“Life experience 2”
Review of Tubbataha Reef

Tubbataha Reef
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I never had snorkled before. this was the first time for my wife and me. It was great. I could have done it all day. Unfortunately I forgot my sun tan lotion and was fried floating around. Live and learn.

12  Thank Robert R

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I joined a safari trip to Tubbahata from 27 March to 2 April, and it was far beyond fantastic to me. I went onboard the Stella Maris Explorer, a well-equipped and spacious vessel, where all the divers were well served and entertained by the friendly & helpful crew. There supposed to be a lot to see underwater, but of course it's a matter of luck. So, just try your luck out ;-)

6  Thank winnieboy88
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed on the liveaboard H.C. Andersen, for 6 days. We had 4 days of diving around Tubbataha, which wasn't long enough. It was surely the best dive site I have visited in the Philippines, and I have been at Apo reef and Apo island as well.
I saw, 7 hammerheads at the same time, manta rays, eagle rays, big sting ray (of some sort), blacktip-, whitetip- and grey reef sharks, nurse shark, and much more.
The vis was only around 15 m, so it could have been better, but it changes from time to time.
The boat was very good, they only fill it half, when going to Tubbataha, so you got so much space that you almost can feel lonely ;)

6  Thank Lasse N
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just stayed in a liveaboard boat to dive in Tubbataha Reef. The place is great, you can see most of the underwater creatures here.
And the landscape and coral garden is also wonderful, although people are all focus to see the big stuff...

6  Thank Corali2005
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Also the second time there it was great diving. We saw many sharks, white and black tip reef sharks and grey reef sharks but also barrakuda, big schools of jackfish, turtles, manta rays, marble and blue spotted rays and even a whaleshark. The corals are in perfect condition. Especially the huge sea fans and sponges are very impressive. However, it's a place for experienced divers. Currents can be strong and unpredictable and all dives are wall dives. Visibility was 15-20 m, sometimes better. From Puerto Princessa to Tubbataha it's a 12 h boat ride and often quite a rough one as it is open sea. So be prepared with anti sea sickness medication. This time we went with the Philippine Siren. The boat is quite comfortable, cabins are really nice and spacious but there is not too much shaded area to relax between the dives and it is rolling heavily in rough waters. Diving was well organized, the crew very nice and helpful.

4  Thank MimiMao