“Lucky Garden or Unlucky Garden?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan

D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan
Ranked #80 of 182 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“Lucky Garden or Unlucky Garden?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

The first night was not bad. They give me a nice room, with 2 windows, with a small garden with one table and 2 chair.
But the staff at lobby not very warm and welcoming. I guest they are Taiwanese. They look at your very mean like in the horror movie Psycho with the motel!
First night the staff at restaurant was very friendly with me. Finally I found that because one of the giril like me. But a guest decided to come to have a site and talk to me at my dinning table in the restaurant. The girl was so upset and jealouse that she ignored me and day after I had to tell them to not take it personal and also that I never wanted to be her boyfriend but I was only friendly and smile to them. the day after I asked her politly if i can have a cup of coffee and another service. I wait 20 minutes then I saw her reading a book at the frontdesk. I asked her if she forgot me. And she was not surprise when i said that. Like if she knows and wanted to be very mean to me. I cannot beleive. I am the customer there. Later the same day a gay staff, snob like each time you go see him or walk in front of him , look at you like if you disturb him, never smile, and rude. I asked if there is a printer for computer. He did not let me finisha and began to yell on me. Anyway. All is about the staff. for the price the place is quiet and okla. Not new but clean and convenient. I will check in another hotel next time for sure...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank nick2000_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed there during 1 night on the way from El Nido to Bohol. Standard accommodation, very close to the airport (3-5 minutes ride, 30-50 peso). Budget double room with TV, hot water and AC for 890 peso (21 USD) worth to stay in case of transit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Yevhen
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I would stay here again, if traveling alone. The staff is not all that welcoming though. All and all, for the money, it does as advertised.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Rick M
Vientiane, Laos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed here for a night by picking a tout at random at the airport as we didnt want to spend time selecting and finding a place just for 1 night.

Looking at some of the negative reviews here I think perhaps that the owner and staff have taken notice of the views - as front desk staff and the manager himself were friendly and helpful to us. We booked a bus to El Nido and hired a motorbike at regular rates - same as outside - with ease.

The room for 1100 pesos had good aircon, a small TV with satellite, a small fridge and hot water. Two towels were provided and room was clean. As someone else said in their review, the furniture is about as cheap as you can get - 70's chipboard table and chinese mild steel chairs sized for an infant - but I don't really expect any furniture in a budget room like this.

Only real negative point - the ceilings are false so sound from rooms travels very easily through the roof cavity. This wouldn't normally be an issue, but we were unlucky enough to be next to an inconsiderate american guy who had a screaming match with his girlfriend for 2 hours around midnight.

Didn't try the restaurant - but loads of good food in town so no need to.

Overall - good for a night stop-over. If staying longer I would go to one of the resorts or guesthouses outside of Princesca as there is no real reason to stay in the town other than transit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bluecramp
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel last March 2011. We booked our Palawan trip with a travel agency so we really have no choice to which place we are staying.

When we arrived at the airport a hotel staff ushered us to a van and brought us to Lucky Garden. My first impression was it is small and very basic. When we approached the front desk and asked her for our room she told us they are still cleaning it, unbelievable! They knew the flights arrived from Manila and they should have prepared the rooms way ahead before our arrival. When we finally had a glimpse of the room, you won't really feel that you are in a vacation. The bed is made of bamboo (papag in Tagalog) and squeeking whenever you move!
It is a relief that we only stayed in Lucky Garden to have rest after a whole day of tour otherwise we will be flying to Manila on the next available flight. There are no choices for breakfast, they will just give you meal vouchers and it is purely up to them what to serve you. And you always need to ask for drinking water, the cafe staff has no own will to serve them without asking.
I was force to buy a t-shirt before going to the Island Hopping at the front desk and I paid more than twice the price in the market.
If you will be visiting Palawan and your travel agent wanted you to stay in Lucky Garden better ask them to book you elsewhere. It's definitely not worth it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank bok_1981

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Princesa hotels

manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

I went to puerto princesa with my friends and my family. We enjoyed our stay at
D lucky garden Inn. We had our breakfast ready early in the morning and our tours daily. We visited the Underground river and experienced entering the cave and also the ugong rock zipline. It was worth joining the trip, the next day we had an island hopping trip it was fun and i enjoyed the snorkeling at first i didnt want to join package tours but after the tour i was thankful its better joining its more fun with a group of people from different places plus its more economical i save more,
The inn is near the airport so our last day we even visited honda bay and proceed at the airport after . My favorite was the fresh mango fruit shake in season.
i hope i stayed longer to visit other destinations.
WIFI is free and what i like there is they are helpful and if you needed something you can just request at the counter all you need is to ask.
I got new friends from from different countries during the tour and at D lucky garden inn, i really enjoyed my whole stay in palawan.

Room Tip: join the package they offer
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hal42brent
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed in Cottage 1, I'm assuming the oldest of all them. They had newer cottages built, but I didn't get to look inside. I can only review what I saw and where I stayed. It looked to be built in the 1960's, maybe the 70's. Thin sheets, cheap furniture. What can I say. Fridge was unplugged and smelled of mildew.

We were 5 people in one cottage, 2 bedrooms. They only gave us one towel for each bedroom, no problem. But when I went to the front desk to ask for more, the cheap owner was there and argued with the employee who was going to help me. I actually had to state my case "Dude! We are 5 people, you gave us two little towels! I took a shower and the cloth you gave me is already soaking wet! I'm not asking a lot!" I requested 3 more towels, but he would only give me 2. Talk about cheap. I wouldn't go back again. Not close to downtown, either, kind of a long ride.

The "food cafe" inside seems to be run by different employees, and I was blown away by the lack of quality. I ordered a Mango shake and she brought me a concoction of ice, milk and syrup. I asked her if there was any actual mango in it, she said "No, we only used flavored syrup. The owner won't buy real fruit." Wow. I'm on a tropical island paradise, surrounded by mango and banana trees (which grow by the side of the road here), and this cheapo can't buy several dollars worth of fresh fruit to sell to the guests? I mean, it wasn't free, the shakes were 150 peso each, which is expensive. Outside they are 50 pesos. SO I skipped anything else at the cafe, as I'm not into flavored syrup "shakes". Oh, and they had no real coffee, only packets of instant. (3 in 1). Wow, what a cheap owner.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
#16 of 182 in Puerto Princesa
Pension Del Flora
Pension Del Flora
#49 of 182 in Puerto Princesa

Been to D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan? Share your experiences!