“BEST PLACE IN THE CITY”

Blue Lagoon Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 185 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
“BEST PLACE IN THE CITY”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 4 days and 3 nights, place is quiet, clean, staffs are friendly, we happen to meet the owner and her family, the son and his wife even helped us with our flight bookings, very nice people 2 thumbs up to them. The foods are splendid, we had very fresh stone crabs for dinner. (buhay pa bago iluto)
Located along Rizal ave. couple of blocks from the airport, the BEST PLACE IN THE CITY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Blue Lagoon Inn & Suites and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms are quite simple, but very clean and good worth for the money you have to pay. The food is excellent and the staff is extremely nice and helpful. They helped us a lot to be able to visit the underground river, which is the main highlight in this area extremely popular, therefore it's very difficult to get in. The owner and his aunt was helping us a lot with that by calling tour agencies. On our last day the owner himself took us to the airport what I would have never expected the really went the extra mile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iistvan86
Seattle
Reviewed March 13, 2013

first time through Puerto Princesa i stayed at the Skylight Hotel which was ok but there were so many broken things in my room i decided to try something different. PROS: the Blue Lagoon is located within walking distance from the airport but 2 blocks off rizal avenue in an astonishly quiet location. i say this as the Philippines is the rooster/barking dog capital of the world and getting a quiet room is rare. lovely pool as you can see on their website. hotel seems quite new. very friendly staff at front desk. super clean rooms. a mix of villas and rooms. nice flat screen tv with good channel selection. wifi is typically slow but available in rooms. cold ac and hot water in shower with good water pressure. stocked refrigerator. nice. CONS: standard room is small and so is the bathroom. very small. one thing i'm really hacked off about is the restaurant. my first meal was breakfast. eggs and bacon. the usual filapina approach to cooking an egg is a 500 degree pan so the egg gets a nice brown ring around the edge. so be it but here, with the brown ring the egg white in the center was totally uncooked and runny. i pointed this out to the waitress and she seemed to not understand what the problem was. famished i wanted to keep the plate and eat the bacon and toast while it was hot. i asked twice for two fresh eggs to be cooked. she returned with a spoon to attempt to scrape the eggs off my plate to be recooked. i said no i wanted two fresh eggs. no deal. i said forget it and she seemed happy with that. when i got my check it was full price. not good. spending five nights here and not spending a dime in their restaurant excepting coffee in the morning. but hey, they saved on the cost of two eggs. educate your staff in proper service. require that when there is a problem at a table that a manager is notified. lose the cell phones. seems thats more of an employee priority than customer service.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BluesSeeker
Quezon City
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights.
This is one of the newest and affordable bed and breakfast/hotel in Puerto Princesa according to the locals. A standard room costs around PhP1800/night only without breakfast. Their set breakfast is also very reasonably priced (starts at PhP150.00) although nothing is so outstanding on the tastes of their foods. Other popular restaurants such as Kinabuchs, Ka Lui, etc are just walking distance from the hotel. The hotel has a nice dark blue swimming pool which is very accessible to those guests staying in the villas. The hotel also provides free internet however signal of their free wifi from our room was not really good. I suggest that you go near the pool area or the restaurant to get a better signal. Since the hotel is also very near the airport you don’t need to hurry much on your departure flight. Airport can be reached by a tricycle in less than 10 minutes from the hotel. I also noticed that there a lot of mosquitoes on this hotel so bringing a mosquito repellant lotion is really a must.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank balotski78
makati
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was hesitant at first to book this hotel, since I can't decide the difference between the standard and the villa (small). but it seems, the only difference is the villa (small) has more space but the beds are the same and its sitting beside the pool. i thought that I can always upgrade to villa small if the standard room is really bad as the reviews said it is. . when we arrived at Blue Lagoon, we were greeted with friendly smiling staffs and welcome drinks. the staff are easy to talk to and answer my questions the best they can. We can't check in yet, since our room is not yet ready, but hey, we arrived 7am! check in is not until 12 noon i think.
The place is along rizal road, nearby stores are kinabuch, kailui, balisansayaw resto, ito'ys coffee shop and souvineer shop. we rode a tricycle though, its just P40 anyways. there are two sides of the road, the one near eduardo's inn is not muddy its just a regular stonefilled road, the other side is the muddy part, the owner said that its being renovated this year, w/c is good. but there are trikes always waiting outside the blue lagoon anyways so you dont have to worry going to your destined place.

we hang out at their reception area and its just beside their resto. they kept our luggage coz we said that we will have breakfast at balinsasayaw resto. they said that we can check in as early as 11am, since the previous customers will be out soon and they can clean the room at once.

when we arrived, they showed us to our room, it was room # 15 i think, and brought our luggages as well. it was standard room, and the view... was the pool. I was suprise!, the room wasn't bad at all! simple, yet perfect!. I can't quite understand why some of the reviews says that its meant for midgets..ITS NOT! it was just perfect. it wasnt that small at all. its a good place for a good price! 1800 per night? it was a good deal! no need to upgrade for the villa. its just perfect for couples! couples only guys! if there's 3 of you and wanted an extra mattress, it will definitely not fit! you have to go for the small villa. anyways, will be doing lots of tours for the next 3 days. We have 1 big luggage and 1 big travel bagpack. we placed the luggage under the coffee table and the bag pack inside the small cabinet below the mini fridge. then we put our clothes in the cabinet and i think there's 5-10 hangers there.
basic toiletries provided, 2 towels, 2 towellets and foot towel. hot and cold shower, bidet. etc. big LCD TV hanging right infront of the bed. what I love as well is that there are 12 Sockets! w/c is perfect because I have 3 phones (including my hubbies), camera charger. every corner has a electric socket. so I can just plug in my blow dry and flat iron w/ no worries at all.

Its true that its a double bed. so its perfect to small to medium size people. w/c is why its perfect for us. the aircon is not noisy at all. maybe if you go outside. coz the villas have a much bigger aircondition so it does make noises outside only!. there's a small veranda in every room, w/ a small portable table and 1 chair, but you can always request for another chair. we always hang out there and just order some snacks, they will deliver it to your room. I love their chocolate and mango shake! I had more than few orders everyday..hahah...

about the flies and wasps. there are plants everywere! and it's puerto princessa for crying out loud, its all about the environment, so expect it. but in the room, it will only go in your room if you leave your door open or your bathroom window open! the aircon is strong and c-c-cold... :D I guess the only downside is that the blanket, its thin could've been perfect if there's at least a comforter.

Food: our package didn't include breakfast, its an option and you can just add breakfast for P150 per meal. you can chose from A-B. I love how they present their food. there was one time, when we woke up 5am coz our tour starts at 7am. the resto won't open til 6am. They will ask what time is our tour so they will adjust their schedule for you. They'd even called the cook to get in early. they let us order and they said that they will just let us know if its ready.( you have an option of eating in your room if you like) around 6:15, they knocked at our door, saying our food was ready. everything was perfect! everything is arranged and the way we wanted it.

During our 4th day, we just decided to stay at the blue lagoon since the place is really relaxing. and if we needed anything their service is doing an excellent job. We decided to take a dip in their famous blue pool, somthing happened, I thought I lost my silver earring, they really looked for it. and didn't stop, it was my bad coz its been under my pillow all along. when we were about to leave, one of the staffs approach me, she was all tired and sweating, she ask me if I have found my earrings yet, I was suprise coz its already 730pm and they are still looking for it? omg! that's how excellent their service is. btw, if you leave the key and front desk, and hang the sign on your door "clean my room" it'll be brand new again when you arrive. There's an extra charge for pillows thou, P25 it hink, I asked for 2, its cheap anyways.

eventhough the check out is only at 12 noon. they still accomodated us free of charge until 8pm. coz our flight is not until 10pm. they picked us up exactly at 8 pm, what I have requested and said our farewells to blue lagoon. will post my reviews and feedback in tripadvisor soon, so you can see the place, the pool, the service, the staff and the food. I'm really fond of posting reviews since I'm also reading reviews when I travel. eventhough this is my first review in agoda. coz i usually do direct reservation but since they charge 7% (i'm not sure) additional for credit cards, I decided to book in agoda. and it went well.

Me and my hubby really enjoyed our stay in blue lagoon and will definitely recommend and will go back again! it was a perfect choice and budgetwise as well.

It was a really pleasant two days at the Blue Lagoon. We had a lovely room immediately next to the pool which itself was exteremely clean with a relaxing jaccuzzi. The room was small and basic but very comfortable and adequate and the facilities (internet, AC, TV etc) all worked well. The staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming and gave tip top service. It was my first stay at Palawan but it was an experience i will certainly repeat on future visits and I would thoroughly recommend the Blue Lagoon

Cons: 1) thin blanket, it would be perfect if there's a comforter;
2) It would be much convenient if there's a conference phone to the reception- if we needed anything or make an order we still need to go out. and vice versa, they can just phone us if our tour has arrived. (but they will knock on your door and let you know if your tour has arrived-great effort)

Room Tip: lots of great bars and restaurants, a short walk from the hotel to the airport. get the standard roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank honeyntea
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The location is close to the airport but a little bit fare from city centre. Anyway it is a nice place to stay. The rooms are clean and located around a very nice swimming pool. The food is ok, but nothing special!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MiWu2012
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Lagoon Feb. 13-21. I was very satisfied with my stay here. The room was clean with air conditioning and television. The hotel is within relative walking distance from the city center and very close to many of Puerto's nice restaurants and bars. I was very impressed with the staff. They were friendly and professional. I was always met with a smile and a pleasant greeting. The swimming pool was great and well maintained. My one main critique is I hope they can improve the wi-fi service as it was hard to get a decent signal unless you were near the restaurant/bar. I will definitely consider staying here again when I make it back to Puerto.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family