“Bang on Quality Italian Food”
Review of La Tana Della Libellula - CLOSED

La Tana Della Libellula
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Eating here was such a welcome treat in the tropics of Asia - we were really missing quality italian food, cheese and wine, all three of which are very difficult to find a decent standard of in the Phillippines. But here it is very clear the owners - who are attentive and skilled - have made a great effort to supply authentic and DELICIOUS food! It makes a nice break from MSG laden fast food or bland unseasoned seafood found elsewhere in Palawan. Our guest house owners love it too, and they're ex New Yorkers so it must be good! You must go!

LaTanaD_13, Proprietario at La Tana Della Libellula, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Buongiorno from La Tana della Libellula Resto Caffe’! Thank you ever so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our food and experience here. Thank you also for to spent your time for to write this lovely review.
We hope that you can come and visit us again.

There are newer reviews for La Tana Della Libellula

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the best Pizza I have ever had so far in Asia.
The Cheese, the breadmass, just perfect, I felt even better than in Italy!
A big portion, so bring your friends along and a big hunger!
The Pasta was as well very good.

2  Thank Tom2377
LaTanaD_13, Owner at La Tana Della Libellula, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Buongiorno Tom!
We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your excellent feedback with tripadvisor community. We are so happy that you like so much our Pizza and Pasta. Thank you for your really nice words. We hope to see you again here in Puerto, it was a pleasure to meet you. Wish you best in your personal and business endeavors.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Real Italian restaurant. A little bit difficult to find (not exactly the easiest name to remember, nor to tell the tricycle driver), but once you have found it you're in for a treat. Went there two nights, with two children. Great food! Great menu! Great service! Nothing to complain about.

2  Thank psoderberg
LaTanaD_13, Owner at La Tana Della Libellula, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Buongiorno from La Tana della Libellula Resto Caffe’!
We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and thoughts with us. We try always to do our best. Thank you for the very nice review, and very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and eat here twice at LA TANA DELLA LIBELLULA RESTO CAFFE’. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and wish you best in your personal and business endeavors.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Okay, not really sure if I can proclaim something as an authentic Italian food. However, the restaurant being managed by a Italian couple deserves some recognition in cooking up a decent, delicious and unforgettable dining experience for us.

The servings are good for two. The pasta is al dente and the sauce is spicy. I've tasted better yogurt though. The complimentary choco-liquor shot is heaven.

If I may add one thing, we can't seem to add up the bill when we received it. A breakdown of it would be appreciate by the customers, I guess.

Dear Valued Guest, Buongiorno from La Tana della Libellula Resto Caffe’!
I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with the Trip Advisor community about your dining experience. You used lovely words to describe our food. Thank you very much. We keep your suggestion. We try to do our best ever and we are really happy that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and wish you best in your personal and business endeavors.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I live in Puerto since 1 years and I miss good food, I am REALLY glad that they opened this place. I already try most of their Pastas and Pizzas and I especially love Lasagna, Parmigiana de Melanzana and Gnocchi (comes with Blue Cheese sauce.....a specialty). For Pizza you should try "Napoli", their homemade anchovies are superb. In the Philippines is not so easy to find real and good Italian Restaurant. I underline that they make their own bread, sausages, fresh pasta, flavored liquor and cakes and all are delicious. I think that the food is the best close to Italian food that you can have here in Palawan, 10,000 kms far from Italy...

3  Thank Franz409

Dear Valued Guest, Buongiorno from La Tana della Libellula Resto Caffe’!
We are pleasant that you are coming here on regular basis and that you enjoy every time our food.
Thank you so much to continued support us.
Hope to see you soon.