I was very surprised coming from someone whose only mantra was "the only place I would ever step foot on in Palawan are those starting with the letters A (Amanpulo) and E (EL Nido-Miniloc) which i have twice and three times respectively thank you! "
Pretty jaded to an extent... but i was wrong... dead wrong...
A small fishing town which is quite impressively spotless thanks to Mayor Hagedorn (a greening advocate and example for all) which is easy to move around with "oversized tricycles"
The friendly and centrally located Legend Hotel was over home for over 5 days for conference and some side trips. Rooms were generally clean and adequately equiped (though their rattan chairs are pretty oversized for the room and could easily be tripped on). Friendly staff everywhere who didnt differentiate the caucasian, korean and Filipino guests. Tours were quite professional (Thanks to Pam, Ariel and Roman) and enjoyable. Food and Beverage was tasty and adequate. Overall a good stay and would recommend the place should you be on corporate account.
Dont miss the Palawan Underground River (2.5 hours on rough roads and 30 mins by boat from Sabang) and Honda bay (great snorkelling and fish feeding... and much cheaper than going to El Nido and Northern Palawans posh resorts)
Be prepared for bare-foot seafood feasting at Kalui's while getting your fear factor game with the oyster tasting woodworms at nearby kinabuchi.
Puerto Princesa is just waiting in the wings to be the next it destination when youre tired of the littered and hoi-polloi of Bora but dont want to spend too much for the tony resorts up north.
p.s. they have good souvenir t-shirts of all sizes at NCCC costing around 80-115 pesos (approx 5 USD) cheaper than buying at the underground river, sabang or any other place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legend Palawan in Puerto Princesa is the premier accommodation for business and leisure travelers to the capital city.Strategically located in the heart of Puerto Pincesa, it is the ideal jump-off for various adventures not only within the city but also to the rest of the islands of Palawan. Only one kilometer from the Puerto Princesa airport as well as the seaport and just five minutes away from the city’s main commercial district.There are distinct touches to the hotel like The Lanai, a covered courtyard adjoining the open-air swimming pool. Tanglaw, the hotel coffee shop – open from 6am to 12mn daily. Atrium - a compact alley is also a popular choice for coffee and drinks.The Legend Palawan is the premier choice of local and visitors alike for family gatherings, business power-meetings, casual get-togethers and after-meal drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your The Legend Palawan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legend Hotel Puerto Princesa
- The Legend Palawan Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa