“Excellent hospitality, great place to stay.”
Review of The Legend Palawan

The Legend Palawan
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in The Legend Palawan between the 16 to the 19th of feb 2013.
First a big thank you to all the staff always very friendly, helpful and polite.

My plane was an hour late and my pick up from the hotel was still waiting for me :) what a good surprise... Since this was my first time in the Philippines.

I stayed in a small room 7 squared meter but for me was big enough since I don't spend too much time in the room. So for me it was perfect. And the staff pointed it out again if that was ok or if i wanted an upgrade to a bigger room. The only downside of the hotel is that the doors are a bit thin and I could hear the tricycles back and forth. But I guess you'd hear them anywhere in town.

The staff at the reception was super friendly. In PP, you have to book (preferably) in all the restaurants in town and they were happy to arrange all my reservations :)

The beauty around here is that of an unspoiled nature.. For that I loved PP! Very refreshing.

The hotel is very central and I felt very safe walking around and riding the tricycles :)

Congratulations TLP!! Great job!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Ka W

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Clean hotel and in basically the center of town. We arrived around noon, were told check-in time was 2pm so we hung-out in the lobby which had wi-fi so we made good use of our time. We were able to get our room earlier, though. Breakfast was included in the price. Its not a buffet breakfast. You have a choice between a Filipino or Western breakfast which they seemed to have portioned out earlier so the food is not really hot; barely warm as a matter of fact. The rooms are clean; comfortable bed. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We were scheduled to go island-hopping on our departure day; had to check-out before we left for the tour. They kept our luggage in storage and when we got back, they gave us towels, soap, etc... and access to shower and clean up before heading for the airport. A-1 service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank floRDMichigan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

For a long time, my wife and I have always wanted to visit and see the famous underground river in palawan so we contacted our travel agent to arrange a tour for us. We were booked at The Legend Hotel. On arrival, we were a little bit dismayed because the room we were booked on was so small and you can hardly moved. Worst is that it is beside the pool and it is quite noisy. So we decided to transfer to another room. The staff at the front desk was very accommodating and wasted no time in checking for any available rooms. At last we were given a room at the third floor. This time is was spacious with a king size bed. The room was clean and complete with all the amenities to enjoy a pleasant stay. The toilet & bath was also clean and spacious. I don't need to say more. This hotel is fantastic. The hotel is located in the center of the city. Walking distance to their famous souvenir shops. I can say that the staff of this hotel are all helpful, friendly and very reliable. On the day of our tour to the underground river, we have to leave early before the restaurant opens. The restaurant staff served us breakfast even before they open. This gesture we will not forget. The front desk also made a reservation for us in one of the famous restaurant in puerto princesa. A shuttle was also arranged for us to the airport when i have to rebook our flight back to manila because we have to extend another day. To sum it up, the hotel staff made sure that our stay in their hotel was pleasant and enjoyable. Thanks a lot guys.... Keep up the good work......

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank serjt-las-pinas
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the legend hotel palawan in January 2013 for 5 days, Servis from the staff was excellent ( specially in the restaurant ) food was ok also. Regarding room size our room was clean and spacious, so maybe its just a case of you get what you pay for, we have stayed in a lot worse for the £45 a night cost of the legend. So to sum up,, very good value for money hotel in the beautiful town of puerto princesa

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank kennedyboy
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is fantastically located in the centre of Puerto Princesa. It is so close to the airport that it feels walkable. The staff are friendly and the service in the restaurant is welcoming and efficient. However, this hotel is very hit and miss. Before we arrived, we checked to confirm if everything was ok. We were told that our booking was not confirmed. We were frantic as the booking was already paid for in advance. We also asked about the tour to the underground river but were given varying prices. We ended up getting the tour elsewhere which was a lot cheaper. I was at the pool one day feeling thirsty hence ordered refreshments. I was told that I could not charge this to my hotel room therefore, I had to go back to my room, soaking wet, to get some cash. What a palava! I thought this is basic to hotel services. The most irritating thing was, after spending a long time writing several postcards, we paid for the stamps and we handed them to the the receptionist who promised to post them for us. We left last November 2012, it is now almost February 2013, yet none of our friends and family received any of the postcards.
I received a letter apologising for the delayed post card. The point was obviously missed as I already mentioned that they never arrived.
On a positive note, they have changed their policy regarding charging refreshements at the pool to the room numbers. That's what I was informed anyway.
I'm not sure if I would recommend this hotel again but I would probably try another next time.
By the way, do not book a twin bed room. They are extremely small.

Room Tip: The single rooms and twin rooms are tiny. Can feel claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marcelodelpilar
Reviewed January 10, 2013

When I saw the solo room at Legend Hotel on their website, I thought I wouldn't mind staying at a 10-sqm room with basic amenities (I paid PhP1,400 for the room, with set breakfast). When I got to see the room finally, a day after booking it online, I thought I'd developed claustrophobia. The room was so small, I didn't know where to put my 10-kg luggage, my backpack and camera bag. They all ended up on the floor, and I had to skip so I can pass through them on the way to the toilet, which has no door.

As soon as I got all my stuff inside the room, I immediately took a tricycle to try to find a better hotel. I went to gohotels (I saw their ads on inflight magazine of the plane I took to Palawan) and inquired about their rooms and rates. I was surprised to find out that I can get a 22-sqm room with a queen-size bed for PhP1,500 (but no breakfast). I endured one night at that very tiny room at Legend hotel, but I transferred to gohotels and the rest of my stay at Palawan went well.

Room Tip: Just look for other hotels which can give you value for money.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank eloyab
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I posted a review for this hotel previously, and I’m posting it again since there were a few things that happened after that I should address.

Service was very good, staff is good and we were allowed to check in later, although they deactivate the cards and we had to go to reception to get them activate again.
Breakfast was very good, the Filipino one, don’t bother with the American.
Make sure you know the room you are booking since the standard one is extremely small and with no much space to move around.
I found cheaper tours with other agencies but check with them first they have a good service.

And this is what made me change my review, we posted some postcards in different days, they told us to leave the postcards in reception and just give them the money for the stamps that they would post them. This was at the beginning of November and none of the postcards, more than 10, has arrived. I tried to contact the hotel to enquiry about this but I haven’t received any response yet which I find very bad customer service.

Overall I don’t think I will go back there, for the price we paid we will expect a much better service than what we got.

Room Tip: Don't get the standard room, go for the superior one
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends