“Wish I had more!”

White Fence Country Cafe
Ranked #17 of 160 Restaurants in Puerto Princesa
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Wish I had more!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Really cozy, relaxed restaurant. You have a choice of whether to sit in a/c or fan-cooled dining area. We ordered the traditional BBQ stick meal, which came with seasoned rice and pickled slaw, the bacon cheeseburger with thick fries, soup and chocolate cake.
Everything was tasty, well-priced and came out quickly. The only wish I have is that there was MORE, haha, it was so delicious and the restaurant was very relaxing. Also, they don't serve Rum & Coke...but, that's ok! We got it at another well-known establishment (look for my review on Kinabuchs grill & bar). Would recommend to families with children and couples, or if you just want a place to sit back and have coffee on one of their couches. Very, very clean.

Visited March 2014

Puerto Princesa, Palawan
“A Big Breakfast”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was my 2nd visit to the White Fence Country Cafe. The 1st time I had a rather disappointing Bacon Cheeseburger. This time I was here for breakfast. My friends & I entered & seated our selves & sat there waiting for someone to show up. That didn't happen even though the place seemed empty. Then I noticed the bell on the table. We rang the bell & our waitress appeared! We all ordered breakfast & I ordered coffee. The waitress took our orders & disappeared. A while later she returned with our orders. Note: No drinks were brought while we waited for our meals. i had ordered the 1st thing on the breakfast menu. It included french toast, 2 eggs, sausage or bacon, and 2 slabs of hash browns. I ordered my eggs 'over easy' but I received sunny side up eggs with a lot of uncooked egg whites. I explained 'over easy' to the waitress & sent them back to finish cooking them. When they returned one egg was perfect & one was cooked completely hard. The french toast was among the best I have ever tasted. The brewed coffee was quite strong, but not bitter. The sausage was nothing to brag about, but then I have never had good sausage in the Philippines. It was cooked perfectly. It was just crap sausage. The hash browns were just like McDonalds, but bigger. One of my friends cleaned his plate of the omelet he had ordered. the other only ate half of his food. I didn't ask if something was wrong.

• Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Unique atmosphere, fine food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Once we found it, we ate every meal in Puerto Princesa at the White Fence Country Cafe. This spotless eatery has a delightful atmosphere: picket fences, stained glass, and bright local artwork - as if Nantucket met the South Seas.

The most unusual touches are classic jazz and blues playing in the background - a relief from insipid pop fare - and classic movies playing soundlessly on a small flat screen TV.

The restaurant was about 300 meters from our hotel, the Hibiscus Garden, back toward the airport, on the same side of the road.

The food is as good as the ambience, especially the Filipino dishes, from which there are many to choose. We also ate a western breakfast, which was equally good.

Prices are modest, making White Fence Country Cafe a good value. Our only quibble was the 8% sales tax added to the bill, something we found nowhere else on Palawan.

• Visited March 2014
WhiteFenceCafe, Manager at White Fence Country Cafe, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visits to White Fence Country Cafe. Nothing delights us more than a satisfied guest--with the exception of satisfied guests that come back again and again! We are very pleased to hear that you appreciated the atmosphere and the food.

Just to clarify about the 8% charge you mentioned - this is actually a service charge and not a sales tax (sales tax is already included in the menu prices), which is customary among many restaurants in Puerto Princesa. We apologize if this in any way caused some confusion or was not communicated well to you by our staff.

Thank you again for making us a part of your Palawan vacation!
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Excellent ambience w superb food”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

On a holiday with a group of 6 friends. Stumble upon this beautiful restaurant on our way to massage.

Its a boutique hotel with a restaurant White Fence Country Cafe. Lots of surprises as u walk into the premise, excellent ID!

Great food, we forgo our free breakfast in our hotel to come here and have our breakfast 2 days in a row.

Simple food like french toast is so excellently done. Must try their french onion soup.

Prague, Oklahoma
“Amazing, great experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had a great time in this cafe and i felt much better than in La Terrase (#1 rated in PPS)! Great deserts, coffee and a wonderful burger with double cheese - propably best in PPS. Excellent prices (under 200peso). Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014