1. It's far & they don't offer free hotel transfers. It's a 90-minute van ride from the airport/city proper where most of the tours (e.g. Underground River, city tour, etc.) take place.
2. Beach is not yet fully 'operational'. You CAN'T SWIM & WALK on the beach, yet. Maybe next year, staff says.
3. You can do kayaking for a fee (P350/pax)! This should have been given as a freebie because we can't go the beach & there's nothing much to do inside the hotel/resort due to the on-going construction of other amenities.
4. There's too much insects flying (& biting!) so be prepared to bring & apply mosquito repellant esp. In the dining area called The Reserve. We thought it was due to those boats holding the lights over the tables that are attracting the insects!
5. No nightlife. Again, because it's far from the city.
1. Refreshing, picturesque infinity pool (divided into three: 2.5 ft-deep jacuzzi, 4 ft. adult pool, 2ft kiddie pool)
2. Big rooms with 2 queen beds; retro-styled/theme interiors
3. Attentive service staff from the lifeguard to the dining area crew (2 thumbs up!)
4. Delightful & reasonably priced food tho' choices were limited
5. Future amenities like the kiddie water park, which my kids have already set their eyes on next summer.
Other reminders for future guests:
1. While their rooms have 2 large queen beds, please be sure that you're booking the correct number of adult & child guests. Because even if you can all fit inside the room & the beds, they will charge you extra if your reservation doesn't indicate so.
2. A hotel van can accommodate only 6 persons & will cost you P2,800/way. It's higher compared to honest & efficient van drivers cum-tourist guides charge. You will find them right outside the airport. We got ours @ P2.5k/way for a van that accommodated 11 of us (7 adults, 4 kids).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Astoria Palawan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Palawan Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa