“OK while waiting for your Flight Out”

Palawan Special Battalion WW2 Memorial Museum
Reviewed April 26, 2014

A small personal war memorabilia collection that the owner has very generously shared with the public. It is located nearby the airport so if you have already done your souvenir shopping and just want to see a bit more before you go, this can be a good place. Just a quick trike ride from airport. You would have to find a good trike driver to haggle with though.

Good for history buffs, can be interesting for little boys. Highlight for my boy is the authentic US war jeep.

Be wary of the mosquitoes though. The place has plenty of it too.

At first, there was an entrance fee. But last I dropped by, there was only a donation box.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The WW2 Memorial Museum features the private collection of one of the major members in said WWII battalion and one of the most prominent political families in Puerto Princesa City.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Admiral Buddy Mendoza has put together an amazing museum in a short time. If you are interested in history of Palawan, or of WWII, you better get down here and let him show you around...

...and he will. He loves to show you the exhibits and to tell you all kinds of information.

We especially appreciated how his displays focus on the PEOPLE rather than just the events. As we scanned the wall-sized posters, full of the names of war heroes, we saw familiar surnames, the grandfathers and great-uncles of all our Puerto Princesa friends.

Go. Learn. Appreciate what history can teach you.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Although I wasn't born yet when the war broke out, my dad fought in the WW2 as well so i got some knowledge from him aside from the history books.
Looking at the actual materials they used in the war has reawakened the love for my birth country the Philippines. You can never imagine enough how lucky we are today and for that we have to thanks the older generations who had lost their lives to have our own

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I don't think you can properly understand Palawan unless you understand at least some of its WW2 History. In this museum I was not only fascinated to see some genuine, and perhaps very rare, relics from the Second World War, but also to read from a wealth of information on the subject. This museum was pretty close to the airport (3 minutes by motorised tricycle) so was also the perfect place to spend time before my flight. Reading about the Palawan Massacre was amazing - I think it is incredible that as many as 11 American POWs could actually have survived!!! Got to this museum to find out how they got away from being drenched in gasoline and set on fire by the Japanese...incredible. And this story shows that Palawan is also as bleak and dangerous a place as it is beautiful.