All reviews front desk airport terminal business hotel tricycle ride affordable hotel convenience store buffet breakfast is rooms are spacious the main road honda bay wifi philippines convention elevator amenities lock promo
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This was my first visit to the Philippines. Arriving at the Puerto Princesa airport i decided not exchange money because rates are usually lower, it was about 9 pm when I eventually got to the hotel. There is a minimum taxi charge of 200 pesos, which I guess is not too bad. My hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport.
Checking in was easy although they seem to inspect every detail of the passport and with one large and one small suitcase I did get a bellboy's help to the room.
My first impression was it was pretty dark even with the lights on and I do not like that because it generally means that everything else in the hotel is going to be regulated by finance.
That proved to be very accurate there are no kettles in the room, one has to take your cup along the corridor to a water container which dispenses hot or cold water. By the time you get back to the room the water is no longer at boiling temperature., therfore the tea bag does not infuse very well.
I wanted to go out and explore the territory around so went to the reception to exchange a couple of hundred pounds sterling but to my dismay they do not exchange money for the tourists.
.Two days later the Virgin Mobile phone company cut me off because I axadently went over my credit limit even although I am on contract with them for my house landline,my TV service and broadband. I was messaged to phone them on another phone to get reconnected, naturally I thought "that's easy don't have to leave my room to do that " Wrong again only local calls allowed.from the room. I then asked at reception next morning to make the call to Virgin and add the cost to my bill, no chance they don't have an international line in the hotel. This part you will not believe.They do not have international exchange anywhere in the city. I found that out by taking a tricycle round the city for two hours asked the police and on eventually finding the Information centre just more dismay, the place does not open on Sundays.
Back to the hotel facilities, they did not replace the shower gel, or shampoo for the following 6 nights, there are no face or hand towels. Only 2 sockets that I could see in the room.
I cannot describe the lack of helpfulness I received at the Manilla airport trying to get from the domestic to the international terminal.almost missing my connecting flight to Bangkok.It seems to me that the country is still in the 18th century and as much as they advertise the beautiful country they are certainly NOT geared up for the modern day tourists.

Room Tip: A room above the reception may give you a street view .
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
JasmCSA, Customer Service Assistant at Fersal Hotel - Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear RiccardoEdinburgh,

Greetings from Fersal Hotel Puerto Princesa!

Thank you for the for the review and letting us know about your recent experience with our hotel. Your feedback is very well appreciated and it is important to us it will helps us to improve our service. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you shared and to your disappointments. Regarding in this matter, we will look into this and rest assured that we will make an action. Hoping that you will give us another chance and visit us again.

For further inquiries and reservations, please email reservations@fersalhotelgroup.com or call 02-9122691/ 9112161/ 09228572543/ 09277210578/09397708213.
for more comments and suggestion you may email Customer Service at happy@fersalhotelgroup.com

Best regards!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Situated very near the old airport terminal, it was a good location from where to explore the city. The rooms are big. They provided bssic toiletries, slippers, coffee/tea, with hot and cold water dispenser near the corridors. Can not really beat the price that included buffet breakfast.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Ivy M, Customer Service Assistant at Fersal Hotel - Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Jordan T,

Greetings from Fersal Hotel Group!
Thank you for staying at our Fersal Hotel Puerto Princesa and taking time to make a review. We are glad to know that in general, you appreciated our services and enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. Please let us know when is your next visit so we can be of service to you again and hoping that you will recommend us to your family, friends and colleagues.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Booked through Booking.com without any hassle. We were allowed early check in since we were part of a group. The room was comfortable with electronic key card lock, free water, coffee and tea and toiletries.
Buffet breakfast is also included. Location is accessible along the main road where tricycles are readily available with fare of p10 per person.
Pick up service from the airport can also be arranged.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Ivy M, Customer Service Assistant at Fersal Hotel - Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear Ajie A,

Greetings from Fersal Hotel Group!
It is nice to know that you found our hotel on a great value and well situated. Appreciate also your compliments to our rooms and amenities. As for other comments, rest assured that this will be discuss with the Management so that we can improve and give better service to our guests. Please let us know when is your next visit so we can be of service to you again and hoping that you will recommend us to your family, friends and colleagues.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Location wise, it's near the airport and there is a free shuttle service. However it is quite a distance away from the city centre so you will have to take a tricycle ride for about 15 to 30mins. To honda bay would take a little longer.

The room is spacious and clean. As a family, we stayed for 2 nights in a room which had 2 double beds provided. Rate include daily buffet breakfast for 2 which was good, but not the coffee which was so diluted.

The phone provided in the room had some connection issues so it was quite inconvenient whenever we had to request from either housekeeping or the front desk. Other than that we had a nice stay. The air conditioning takes longer to cool due to the room size and also the capacity of the cooling unit.

Definitely will return whenever we are back in Palawan

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Ivy M, Customer Service Assistant at Fersal Hotel - Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Christopheroon,

Greetings from Fersal Hotel Group!
It is nice to know that you found our hotel good value for money. Appreciate also your compliments to our rooms and breakfast. As for other comments, rest assured that this will be discuss with the Management so that we can improve and give better service to our guests. Please let us know when is your next visit so we can be of service to you again and hoping that you will recommend us to your family, friends and colleagues.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

FERSAL is not my original hotel of choice but I don't regret choosing it. It has all the comforts of home...it is clean, well- maintained, facilities are working, food is good, all needs are promptly met

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business