“A Pleasing Hotel.”

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
London, United Kingdom
“A Pleasing Hotel.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This established city hotel has recently been upgraded and provides sensibly priced accommodation in a most convenient central location.
My corner suite was well designed and very comfortable, good bed, desk and sofa, the bathroom though well equipped was small and they could have pinched a little room space to enlarge this.
The internet worked well in the room, breakfast was okay, lunchtime snacks very good, the hotel was clean and efficiently run by the very charming and helpful staff.
The pool area is rather depressing and could do with some better screening from the driveway.
Overall a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The corner suite rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PutneySW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Be aware looks can be very deceiving. I've stayed at Deep Forest for the last two travels I have had to Puerto Princesa, my partner and I decided on a lavish more top notch place to spend our last couple of days just to hang out in the hotel and enjoy what it has to offer. Two nights in Hotel Fleuris equates to 6 nights in Deep Forest. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by the reception and given a 'welcome drink'... we thought was an outstanding customer service, that ended there and then. The 'welcome drink' sent me to the hospital for food poisoning. Also after returning from a night out we came to the front reception having to help ourselves to our hotel key. The guard was no where to be found and there was no one at the front reception. In which in worst scenario someone can easily come in and taken our hotel key from the front reception in which was the only one left hanging and gone inside our room... Poor security. Not only that, after suffering from food poisoning came in to their restaurant to have our complimentary breakfast, the food looked terrible and asked if I can change it to a simple continental breakfast from American breakfast and the waiter advised me that I needed to pay 200 pesos. The staff were unfriendly and found them unreliable, the waiters at the restaurant were like dumb and dumber... just provided everything on our table water, orange juice and coffee... without asking, after suffering food poisoning did not want to take a chance on their menu. The swimming was nothing like the pictures on Booking.com. The air con was poor and didn't work to our satisfaction. Will never stay here again, very over priced for little in return and be aware of what they so called 'welcome drink' always ask the ingredients before consuming it. Check out Deep Forest Inn... staff are helpful and the restaurant there is absolutely to die for although might be a little pricey overall its value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank ScorpioJ24
Manila
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was booked in another hotel (which turned out to be 4 hours drive from PPC) so at the Puerto Princesa Airport, we scanned the hotels for reservation. Hotel Fleuris came up. I called the hotel and asked if they have a shuttle to pick up. I was told the drive might be on lunch break but no worry, the staff said I could get a van and the Hotel will pick up the tab! Good point No. 1.
Upon arrival, I was told that they have a promo going and would be given the lowest fare available for our stay. Good point No. 2. The room was clean, and rivals any other comparable hotel in Singapore and the king size bed was comfy I wish I could take it home. Good point no. 3. Since this was our first visit to Puerto Princesa - and Palawan - I wanted to get the most reasonable local tour package. AJI Tours, an affiliate of the hotel was just downstairs and Regina Favila, Marketing Manager was very helpful in planning our trips. Good point no. 4. The tour drive and guide were both pleasant and knowledgeable of the place, helpful for first timers like us and the trip to Bakers Hill was a treat. We stayed for 3 nights and wished we could stay more, except that we had to go. It would be nice if the hotel has facilities for disabled since I did not see an elevator The pool was clean and blue I decided to stay for sometime till my fingers crinkled. Good point No.5. Hotel Fleuris is about a 100 meters from the main road, Rizal Avenue, but tricycles are aplenty if you do not have walking shoes. Definitely a return visit is in order.

Room Tip: By the time you book a room later this year, the West Wing (sounds presidential doesn't it?) sho...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank crispin a
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed June 3, 2013

While the hotel itself is clean and homey, the dated design and dimly-lit facilities do need a facelift. Good thing you can ignore this because of the efficient and very friendly staff.

The mattresses on the bed too need an upgrade as they are a bit on the thin side.

The Japanese restaurant where we had our first day lunch serves decent food though if you have the energy and time, you'd rather sample Puerto Princesa's noted restaurants. Breakfast is served as a set meal and not as buffet. Unfortunately, it's the same tapa, tocino, hotdog, corned beef combination you'll see anywhere else in the Philippines. I wish the hotels (not just Fleuris) would make an effort to serve fresh seafood and other native Puerto Princesa / Palawan delicacies.

The hotel does have a pool but if you have privacy issues, skip it since it is just beside the driveway and parking area, covered by a row of potted plants.

Still, Hotel Fleuris still gives you good value, because of the aforementioned excellent service, clean surroundings and central location. The airport is just a 5 minute ride from the complimentary shuttle van. Restaurants like Balinsasayaw is just a short walk while notables like KaLui and Kinabuch's are just a short tricycle ride away. Fastfood chains like Chowking are also near the area. Hotel Centro, a comparable but more modern hotel, is far from the center (but just across a Robinson's Mall).

If you have to be a the Puerto Princesa center, Hotel Fleuris is an okay choice. If you want to be in newer accomodations, Empire Suites is a few meters across the street. But if you want friendly service and do not mind the rather dated structure, go for Hotel Fleuris.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Las Pinas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This used to be one of the better hotels in town. Good location. Clean comfortable rooms, reasonably good service. But there are now more choices and it seems like the competition is winning. It is also in need of a renovation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We normally go back home every other year and I noticed that there are so many new Hotels in Puerto Princesa, but only Hotel Fleuris could make us feel like we're just at home. I think no Hotel in Puerto could compare to this Hotel. Bed is also very comfy!!!
The staff are most friendly, very accomodating, very polite and etc. Location is also great! tho it's in the City Center it's relatively quiet.

The Children always look Forward going back in this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MyleneKern
Cavite
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have always been a practical traveler, I dont book in fancy 5 star hotels when my family and I are on vacation the reason being is we don t stay that much in our hotel as we spend most of our waking hours touring our destination.
After being brushed off by the manager of Deep Forest Hotel who by the way was the rudest manager of a hotel I ever talked to, I called Hotel Fleuris and made a reservation. From the moment I spoke with their reservations personnel, Jeralyn and Randy, I knew that service in this hotel would be great. They assisted me in booking for the Underground River Tour which should be booked one month in advance and really gave us a good travel agency.
Upon arrival, our flight was delayed since its the Holy Week, we were picked up at the airport and was checked in with out any hassle. One drawback during our stay was the renovation being done with the hotel.
The following day, we asked their assistance to book us a slot at KaLui Restaurant which is about 2 km. away or Php40 tricycle ride from Fleuris. We asked for a van rental to take us to Mount Calvary and we were promptly assisted, it costs Php1,500 for 4 hours so we toured the city.
The front desk especially Irish was really accommodating and helpful, one of the good reasons to stay in this hotel. Another reason is the proximity to the Tiangge Tiangge or souvenir shop, other fast food and good restaurants which are all walking distance from the hotel. Their piano bar which is located in the second floor is also good, affordable prices of drinks, prompt service by their bar tender, wifi signal and a piano player who could grant your every song request.
The food in their restaurant We Be is great, good sushi and pancit bihon. Although their pool is small and somethings need to be improved like their wifi signal I would highly recommend this hotel for practical travelers like myself;
A Tip for those wanting to be practical on their tours... mind you an Underground River Tour cost about Php1,500 per head, city tour Php 900 per head and Island Hopping tour Php1,300/head. I met Robin who became our tour guide during the city tour and he arranged our Island hopping tour we were 5 in the group and instead of paying Php6,500 our total cost for that tour was around Php5,000. You can contact him at this number +639169700859. He could also lower your expense at the underground river tour and el nido tour.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family