“Beautiful people ”
Review of Hotel Fleuris

Hotel Fleuris
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The most helpful staff I have come across travelling in Asia (I have travelled many places)

Welcome drink was tasty.

Rooms are very clean, with fan, aircon, sky TV and fridge.

Bathroom is very bright, clean and has everything you need for a comfortable stay.

The free breakfast is cooked fresh at your order (very good)

They also provide free transport to and from the airport.

I would defiantly recommend people to stay here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie M

Reviewed December 20, 2013

this hotel is located in the hearth of the city 5 minutes walk to main city me and my girlfriend arrive at puerto princesa airport and we arrange a pick upon reservation, driver was waiting outside the arrival area with the sign bearing your name. and with a logo of Fleuris hotel so you really connot miss your pick up. (Joel) run to us when we were approaching him and tried to help us with our bags. such a real gentleman.
10 mins away drive from airport to hotel upon arrival security open up the car door and waiters with a welcome drink cold ice tea on a hot morning.
reception was nice upon checkin in porters send the bag up in the room upon confirming our room number.
lovely room spacious we had king bed aircon works well, clean toilet, minibar was perfect,
after arriving 10 am lucky our room is ready we had to drop off the bags and head out for brunch at balinsasayaw restaurant which is 5 mins away .top notch restaurant tho.
we had a city tour can be arrange in the reception was fun took us up to 5 hours of tour for 600 pesos per person so cheap for such a lovely city tour . after tour we have been recomemded at
Kalui restaurant which is my guess the best and cheap restaurant for a romantic dinner.
after that 3 mins away by a tricycle ride to TIKI Bar live band good food good beers.
my only suggestion is if you wanna do an underground river cruise might as well book it early with the lovely helpfull reception staff. cost of river cruise was 1500 pesos per person with a buffet lunch included by the wharf.
the another good thing about this hotel is when we checked out at 2pm i left my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 in the room quickly the house keeper run down to reception and returned my phone.
overall : helpfull staff honest clean rooms convenient location , free shuttle to and from the airport. will definitely coming back when we visit palawan in the future.
and recomending it to our friends already.
thanks once again for such a wonderfull stay fleuris hotel you guys are the best.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This established city hotel has recently been upgraded and provides sensibly priced accommodation in a most convenient central location.
My corner suite was well designed and very comfortable, good bed, desk and sofa, the bathroom though well equipped was small and they could have pinched a little room space to enlarge this.
The internet worked well in the room, breakfast was okay, lunchtime snacks very good, the hotel was clean and efficiently run by the very charming and helpful staff.
The pool area is rather depressing and could do with some better screening from the driveway.
Overall a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The corner suite rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PutneySW
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Be aware looks can be very deceiving. I've stayed at Deep Forest for the last two travels I have had to Puerto Princesa, my partner and I decided on a lavish more top notch place to spend our last couple of days just to hang out in the hotel and enjoy what it has to offer. Two nights in Hotel Fleuris equates to 6 nights in Deep Forest. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by the reception and given a 'welcome drink'... we thought was an outstanding customer service, that ended there and then. The 'welcome drink' sent me to the hospital for food poisoning. Also after returning from a night out we came to the front reception having to help ourselves to our hotel key. The guard was no where to be found and there was no one at the front reception. In which in worst scenario someone can easily come in and taken our hotel key from the front reception in which was the only one left hanging and gone inside our room... Poor security. Not only that, after suffering from food poisoning came in to their restaurant to have our complimentary breakfast, the food looked terrible and asked if I can change it to a simple continental breakfast from American breakfast and the waiter advised me that I needed to pay 200 pesos. The staff were unfriendly and found them unreliable, the waiters at the restaurant were like dumb and dumber... just provided everything on our table water, orange juice and coffee... without asking, after suffering food poisoning did not want to take a chance on their menu. The swimming was nothing like the pictures on Booking.com. The air con was poor and didn't work to our satisfaction. Will never stay here again, very over priced for little in return and be aware of what they so called 'welcome drink' always ask the ingredients before consuming it. Check out Deep Forest Inn... staff are helpful and the restaurant there is absolutely to die for although might be a little pricey overall its value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank ScorpioJ24
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was booked in another hotel (which turned out to be 4 hours drive from PPC) so at the Puerto Princesa Airport, we scanned the hotels for reservation. Hotel Fleuris came up. I called the hotel and asked if they have a shuttle to pick up. I was told the drive might be on lunch break but no worry, the staff said I could get a van and the Hotel will pick up the tab! Good point No. 1.
Upon arrival, I was told that they have a promo going and would be given the lowest fare available for our stay. Good point No. 2. The room was clean, and rivals any other comparable hotel in Singapore and the king size bed was comfy I wish I could take it home. Good point no. 3. Since this was our first visit to Puerto Princesa - and Palawan - I wanted to get the most reasonable local tour package. AJI Tours, an affiliate of the hotel was just downstairs and Regina Favila, Marketing Manager was very helpful in planning our trips. Good point no. 4. The tour drive and guide were both pleasant and knowledgeable of the place, helpful for first timers like us and the trip to Bakers Hill was a treat. We stayed for 3 nights and wished we could stay more, except that we had to go. It would be nice if the hotel has facilities for disabled since I did not see an elevator The pool was clean and blue I decided to stay for sometime till my fingers crinkled. Good point No.5. Hotel Fleuris is about a 100 meters from the main road, Rizal Avenue, but tricycles are aplenty if you do not have walking shoes. Definitely a return visit is in order.

Room Tip: By the time you book a room later this year, the West Wing (sounds presidential doesn't it?) sho...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank crispin a
Reviewed June 3, 2013

While the hotel itself is clean and homey, the dated design and dimly-lit facilities do need a facelift. Good thing you can ignore this because of the efficient and very friendly staff.

The mattresses on the bed too need an upgrade as they are a bit on the thin side.

The Japanese restaurant where we had our first day lunch serves decent food though if you have the energy and time, you'd rather sample Puerto Princesa's noted restaurants. Breakfast is served as a set meal and not as buffet. Unfortunately, it's the same tapa, tocino, hotdog, corned beef combination you'll see anywhere else in the Philippines. I wish the hotels (not just Fleuris) would make an effort to serve fresh seafood and other native Puerto Princesa / Palawan delicacies.

The hotel does have a pool but if you have privacy issues, skip it since it is just beside the driveway and parking area, covered by a row of potted plants.

Still, Hotel Fleuris still gives you good value, because of the aforementioned excellent service, clean surroundings and central location. The airport is just a 5 minute ride from the complimentary shuttle van. Restaurants like Balinsasayaw is just a short walk while notables like KaLui and Kinabuch's are just a short tricycle ride away. Fastfood chains like Chowking are also near the area. Hotel Centro, a comparable but more modern hotel, is far from the center (but just across a Robinson's Mall).

If you have to be a the Puerto Princesa center, Hotel Fleuris is an okay choice. If you want to be in newer accomodations, Empire Suites is a few meters across the street. But if you want friendly service and do not mind the rather dated structure, go for Hotel Fleuris.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This used to be one of the better hotels in town. Good location. Clean comfortable rooms, reasonably good service. But there are now more choices and it seems like the competition is winning. It is also in need of a renovation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business