“Feels just like Home..”
Review of Villa Saturnina

Villa Saturnina
Ranked #71 of 203 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in PPC for 4 days and 3 nights, because we would not spend much of our time in the hotel my girlfriend and I decided to just find a B&B type of place. After days of searching and researching we finally decided to pick this place and our patience paid off. This place is totally far from the city as mentioned by some, but hey it doesn't matter as this place rocks. It's not crowded, nor noisy like the once in the city proper. It totally feels like your still at the comfort of your own home. Budget wise its very affordable. Sam, Joel, Evelyn and Andres they were all very accommodating (they welcome you with open arms) and very helpful. Will surely recommend this to my family and friends. Oh by the way before I forget the food they cook (which is upon request) is the best. Try requesting for beef steak or crab superb satisfaction :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RyeNemEs
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello Rye!

I appreciate the great review, thank you so much for the taking the time to write one! Puerto Princesa is, indeed, a travel destination where you won't get to spend a lot of time in your room. It is hardly worth it to book expensive hotels when you will actually end up spending most of your time on tours: underground river, honda bay, city tour, firefly watching, ecotour, etc. Best to spend the nights on a quiet location where you can rest and recharge.

Thanks!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The place is a bit far from the city proper and it would be costly to ride a tricycle to and from the villa. But, the place is clean and kuya Joel and kuya Andres were very friendly and accommodating. (We forgot the name of the ate who served us breakfast though). The best part of this place was the value for money. Even if we arrived late, we were still able to go island hopping even if there were only two of us in the boat. (COOL)!
And thanks to kuya Sam who planned our stay in Palawan. Everything went according to plan so no hassle there.
The place is also a bit near to Robinsons for those who wants to go to the mall. (about Php150 for the tricycle).
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay there especially the guided tours. You will really get the value for your money. The best part of the tour was the food is included (especially in Cowrie island - will surely go back for this). And don't miss the firefly watching especially for couples who are visiting Palawan. =D

Room Tip: We had room #1 which has 1 double bed and 1 double-deck bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hi Kryssa!

I'm happy to hear that you guys found great value for the money you spent in puerto princesa. I totally agree that you don't need to spend a lot in order to experience a great and memorable vacation.

Thank you!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you're conscious with your budget for a Palawan trip, booking in Villa Saturnina is a great steal! Sam, son of the owner, is very accommodating on my inquiries and requests. We were a group of 5 composed of 2 couples and 1 teenager. The package that was given to us included accommodations for 3D/2N, the underground river tour with transpo and buffet lunch, island hopping in honda bay with transpo and buffet lunch, and the city tour. We only spent around P4100 each :)

Upon arrival, we were fetched by "Kuya Joseph" who's very accommodating and fun to be with. Supposedly on our first day was the underground river tour. But due to the weather, it was cancelled. We instead had the city tour. We enjoyed it so much that upon arrival the Villa, we wanted to sleep :)

Though there was a miscommunication on the room assignments, it was immediately fixed by Sam and the Villa's caretaker, Joel. Me, my fiance, and my son stayed on a room that can accommodate i think up to 8 people. There were 3 king size beds and a double deck bed. The bathroom has a hot and cold shower. But no TV inside the room. The other couple stayed in another room with a king size bed, a sofa bed, a hot and cold shower and with a cable TV. So my son would go to their room or in the dining area to watch TV. We can say that we had a restful sleep :)

When we went out for dinner, Joel was very helpful in arranging a tricycle for us that would take us to the city proper. It was a very looooong tricycle ride. So if you want to go to the bars, malls, restaurants, be ready to shell out a few hundreds because only transpo available is the tricycle.

The next day was our underground river tour. Kuya Joseph went with us again and he attended to our needs. We had a pleasant buffet lunch which is already included in the package :) While waiting for our schedule, I was exchanging texts with Sam asking for help for our dinner plans. We wanted to have the dinner in the Villa instead of going out. He asked what we wanted and informed me how much it will cost. I immediately said yes because the price was very affordable because it included everything :) We ordered 1/2 kg of buttered garlic prawns, 1/2 kg of sweet chili crabs, 1/2 kg of grilled blue marlin, and 1/2 kg of sinigang na baboy. Drum roll please... we only spent less than P1400!!!

"Ate" knocked our door around 7:30pm to inform us that our dinner is ready. A very unfortunate accident happened in the dining area. A GIANT Mickey Mouse took one of the blue marlin slices which was left uncovered in the table :( My friend who's very afraid of rats, cried when she saw a couple of GIANT Mickey Mouse roaming around the ceiling of the dining area. Eventually we were able to calm her down. And the unwelcome visitors went out of our sight and we began eating. Fortunately, Sam's dad cooked our food and they were extremely delicious :) We enjoyed the rest of the night with excellent food and great music because Joel offered the videoke machine :)

Our last day in Palawan is for the Honda Bay island hopping. I woke up ahead of my alarm clock because there was no electricity. Joel assured me that it will only be for a short period. Good thing Joel brought to our room an emergency light I can use. After breakfast we were dropped off in the wharf in time for the island hopping tour. After that, Ate picked us up so we can prepare for our flight back to Manila.

Over-all without the unfortunate event in the dining area, we had an extremely great experience in Puerto Princesa Palawan because of our stay in Villa Saturnina and the very reasonable package they are offering :) We will surely stay here again should we visit Puerto Princesa in the future :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello Vize,

Thank you for the lengthy review! I am happy that you got a restful and enjoyable vacation :)

A few additional notes:
- cable tv is available for all at the dining/common area.
- the mickey incident was indeed unfortunate and a result of some disruptions in surrounding areas. The dining area is obviously newly built and maintained on a regular basis. Measures have been taken to ensure that this incident does not happen again.

Once again, thank you for the positive feedback :) I will make sure to let the staff know about your comments

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Everything was planned out well by the owner Sam. Even if our flight got delayed and we had to do a change in the schedule, Sam has helped us out so we could enjoy our trip as much as possible. The city tour was fun via our own guide Andres. We enjoyed an amazing boar ride in the underground rived and had a wonderful dinner in our firefly watching. This was totally the vacation I wanted to have. Thank You Sam and to your very awesome staff...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hello Andrei!

I'm glad that you had a great stay at Puerto Princesa. I will let the rest of the team know about your awesome feedback. :)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like the ambiance of the place, it's like you have your own house in Palawan. I like how accommodating the staffs were to us. And Sir Sam never failed to check on us almost everyday. Giving us options on our trip. Just one thing I want to see on my next visit on Villa Saturnina. COOOLD WATEEER PLEASE sir Sam hahaha! I'll definitely choose Villa Saturnina again if ever I'll return to Puerto Princesa :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hello Zane!

I appreciate your great feedback of the staff and the B&B. Our goal is exactly that... to make our guests feel right at home! I will make sure to let the rest of the team know about the encouraging words you shared today :)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been reading reviews on this Hotel months before my own Palawan Trip, anst d the time came for my Vacation. I stayed last July 3 to 6 and it was a different experience. Its like I'm at Home. The owner "SAM" is in Manila while i was in Palawan but the stuff "Evelyn and Joel" never failed to take care of us. The Rooms are just right. AC and Heater and Good for 5 guest per Room. The Breakfast is just simple, but hey for the Room rates and Tours Inclusion, I cant thank them enough for the Breakfast and Coffee it is actually a Freebie. The City Tour and all the other Tours were properly arranged and they even brought us to the market to buy Sea Foods because its a bit pricey for us "big eaters" to eat kilos of Prawns and Crabs at the resto so we decided to buy and cook back at the Hotel which Joel and evelyn was so happy to help "we even exchange recipes". The garden was great specially with the afternoon rains so it made the place even cooler aside from the AC room. I will definitely go back to this hotel and like what i said, even it is 30min away from the City its ok. taking a public jeep or "space" trike is so easy. I would not want to stay downtown were all the vehicles are afterall this is vacation right. somewhere outside the city. To Joel, Evelyn, and SAM. you are the BEST...

Room Tip: Morning till 8PM you can take a public baby jeep for only P25 per pax to the city "JUNCTION&quo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hello Russell!

I'm happy to hear that you guys had fun during your stay in Puerto Princesa. I will make sure to let Joel and Evelyn know about your positive feedback. I truly appreciate the positive feedback and the great recommendation. Hopefully, I will be here the next time you visit us :)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Summer break for my kids start at the end of June and by this time, rainy season has already started. Surprisingly though, Palawan isn't bad at this time of the year. Choosing to stay at Villa Saturnina was indeed the best decision I made for this trip. This homey B&B is perfect for relaxation and your sight seeing plans. Its owner, Sam, prepared an itinerary which allowed us to see the best parts of Puerto Princesa. And he drove us around, too! How cool is that?

But more than anything, it's the food that got me. There are a lot of places to eat around Palawan (can't get enough of the authentic Vietnamese place) but my inner pig is most happy with the breakfast served at Villa Saturnina. It almost made us miss our flight back. Uh huh, it was that good.

Room Tip: There are only a couple of rooms available and all are fine :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

HI! I am glad you and the kids had fun during your trip. You're right, rainy season isn't so bad here in puerto princesa, and we still get to see a lot of sunshine from June to September.

Thank you so much for putting out a good word.