New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Good, but not great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and deservedly so. However, my experience over the 5 days was that they ran out of sites to dive. We were dropped off on a part of the reef that was just destroyed. Sadly. Unfortunately, we even heard explosions on two of our dives. But, overall, it was really wonderful liveaboard experience.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Doug H

• Polish first
Mount Sinai, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“First Time Diving in the Philippines but not my last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was totally blown away by the Tubbataha Reef.

Our group booked on the advice of a friend with Palau Sport.

The Palau Sport spends part of the time in Palau and part of the time on the Tubbataha Reef due to the high seas. Since I just got back, and it is April then the spring should be OK.

The sea life is AMAZING. Although we did not see the Whale Shark, we did see so much more that we did not care. Spotted Eagle Rays, Giant Turtles in position (sleeping, eating, pissed off) sharks, sharks, SHARKS

I want to talk a bit about the Palau Sport.

David Choy runs a great boat. I am an American our group was comprised of Americans, French, German. There where 10 of us and then there were 10 other guests who were Japanese. Most of the guests did not speak English. It did not matter because we ALL SPOKE THE LANGUAGE OF SCUBA DIVING.

David Choy and the crew of the Palau Sport made sure that the food was made so each culture was happy. In fact, The Japanese enjoyed the American Cuisine and quite frankly I miss having Miso soup. lol

I feel the crew went above and beyond to make us happy and satisfied. David was always asking if there is anything he could do for us etc..

In fact, on this trip My husband and I completed our 500th dive. They commemorated that accomplishment as well as the 200th dive of one of the Japanese guest with a cake and Tshirt. It is those special things that go a long way.

The dive staff was divided into two groups, our group was split into the photographers and non-photographers. Kenneth and Anton were our dive guides and have and extensive knowledge of the reef and of diving as well. I had a equipment malfunction on the second day of a 2 week holiday and they were able to fix my low pressure inflator hose. Thank you
so much. I am forever in your debt.

Now for the practical things.

I live in NY here is what we did.

We flew Cathay Pacific. Why. They go from NY, Hong Kong, Manilla.

Flying east to west is easier on your system.

We stayed in Manilla at the Marriott for one day prior to taking a flight to Puerto Princessa. Again Why? to start to get used to the time change. Also You will be leaving from terminal 3 which is right across the street from the Marriott.

You will have to book and flight from Manilla to Puerto Princessa you have a choice. Cebu airlines or Air Phil. We too Air Phil PACK LIGHT BECAUSE YOU WILL GET SLAMMED WITH OVERWEIGHT FEES You are allowed 10 kg but you can purchase 15 more. Note you will pay 150 pesos over the allotted amount. There is an allowance for sport equipment BUT it must be shipped separately in a separate container SO UNLESS YOU LIVE THERE FORGET IT

Visited April 2013
7 Thank Andrea L
Alameda, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“TUBBATAHA REEF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have always been hasitant to write a review of the tubbahata Reef. My motives are pure selfish.
I have dived the reef twice on livaboards and after 20 years of diving all over the world, this reef easaly holds the number spot in diving experences. No kidding it's that good. Better than the Great Barrier Reef, Galapogos,and Sidapan which are all top notch. You can only get out there for 3 to 4 months a year due to the high seas in the area. Due a livaboard for a week whitch means fives days of diving. These trips can fill up fast sometimes years so book early. The Philippino Coast Guard will only allow so many liveaboards to go per year. This is a protected site. Do all the reading on line about this spot and try not to spread the word. This is truly one of the Virgin div sites left on the planet.
Jeff Stapleton

Visited March 2013
12 Thank Jeff S
manila
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Corals are a sight to behold!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is included when you go island-hopping. Entrance fee is 50php for those who will swim only. There is a cordoned spot where corals are so abundant and but you can peek around. Though we went almost 2pm, it sometimes go cloudy so its hard to see under. Corals are the best but fish are not so abundant i prefer boracay.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank rossManila
england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“rarest and most wonderful reef ever seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

this reefs was absolutely beautiful! the awesome richness is unbelieveable, with all the underwater creaures one can only see on movies/films..worth whole-day spending, expect more or less the whole day for this activity...

Visited December 2012