“small but nice butterfly park”

Bohol Habitat Conservation Center
Ranked #9 of 104 things to do in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Owner description: At Habitat Bohol you will find a free guided tour around an open natural butterfly garden where over 160 species of Bohol butterflies have been recorded flying free. The tour also includes a display area and small enclosure for a close encounter with the local butterflies. Entrance fee for adults is 40pesos and kids 10pesos.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Its the 4th butterfly park i have been in, but the smallest one and the only one I have enjoyed going into. It doesnt have a huge collection of butterflies, it doesnt cover a large area, but it has very helpful guides who happily explain to you the life cycle of the butterfly, its peculiarities and all sort of oddities I didnt know before - prettier the caterpillar, uglier the butterfly. Like at the Tarsier sanctuary, the guide was helpful rather than obstrusive, and i would recommend families with young children to go.

There are newer reviews for Bohol Habitat Conservation Center

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

As my title says, it was a good 10 minute stop for a few photos, though I wouldn't say it was an exceptional experience like some others have said. Yes it's a seasonal attraction, but perhaps something they may consider is boosting the value in some way in the low season, as I saw about 5 butterflies and didn't have the energy or patience to stay any longer as it was just myself. I think it's more suitable to young families and children- but maybe I was expecting too much! Either way, the staff were really lovely as commonly stated here, but they really make an easy 40 PHP for not a lot!

1  Thank Amaryanne
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was the most enjoyable part of our countryside tour! My 4yr old daughter liked it so much and was asking me to visit the place again. She learned the butterfly lifecycle and experience to hold the real ones. Thanks for the tour guide michael who was very entertaining and funny!

2  Thank gensison
Reviewed November 4, 2012

the park was quite small and nice, especially for butterfly lovers. It is interesting to see, but I would recommend it if it is somewhere on your way.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I visited with my two toddlers and they had a great time holding caterpillars, cocoons and butterflies. The staff were very nice and helpful with the little ones. A very worthwhile stop to see the life cycle of butterflies. Try their ice cream too, it's good.