "The Plunge and Suislide". When, we first saw how they do the plunge, we literally scream together with the one who actually does it. This adventure is definitely not for those fainthearted. You will scream your lungs out while having the free fall of your life! Priceless memory you won't easily forget. Meanwhile, suislide will give you the amazing view of the place while gliding the mountains. A must do adventure!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank jennifer_uy
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Camping, Adventure, and Great Staff!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I basically came to Bohol Island to check out this adventure park and the Tarsiers. When deciding where to visit in the Philippines, I just searched for "camping in the Philippines" and this is one of the places that came up. Once I saw the activities it offered, I was sold. I arrived in the late afternoon after taking a tricycle all the way from Alona Beach. It's pretty unheard of, but it was a great ride stopping at some sights in Bohol Island interior on the way. I camped at the adventure park for the night and to my surprise, I was the only one camping that night. It may have been better to be able to socialize with others, but it was still very cool having the whole silent park to camp in at night with a full moon overlooking the gorge I was about to plunge into the following morning. By morning, a few groups came in and I joined one to do a few of the activities. I did the Suislide, Plunge, and Caving. All were pretty cool. The Plunge was the best. I had my doubts as well, but do it. Great way to wake up in the morning. You can definitely do enough activities in one day, but if you have the time stay overnight. Camping here is a pretty cool experience if you can hack it.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank peterTnomad
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure Park (but rubbish hotel)”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Danao to have a go on the Plunge and Suislide. The Suislide is really cool, feels like you are flying over the gorge and then you get to go back again. The Plunge is amazing! Definitely not to be missed! We thought te prices of the attractions were great value and there was even a photographer taking pics of the whole thing which he let us copy to our usb stick for a very reasonable price.

We stayed the night at the hotel and wouldn't recommend doing that. There was no running water and the fan room didnt even have a fan! Very overpriced too.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Katie H
Cebu Island, Philippines
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great to Fly and Glide across the mountains”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Danao Adventure Park offers a memorable Experience for the daring and the timid.
We were a family of 4 when we went there. We all took the Zip line twice; the Plunge twice and went on the River hike and spelunking. Each different , but each gave you a taste of the tremendous beauty Nature has for those who want to discover it. Our guide was very knowlegeable about the native trees and literally helped me get up the vertical cliff.
I want to go back!