“"I left feeling so blessed"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Princesa
Bahay Kalipay Detox Retreat
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I wanted to get the whole day BK Experience two Saturdays ago but had to settle for just the afternoon because of a change in flight schedule. I got there in time for the food demo which I really appreciated. I've made cashew cheese before but Daniw's recipe is a lot more simple and her ingredients more accessible. I actually bought a kilo of raw cashews to bring home so I could start working on some dips and pasta sauces.

Having my roots in the nearby islands of Cuyo and Culion, I quickly felt at home. I was charmed by the simplicity of Bahay Kalipay and I was glad I was able to indulge in an afternoon's worth of earthing.

Lunch found me surrounded by an Argentinian yoga teacher, a German Qi Gong instructor, the resident monk, the BK teachers, folks from Australia, Malaysia, and two ladies from Manila. It was nice chatting over delicious raw vegan food.

I didn't mind my wait for my massage because I got to chat some more with the other guests and the lovely staff. I also got to play with Sinag and baby Issa who were just really amazing. The massage itself was pretty good and looking back, it prepared me for what came next.

What had the biggest impact on me was the yoga. Stripped down to what felt so authentic, my yoga experience at Bahay Kalipay ruined commercialized yoga for me forever!

We had hatha yoga at the labyrinth. All throughout the class, I was enveloped in such beautiful energy - from the trees and sunshine that came through them, the chirping birds, the beautiful sky and the light rain that came towards the end. I appreciated the teaching style of the instructor. It felt like she was really sharing a part of herself with us. I felt such a deep calm after. This state of well-being has not yet worn-off. I am able to transition to a meditative state a lot faster which is doing wonders for my prayer life.

I do wish though that we didn't have the sound of construction cutting every now and then through the peace and quiet.

My stay at Bahay Kalipay was rather short but it had a powerful effect on me. I'm going back before the year ends.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Joanne P
There are newer reviews for Bahay Kalipay Detox Retreat

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed with Bahay Kalipay for a week in October 2013. I truely enjoyed being there, because I learned so much from everyone, the staff as well as the other guests. This place is full of love, which you will notice the moment you arrive. If you're into alternative, eco-friendly, spiritual, healthy lifestyle you will certainly enjoy this place, and even if you don't you may enjoy it, because it's something different. Time to detox, de-stress, get grounded and relax. Everything was very well organized for me. I had a clear schedule what to do when and people always took care of me, as well as the cute cats in the garden :-) I hope I can go there again in future. I also miss their delicious food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Soopamario
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent two weeks at Bahay Kalipay to do the Deep Nature Cleanse and Inner Dance Energy School. I highly recommend both of these excellent programs. Being at Bahay Kalipay is an experience in itself. Because of its simplicity, I came to understand how much more connected to the earth we can live. It was interesting to notice what came up for me in the process (ie. I didn't crave coffee, which was a huge surprise to me. Also, I tried to live without toilet paper, but this was too much outside my comfort zone...) I learned a lot from both programs, and it has helped me make positive changes in my life. Daniw and Pi are absolutely some of the most genuine people I have ever met. So full of life, love, and purpose.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jet-lagged-yogi
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I took part in many different events during my 6 week stay at Bahay Kalipay! I did a detox, liver and gall bladder cleanse which was very intense and I recieved a great amount of support for it throughout and was well looked after. I also took part in energy school which could not have been better if you wish for a way to self heal and self develop! AMAZING! Raw food cheffing was great fun and I learnt so much from Daniw! Inspiring! Overall it was enjoyable and although part of my transformation made me uncomfortable I recieved all I needed to support that change! I am forever grateful to Bahay Kalipay! What a wonderful place! X

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate F
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The purpose of my stay was to experience Inner dance and to join the 7-day detox. I'm used to do detox by fasting so I was pleasantly surprised that in Bahay Kalipay, detox meant raw-food-gourmet diet and just one day of coconut fast! We actually could eat to our hearts' desires the sumptuous fresh meals prepared by Daniw and her kitchen angels, while cleansing our mind, body and soul! It was superb! I never realized raw food could be that good! The other unforgettable experience was the massage. For a massage lover like me having tried massages in different countries, this must have been my best so far! My tiny room which I shared with another participant may be too modest for my initial expectations but as I started to appreciate its simplicity, I learned to feel the beauty of the structure as it was designed to bring the guests as close to nature as possible with the impressive windowless concept. Staying here gave me a purer sense to understand what trust and abundance truly mean. And my Inner Dance experience was just mind-blowing!

Room Tip: Clarify with Daniw the kind of accommodation you wish and she wan always make the necessary arrangem...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Divina H
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I visited BK the beginning of this year. A very nice place if you are looking to relax and disconnect from the stress of big cities.
As some other reviewers mentioned it is very basic, with a lot of common areas and little privacy, away from the busy streets and close to nature. I am new to yoga and had a great experience here. The teacher was able to set the right pace for the classes.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GattoMattto
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I consider BK as a very important place for me to recharge and rejuvenate. They serve delicious energizing raw food.

Not only did I discover that I can eat very healthy could be so enjoyable! It was tasty too!

The rooms are kept nice and clean. The staff made you feel at home and location is awesome. Just a few minutes away from the beach.

If you're looking for a quiet place to detoxify and recharge and be supported by a beautiful community. This is the perfect place.

I am definitely coming back and more.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ligayadomingo
sard0r, Manager at Bahay Kalipay Detox Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

LIgaya,

Indeed the food, activities, staff and beach make Bahay Kalipay a unique and energizing experience. We are always happy to hear experiences from guests like you. We hope you come back to visit when you get the chance, and share some stories about your journey after you had left Bahay Kalipay.

Best,