“Well organized”

Ranked #68 of 183 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Philippines
“Well organized”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at Villa Saturnina for a couple of days and it turned out to be the perfect choice for us. The itinerary was well organized (they took care of our tour reservations) and we were constantly given updates by the owner. The staff was also very helpful, and made our stay very comfortable. It felt like we had personal assistants who are willing to assist us whenever we needed help.

Definitely a good choice for travelers looking for personalized service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kris D
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Kris,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am glad that you consider Villa Saturnina as the perfect choice for your vacation. I will also make sure that the staff knows that you appreciated their assistance during their stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

From the airport to the scenic views of Puerto Princesa, personalized service highlighted our group's bonding reunion of ten.

Special requests for serving food we fancy from the local market in Honda Bay were granted with pleasure.

Choices of places to see from the hotel's itinerary program were sufficient to taste, see, and create memories that will last a lifetime.

As we were the only guests during our stay, further attention to detail made our vacation as royal as it can be.

In addition, the in house massage therapist is a must to try and relax aching muscles from the sight seeing and delicious eating throughout the 4 days of fun. As we are all young seniors, the extra patience given us is greatly appreciated.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank corasal29
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Ms Cora

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing us for your Puerto Princesa vacation. It was a pleasure having your group with us, and I personally learned a lot from you and the rest of the gang.
zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was a view nights in this great hotel Villa Saturnina near honda bay.
During January 2014, and for sure it was not my last time.
The rooms are clean, with hot water and a very nice restaurant.
The staff will help you out if you ask.
it's a really familiar place!

• Stayed January 2014
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear hotelchr,

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure having you at our inn. :)
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were fetched at the airport.i think after 30mins we already arrived at villa saturnina. Upon entering.the place is shaded with trees. Delicious food were served. Infront of villa saturnina is the chinee temple.and road to villa is entry to Honda bay..very affordable is villa saturnina
Owner also offers GOLDEN FRIENDSHIP to their guests. To mr.sam narrazid,the young handsome owmer MABUHAY ang Villa Saturnina

• Stayed January 2014
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear ttsada,

Thank you for the kind words. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at villa saturnina. Comments like this really make our efforts worthwhile. See you again soon ;)
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

try the saturnina villa at brgy lourdes and savor flipino hospitality at its mostest. the rooms r wide enough,,,the bldg is covered w/ trees .it s located across a budhist temple and a vietnam villge is a 20-minute walkgoing to the wharf at honda bay ., u can try island-hopping or firefly-watching at the bay. the place is homey and the typicalflipino hospitality is excellent .wish future travellers could try this place and be fully satisfied .....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Ricarte N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review of our place. I'm glad you found it worth mentioning that the VietVille restaurant is just a few minutes walk away, and the honda bay wharf is just at the end of the road (2-3 minute drive).

Comments like these fuel our deisre to serve our customers even better.
Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I really do not like to write this review. But since I base most of my bookings on reviews of other that share their experience on tripadvisor, is it important to write a correct review..

This was around Christmas time, and my experince from be at hotels in holidays time, is to stay in a smaller hotel, where you normally become more intime with either or both the owners and other guest. As I had experienced in staying in small hotels in Cuba and Dominican republic before in holidays time..But I was so wrong..
Well, I can not really blame this on the owners, since their do not have any oblications to be involded with their guest.

Sam and his brother pick us up at another hotel in Puerto Prinecsa.
On the way to the hotel aound 30 minutts drive from the city, was I ask if we wanted any of this trips, also visit a good restaurant and massage and motocycle rent too. Sorry, no interrested..
We come to this hotel and found out we was the only guest there..Last two day come it some other Philippines, we did not see so much too.

As said in title, this place is in middle of nowhere.. You will live in a neighboorhod with a lot local Philippines. Only nice was a buddist temple just across their hotel..There is one restaurant in this area, a Viet nam restaurant in the Vietnamise village, you either walk 30 minutts or take a trix..The neighboor store had a trix driver that we cuold use..Very important that you agree about that he pick you up too, since it is difficult to find a avaible trix on the road.. Robinson mall is a 20 minutts trix ride away, 300 peso to and back. A simple Philippine breakfast was included in the hotel price.

First day make the hotel a dinner for us, that we paid in advance 500 peso. A big fish with rice and few tomatos..But 24 and 25 December was the Vietname restaurant closed, we barely see the owners the second and third day, so we talked with the nice young helpers and one of them took a trix with me girlfriend to a market little far away, where she bought two crab, shrimps, squid and two chicken legs, for a very good price, and the hotel the made us a dinners for free, the father is a very good cook and he also gave us free dessert and put some small shrimps in our dinner the second day..

The room is nice, except I would had change the low sofa, that could also be a extra bed, with a desk and a chair. The madrass could be bigger, Television on the wall was to little and bad colors.. many channels.. Good aircon. But the bathroom was great, except no shower curtains as in many other hotels.. The shower was very good and you could choose very hot water..
But their Wifi is a joke, I could barely only get facebook , nothing else, But they let my use their smart telephone wifi line two times, that was much better, so I could pay some important internet payments..
And this hotel do not sell any beverage, but it is stores close, open to 8.pm.

Since we live in this country are we not typical tourists, so if you do not want to be away at trips every day or you have a motorcycle or car, is this a very boring and not interresting place to stay..And also sometimes little difficult to get food and dinner.. That is why I could only give this hotel 3 stars.

I have some problems to understand why they choose to open up a hotel in this place, in the middle of nowhere.. I hope they will sucess. The owners and helpers are nice and helpfull, but then they need to be more involde and more presents with their guests, but again a great place to stay for guest who stay away all day on trips..

As I wrote I did not like to write this review, but had I read the review I am writing now in advance, am I sorry to say I would not stayed in this hotel based on how I would use this hotel as only a place to relax.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear chrismic59,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your stay. While you may have felt that you "did not like to write the review," I always look forward to feedback from our guests. This is how we learn how to improve, and this is how we feel gratified for all our efforts.

I do understand the concern about the distance from the city proper. This is something that we always disclose to our guests (located 12 kms from the airport). This is why we made it a point to include airport transfers and tour van transfers to our tour packages. We wanted to make sure that the guests are able to get their full meals and that they are taken to the tourist destinations without hassle. We also ask about their plans for the time slots not covered by the itinerary, just to make sure that options are given. Most of the time, we bring our guests with us back to the poblacion if they wish to hitch a ride out. Public transportation is also cheaper if guests agree to "share" with other people, and not hire the trike privately. I would like to think that the distance from the city (and the proximity to the tourist spots like honda bay) is an added benefit for those who wish to avoid the "traffic and noise" of hotels located "in the heart of the city."

I also appreciate the feedback about the lack of interaction of the owners and of the other guests. As you have seen, the other guests were out most of the time (on tours) and came back to rest. As for the owners, we wanted to maintain our distance and be "less intrusive" because as you mentioned, you were not really interested in most of the things/tours/activities that we were suggesting. You also said you were not typical tourists, and you just wanted to basically relax all day and not have any definite itinerary. To compensate, I remember telling you on several occasions to let me know if you need assistance on any matter. The family even decided to spend Christmas eve at the inn just in case the guests needed some company for celebration. I wish there could have been something else that we could have done to make you feel more at home during your stay.

I will also make sure to let the staff know that you found them to be attentive and nice. I'm also sure my dad would appreciate your positive comments on his cooking. Sorry about the wifi... Our service is 3G based, and is at the mercy of whatever bandwidth the provider gives out. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes you just want to throw the router away :) Most of the time, it allows us to browse basic websites like facebook (security measures of banking and financial sites usually result to longer loading time)

Thank you for helping future travelers make a good decision about staying at Villa Saturnina. I agree that it may be a great place for a certain type of traveller/tourist, but not necessarily so for people who plan to stay indoors the whole time. I appreciate the hypothetical 4/5 star review for the "typical tourist" who came to see the beautiful sights of palawan. Given the circumstances, I will happily take the 3 stars. I quote: "But if you plan to be away all day to either underground river or Bay Honda Island jumping and make arrangement with them to make dinner when you come home and then will only relax, is this maybe a very goos place to stay, since you save a least 30 minutts driving each way, since this hotel is on the way to this places. For that type of tourisme could I give them 4 or 5 stars.."

Once again, I truly appreciate all the feedback. And thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond :)
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in PPC for 4 days and 3 nights, because we would not spend much of our time in the hotel my girlfriend and I decided to just find a B&B type of place. After days of searching and researching we finally decided to pick this place and our patience paid off. This place is totally far from the city as mentioned by some, but hey it doesn't matter as this place rocks. It's not crowded, nor noisy like the once in the city proper. It totally feels like your still at the comfort of your own home. Budget wise its very affordable. Sam, Joel, Evelyn and Andres they were all very accommodating (they welcome you with open arms) and very helpful. Will surely recommend this to my family and friends. Oh by the way before I forget the food they cook (which is upon request) is the best. Try requesting for beef steak or crab superb satisfaction :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RyeNemEs
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Rye!

I appreciate the great review, thank you so much for the taking the time to write one! Puerto Princesa is, indeed, a travel destination where you won't get to spend a lot of time in your room. It is hardly worth it to book expensive hotels when you will actually end up spending most of your time on tours: underground river, honda bay, city tour, firefly watching, ecotour, etc. Best to spend the nights on a quiet location where you can rest and recharge.

Thanks!!