“Thanks to the overwhelmingly caring staff!”

Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Dos Palmas was wonderful! Me and my wife really enjoyed the trip with all the caring staff ...from Vince who showed us the place when we came, to Mike, Abi, Vince, Brian of the restaurant and to Harold who never ran out of stories about the place, thank you so much! You'll usually see reviews of Dos Palmas complaining about facilities being old and the rooms on stilts not available. Well, it is because they are renovating for OUR safety. The bridge and the floating housing is not safe anymore thus they are building another one. Those people maybe are just day tourists - paying less but expecting so much! Dos Palmas, amidst all the infamous events stands out as the best island resort me and my wife have been to. The rooms are so big, the view is breathtaking and their snorkeling staff - Victor - was so helpful and supportive of everything we needed. Thank you Dos Palmas! We will be back next month...this time with the kids to visit your amazing coral reef - Helen's Garden.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Levelalpha
There are newer reviews for Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Dos Palmas is a first class resort. This is the perfect place to unwind. Skip Hawaii if you want to avoid the crowds and find pristine beaches.
The best snorkeling is 100 meters off the beach. I saw lionfish and large sea turtles every day. I suggest you kayak around the entire island.
I’m demanding and typically stay at Mandarin Oriental hotels, aside from the dining options Dos Palmas is of equivalent 5 star standard. In my opinion the food was excellent but the menu was limited if you only eat western style food. This is a very remote island so enjoy the fresh fish, coconuts and san miguel beer.

Hope to return soon but its a 30+ hour journey from NYC so might be awhile!

Room Tip: If the staff says no just keep asking unitl you get right answer. I needed a special boat transfer t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jeffatsea215
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This resort is on a naturally beautiful island with good white beaches. When we first visited 8 years ago, it was every bit a paradise. Beautiful nature, ample good beaches, first class facilities, good food and service. We visited again last year only to find that facilities were in need of maintenance and upgrade. The water cottages were in fact closed at that time for renovation. Our rooms were clean enough and in acceptable state, but frankly, this was not the posh Dos Palmas of our memories years earlier. Still the kids had a great time. Plenty to do around the island and we went on an island hopping tour. This was the other sad part for me. Many of the charming little sand bars that were scattered all around 8 years ago were gone. It brought home to me that the sea level really wasn't the same and/or the sand bars had eroded. I remember they zipped us off in a speed boat for a private lunch for 2 on a sandbar the first time around that felt like a private paradise. We went back but the place just wasn't the same anymore. It felt smaller and the sand just felt shallower under your feet somehow. It wasn't anymore pristine. Overall, having seen other beaches in other parts of the world, I feel we're spoilt for choice here in the Philippines. Dos Palmas I'm pretty sure would still feel like heaven to most tourists, and in fact it really is a wonderful island getaway. It's just that we've so many other new and wonderful places now. The Philippines is truly blessed this way.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hav4wannatravel
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Forget boracay. If you're looking for a real white sand beach, dos palmas has it. In fact, its been my yardstick of white beaches. Went here with the wife way back and I'm still dreaming of coming back. If only the place has gotten more expensive to stay in even for a daytrip. Immaculate white sand beaches with all sorts of coral creatures guests can encounter while swimming near shore. Went for a bit of an adventure for myself here where I kayaked (a plastic inflatable actually) around the island in a few minutes. Quite tiny then you might say but inside the island its quite sizable with all the detached guest houses, cabanas, swimming pool and activity areas. We had buffets during our stay and all I can say is that its been the best seafood buffet I have been served since. Its also just a short trip from Puerto Princesa. If you've got a pretty budget for an above average stay to boracay and you'd want peace and quiet instead, Dos Palmas is a great alternative.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank techienomad
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Beautiful place to get away and unwind. Went on a package tour which included 2 nights at the resort.. First stop off the plane, we headed to one of the attractions which was a trip to prison where the prisoners were allowed to roam free. Interesting but not worth time, seemed like they just wanted to sell souvenirs.

Then off the the resort, about a 45 minute ride to the resort by boat. Then we hear music as we approach the island and see a very welcoming band and hostesses with drinks waiting for us. Very welcoming.

We were given a bungalow right on top of the water, very serene. The food was always fresh and delicious. A quick tip, the fruit shakes are not included in the food meal, and waiters lead you to believe that it is, and we were stuck with a hefty fruit shake bill at the end, (had a party of about 16 people)

Overall a getaway that is enjoyable, hope to do it again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crispin G
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went on an overnight stay at this resort together with our entire company (a hundred staff). At first we were so excited about the trip. This resort is very famous due to many infamous happenings in its history such as the Abus Sayaff kidnapping of the resort guests in early 2000 and a very famous Filipino actor was said to have committed suicide (?) in one of the villas here. Also, this resort, being in Palawan is known as one of the best. That was before...

Now, the resort is showing its wear and tear. When you come to its own resort port, You will pass by the ocean villas, (rooms on top of the clear blue sea) but I heard that it has not been operational for quite some time. Food was so so. Our room was big and very comfortable. Water was unfortunately very salty so when you shower, soap and shampoo will be difficult to remove, I enjoyed the swimming pool though, and would love to dip again sometime soon.

Anyway,despite all of these negative comments that can be easily enhanced via a major renovation, the Island still offers breath taking views and very clean and blue water. Indeed, this place can be great again! Investors please!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank crispypata
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We went here early Feb 2012 and I just really loved everything about this place. I love the staff, the place and the food. I liked every single meal they served us. Considering that our package was full board, their servings were very generous. I was truly impressed with their staff as they were well-trained, friendly and helpful. A great place + good company = PERFECT VACATION!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shar1130f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Princesa
Princesa Garden Island Resort & Spa
Princesa Garden Island Resort & ...
#9 of 51 in Puerto Princesa
Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
El Nido Resorts Lagen Island
El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island
Astoria Palawan
Astoria Palawan
#11 of 51 in Puerto Princesa
Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa
Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princ...
#5 of 51 in Puerto Princesa

Been to Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!