“wonderful”

D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan
Ranked #85 of 203 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed three nights at lucky garden, and would return in a heartbeat. It is quiet, yet only a few minutes from the airport and seafood restaurants. Loved,going to the beach -honda bay - thank you for the suggestions, comfortable easy access to seafood restaurants which i love to eat. . Joining Underground river tour package was an experience. I saved a lot of money availing a package and staying in this simple accommodation though not a hotel - its just like apartments - well this is just a budget class i can say its a great place to stay!

Room Tip: get the couples room near the garden area
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank greatbets303

Reviewed June 3, 2012

what i like about -.value for money - price is ok for me -. service is ok for some staff only but not all 1 of the staff even tried to argue with me at barangay - near the airport but on the other side of the street what i dislike about - going to hotel is very dark at night - there are kids who will do something to you - there are 3 wild dogs and they bite on the 1st street (10 meters away from the hotel) - no other establshiments beside or near lucky garden overall I will not go back and I will not recommend this lucky garden I have now 2 major burises in my knee

owner cares bout his hotel rather than his guests

booked oct 2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank mark p
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The first night was not bad. They give me a nice room, with 2 windows, with a small garden with one table and 2 chair.
But the staff at lobby not very warm and welcoming. I guest they are Taiwanese. They look at your very mean like in the horror movie Psycho with the motel!
First night the staff at restaurant was very friendly with me. Finally I found that because one of the giril like me. But a guest decided to come to have a site and talk to me at my dinning table in the restaurant. The girl was so upset and jealouse that she ignored me and day after I had to tell them to not take it personal and also that I never wanted to be her boyfriend but I was only friendly and smile to them. the day after I asked her politly if i can have a cup of coffee and another service. I wait 20 minutes then I saw her reading a book at the frontdesk. I asked her if she forgot me. And she was not surprise when i said that. Like if she knows and wanted to be very mean to me. I cannot beleive. I am the customer there. Later the same day a gay staff, snob like each time you go see him or walk in front of him , look at you like if you disturb him, never smile, and rude. I asked if there is a printer for computer. He did not let me finisha and began to yell on me. Anyway. All is about the staff. for the price the place is quiet and okla. Not new but clean and convenient. I will check in another hotel next time for sure...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank nick2000_10
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed there during 1 night on the way from El Nido to Bohol. Standard accommodation, very close to the airport (3-5 minutes ride, 30-50 peso). Budget double room with TV, hot water and AC for 890 peso (21 USD) worth to stay in case of transit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Yevhen
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I would stay here again, if traveling alone. The staff is not all that welcoming though. All and all, for the money, it does as advertised.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Rick M
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed here for a night by picking a tout at random at the airport as we didnt want to spend time selecting and finding a place just for 1 night.

Looking at some of the negative reviews here I think perhaps that the owner and staff have taken notice of the views - as front desk staff and the manager himself were friendly and helpful to us. We booked a bus to El Nido and hired a motorbike at regular rates - same as outside - with ease.

The room for 1100 pesos had good aircon, a small TV with satellite, a small fridge and hot water. Two towels were provided and room was clean. As someone else said in their review, the furniture is about as cheap as you can get - 70's chipboard table and chinese mild steel chairs sized for an infant - but I don't really expect any furniture in a budget room like this.

Only real negative point - the ceilings are false so sound from rooms travels very easily through the roof cavity. This wouldn't normally be an issue, but we were unlucky enough to be next to an inconsiderate american guy who had a screaming match with his girlfriend for 2 hours around midnight.

Didn't try the restaurant - but loads of good food in town so no need to.

Overall - good for a night stop-over. If staying longer I would go to one of the resorts or guesthouses outside of Princesca as there is no real reason to stay in the town other than transit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bluecramp
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel last March 2011. We booked our Palawan trip with a travel agency so we really have no choice to which place we are staying.

When we arrived at the airport a hotel staff ushered us to a van and brought us to Lucky Garden. My first impression was it is small and very basic. When we approached the front desk and asked her for our room she told us they are still cleaning it, unbelievable! They knew the flights arrived from Manila and they should have prepared the rooms way ahead before our arrival. When we finally had a glimpse of the room, you won't really feel that you are in a vacation. The bed is made of bamboo (papag in Tagalog) and squeeking whenever you move!
It is a relief that we only stayed in Lucky Garden to have rest after a whole day of tour otherwise we will be flying to Manila on the next available flight. There are no choices for breakfast, they will just give you meal vouchers and it is purely up to them what to serve you. And you always need to ask for drinking water, the cafe staff has no own will to serve them without asking.
I was force to buy a t-shirt before going to the Island Hopping at the front desk and I paid more than twice the price in the market.
If you will be visiting Palawan and your travel agent wanted you to stay in Lucky Garden better ask them to book you elsewhere. It's definitely not worth it!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple