“Great Staff, great location!”
Review of Holiday Suites

Holiday Suites
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Davao City, Philippines
“Great Staff, great location!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The first room I got was really small (Rm. 216 near the stairs) and the aircon was not working properly - but it was clean and the bed was comfy. On my second night, I felt suffocated and requested for transfer. They immediately accommodated my request. Kylie, the front desk officer on duty was very friendly and helpful. I was transferred to a bigger room (Rm. 211) for the same rate. Our office was able to get a discounted rate of P1,470 per night, I understand there was a promo going on during my visit.

Room 211 is bigger, it has a mini bar, with daily complimentary bottle of water and coffee, the bed is firm and comfortable, the bathroom is clean, hot and cold water is working, WIFI is not very strong sometimes but it's free so I don't complain. Their pool is really nice, too.

The free breakfast is so-so, but the restaurant cooks really good food, I had dinner there once and I was happy with the food.

The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport. Check-in/Check out is a breeze (based on my experience). Their welcome drink is good, too.

Location-wise, it's not far from the center of Puerto Princesa, in fact, it's located right in front of a big mall. There's a refreshment parlor nearby, a pharmacy and an internet cafe, too.

I commend Kylie, Agnes and Aldrin, they are the font desk officers at the time of my stay, they are very pleasant, they smile a lot, love them!

Room Tip: Get Rm. 211, it's spacious and has a big glass window (you can't open the window though)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EmyRocero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

A very budget friendly accomodation in Puerto Princesa :) Booked a family room in this hotel and we were satisfied.

-Rooms are clean and spacious. No complaints.
-Free airport shuttle service to and from the hotel
-Complementary bottled water replenished daily
-Complementary toiletries, but just the basic
-Perfect location as it is only in front of thr Robinson's Mall
-Free wifi
-Great Service
-only negative thing about this hotel is that it was still in the process of completion during our stay last June 2013 (pool was still under construction but rooms may already be used) But we totally didn't mind.

Totally recommendable. Would stay here again when I go back to Puerto Princesa :)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank WanderingBei
Manila
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Here's my pros and cons:

Pros:

1. Good location. Across is Robinsons mall where I can watch a last full show then a short 5 min walk and i'm inside my hotel room. Plus the coffee shops and grocery store. Everything I need just for 5 mins.
- shops located just beside the hotel like frotea(shakes, teas, etc)
- grocery
-drug store
-bank

2. It has a shuttle service to pick you up and drop you off the airport. For free.

3. Spacious room. I don't know about the other rooms but rm. 204 in particular is a very spacious room for a standard room. and aircon and cable tv of course. :)

4. It has a free wifi. But at times it's slow and intermittent. (so this side should be on the cons?) it's free! beggars can't be choosy! :)

5. Free breakfast. Complimentary water are replenished everyday.

6. Courteous staff which is I think "normal" for Filipinos. Filipino main trait.

Cons:

1. I stayed for 5 days and I always like my room to be cleaned/ make up everyday. I just noticed that some of my trash are still on the bin and tissue are not replaced/replenished. Though it's just a minor concern for me. I can always request for a new one.

Overall, a very nice hotel. and unless I found a new and interesting place to stay. I'll definitely going back. :)

Room Tip: I stayed at Room 204. It doesn't have a good wifi reception but it is spacious. So you decide.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank j3ffry
Sandakan
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Rooms are spacious with free WI FI. Located just opposite robinson mall. Staff are friendly. No complain. Stay here and you won't regret. Try the bubble tea located next to the hotel.

A very warm welcome as my name are placed at the reception on my arrival date. That means they pay attention to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank limjohnny
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 3, 2013

At first, the hotel would seem small, without any frills. The hotel lobby is very basic, and the internet connection, though free, is quite intermittent (especially on the left side of the hotel coming from the main road). The rates are also reasonable that we spent around Php 3,000 per night. The rooms are air-conditioned and spacious enough for 2-3 persons per room and have their own toilets, though the number of rooms is also limited. The hotel's location is quite reasonable for Robinson's Puerto Princesa Mall is just in front, and Ka Inato Restaurant is just a few minutes walk or tricycle ride to your left. The city center is a bit far from the hotel though for it took us around ten to fifteen minutes by tricycle to get to the city center. There are no taxi cabs or public utility vans in Puerto Princesa.

Overall, the hotel is great for no-frills comfort for its air-conditioned rooms and access to the Robinson's Puerto Princesa Mall and Ka Inato Restaurant. The city center though will take you a while to get to using public transportation.

Room Tip: If you want a room with good, free WiFi Internet access, based from experience, choose the rooms fac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nikkman0812
Calapan, Philippines
Reviewed February 26, 2013

when we arrived palawan last feb.18,2013,we first stay in narra which is almost 2hrs away from puerto princesa..feb19 up to feb 22 we stayed in holiday suites,at first you will not impressed with their lobby and think that this hotel is good to stay aside from the fact that a big advantage that you are just infront of robinson..But when we entered our room the aircon is perfectly cold and really need to cool down,the bathroom is ok and also the hot shower,the hallway is perfectly ok too coz you can smoke and relax by looking the view of robinson nearby...the staff are all friendly,nice and really welcomed you that much..I forgot to ask the name of the driver of their van,he is so accomodating and kind...the security guard also is very friendly...NEXT TIME I'LL VISIT PALAWAN I WILL SURELY COME BACK IN THIS HOTEL AND BRING MY KIDS HERE TOO...I WILL SURELY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO MY FRIENDS AND RELATIVES...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family