“Interesting oasis of recent Palawan history”

Palawan Special Battalion WW2 Memorial Museum
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The owner and operator, Buddy Mendoza, is a collector and he has shared his collection of military "toys" with the public.

1  Thank Alex P
There are newer reviews for Palawan Special Battalion WW2 Memorial Museum

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The museum is just a small place but it contained a lot of items which are so educational and so historical. I congratulate the Mendoza family for preserving the WW2 items and for sharing it to the public to see.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

EVen though it is small I would still recommend folk visit this place. The displays are basic but good. Staff were very friendly. So much interesting paraphenalia to see. Liked sitting the Jeep and being able to dress up. Well presented.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place should be part of the city tour! For me, as a WW2 freak, it was a wonderful experience. They have loads of pictures and parafernalia from the WW2. The entry is fairly inexpensive and totally worth it (25php if memory serves me right).

I learned a lot during my visit, the stories of loads of forgotten heroes of those days are waiting there to be revealed. I was truly blessed as the founder of the museum himself (Buddy Mendoza) toured us around and he was full of thrilling stories.

I loved it so much that I shortly returned with my girlfriend so she could check it out, but Buddy was gone, and instead a -let's say it- less experienced tour guide toured us around.

Nonetheless go check it out, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We took a tricycle from our hotel and the driver was kind enough to wait for us without our asking him to do so. Good thing as getting a ride back was difficult .

This small museum is indeed a labor of love and worth while to visit .
A visit to the Cuartel would add spice to the WW2 history of Palwan.