“Simply awesome for the third time around”
Review of The Legend Palawan

The Legend Palawan
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Manila
“Simply awesome for the third time around”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Arrived before noon time at this hotel from another hotel to check in. Had an early reservation for a solo pad at pads. When I was about to mention my early reservation I was kinda ecstatic upon knowing that my room was upgraded into a superior room due to fully occupied rooms in the pads. This happened once in a blue moon. I missed this hotel especially the tang law restaurant. Waiters are very accomodating. Buffet breakfast is back for good. What an amazing comeback. Truly this hotel spells a lot of difference from the rest. Welfare of their guests are of their primary concern. Likewise the staff at the front desk are so hospitable. It's really worth coming back to this hotel .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JOVITO T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was here 3 months ago, and I just have a chance to made my review. I was on deluxe room and I call the room service to ask for water and for ice. A staff named raymart answered the phone and promise to deliver it ahead, after an hour, no one is there to ring the door. I called again and he answered again the phone, again he promised to deliver the water and the same thing after an hour, no one is knocking. And I call again for the third time and I asked if there's a lot of people and he answer me no one is eating, and he is just laughing and laughing together with other stuff. I asked again if he can because I cant leave my daughters alone in the room sick. He never get the water and even I went down rushing, they were just playing around and instead of giving water they are just talking. How is that? I want him to be out of there the next time my group visited you hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann C

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Princesa hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is my second time in The Legand Hotel and will continue to stay here for my future visits to Palawan. The staff are very efficient, from the doormen, front desk, housekeeping and laundry staff. They are very friendly and accommodating, you will feel pampered!

I like the ambiance in the hotel and the food was good. Location was great as it was near all the right places. Staff facilitated our renting a van for our use the whole time we were there. We felt we were safe as staff knew the driver of the van. The hotel had a complimentary shuttle to the airport. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cesd_11
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just stayed there one night. I appreciated the kind service and the clean big room. Even if the hotel is big they take care of you. Even if is not very near the main road (Rizal Ave.), you can easily find transportation just stay 1 minute in front of the hotel and trycicle will come and pick you up.
Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice place and more upscale than many of the places around it. a bit pricer though.
Conveniently about 15 minutes by van to the airport and must try Palawan restaurants

Food is just ok but there is no breakfast buffet. just a choice of filipino or continental breakfast set.
they at least have an egg station and cereal station.

bathroom is clean and functional, just wish the water was actually hot rather than barely warm. I also liked that there is a direct access to the pool area instead of having to go through the main lobbies. Staff were friendly and accommodating so we had no complaints there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank stitch81
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Having lived on Palawan for 6 months, I can say that the Legend is one of the better values on the island. It isn't the most beautiful and the food is good but not great, but it is close to the airport and great places to eat and visit. The breakfast is good western style or Filippino, but go out for lunch and dinner. You go to Palawan to see the beauty of the island. This hotel is a great place to sleep between excursions.

• Stayed August 2012
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My cousin booked The Legend Palawan hotel for our vacation this past May. The staff greeted us with iced tea made with fresh Palawan honey - so delicious and refreshing! The lobby had nice decorations and the concierge desk was very cold and air-conditioned. My mom and I - along with the rest of our relatives - had rooms booked on the first floor. The room was clean and very cold, important when you are staying in a humid, tropical country like the Philippines. The outdoor patio and pool area were small and sparsely decorated, I didn't get a chance to actually swim in it though. Another helpful amenity - free Wi-Fi! It was really useful because my relatives and I were able to contact our family back home without paying any cellphone overages.
My family and I wholeheartedly recommend to eat at the Tanglaw restaurant on the first floor as opposed to the Salo restaurant on the fourth floor. The food and service were just overall better downstairs. Also on our last night at the hotel there was a cultural show during the dinner buffet from students at the local university of the province which was a nice touch to end our trip.
The hotel itself is located in the city proper so shops and restaurants are easily accesible via tricycle - there is the Robinson's Palawan mall which is about a 10 minute tricycle ride away and was really convenient because I ran out of shampoo. It was also helpful because my mom and cousin wanted to go back to the markets to buy foodstuffs and other souvenirs to bring back to the USA.
The tours provided by the hotel's in-house tour company (The Legend Palawan Experience) were also included in our vacation package. Overall the tours were very fun and the tour guides both helpful, knowledgeable, and accomodating. I recommend to do the Island hopping and snorkeling tour as well as the Underground River tour. The city tour was also very interesting, but hard to deal with because it was very hot and there was more walking involved compared to the other 2 tours. The tour guide for the latter part of our tours, Echo, even offered to take pictures for me when we were snorkeling which came out amazing. (I would not know how to do it myself!)
We also had a free airport transfer both ways which was quick and painless. But, travel light and be prepared because departing from Puerto Princesa is a hassle since the airport is so tiny.
I would stay at this hotel again since it is so centrally located in town, but I might try and venture out to some remote locations on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family