“I'm so at Home I cried when i left”
Review of Villa Saturnina

and 1 more site!
Villa Saturnina
Ranked #65 of 192 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“I'm so at Home I cried when i left”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been reading reviews on this Hotel months before my own Palawan Trip, anst d the time came for my Vacation. I stayed last July 3 to 6 and it was a different experience. Its like I'm at Home. The owner "SAM" is in Manila while i was in Palawan but the stuff "Evelyn and Joel" never failed to take care of us. The Rooms are just right. AC and Heater and Good for 5 guest per Room. The Breakfast is just simple, but hey for the Room rates and Tours Inclusion, I cant thank them enough for the Breakfast and Coffee it is actually a Freebie. The City Tour and all the other Tours were properly arranged and they even brought us to the market to buy Sea Foods because its a bit pricey for us "big eaters" to eat kilos of Prawns and Crabs at the resto so we decided to buy and cook back at the Hotel which Joel and evelyn was so happy to help "we even exchange recipes". The garden was great specially with the afternoon rains so it made the place even cooler aside from the AC room. I will definitely go back to this hotel and like what i said, even it is 30min away from the City its ok. taking a public jeep or "space" trike is so easy. I would not want to stay downtown were all the vehicles are afterall this is vacation right. somewhere outside the city. To Joel, Evelyn, and SAM. you are the BEST...

Room Tip: Morning till 8PM you can take a public baby jeep for only P25 per pax to the city "JUNCTION&quo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Russell!

I'm happy to hear that you guys had fun during your stay in Puerto Princesa. I will make sure to let Joel and Evelyn know about your positive feedback. I truly appreciate the positive feedback and the great recommendation. Hopefully, I will be here the next time you visit us :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Summer break for my kids start at the end of June and by this time, rainy season has already started. Surprisingly though, Palawan isn't bad at this time of the year. Choosing to stay at Villa Saturnina was indeed the best decision I made for this trip. This homey B&B is perfect for relaxation and your sight seeing plans. Its owner, Sam, prepared an itinerary which allowed us to see the best parts of Puerto Princesa. And he drove us around, too! How cool is that?

But more than anything, it's the food that got me. There are a lot of places to eat around Palawan (can't get enough of the authentic Vietnamese place) but my inner pig is most happy with the breakfast served at Villa Saturnina. It almost made us miss our flight back. Uh huh, it was that good.

Room Tip: There are only a couple of rooms available and all are fine :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
HI! I am glad you and the kids had fun during your trip. You're right, rainy season isn't so bad here in puerto princesa, and we still get to see a lot of sunshine from June to September.

Thank you so much for putting out a good word.
Pasig
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Palawan trip was awesome! My friends and I wanted to experience something new so we decided to visit the famed Underground River. The owner was able to book us our tours with short notice, and was able to create a great itinerary that included Honda Bay, Firefly Watching and Dolphin Watching. Thanks to Villa Saturnina for very warm accomodation and for planning all my tours. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for the nice feedback, Bucky. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Puerto Princesa. I appreciate your endorsement to your friends; comments like these make all our efforts worth it.
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It's a break i need after the may elections. Thanks villa saturnina for the quiet and comfort of home. The pre ordered food was really out of this world.. Delicious, tasty, divine, sugar crush! ! The chef was sam himself and his dad. Juny the only brod of sam readily offered his service to drive, andres likewise provide city tour with joseph. Ann, joel, elmer and nonoy join the staff. Tomorrow Back to reality...

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Maria,

A good escape for rest and relaxation is definitely what I would prescribe to hardworking individuals such as yourself. I am glad that we were able to make you feel at home here at Villa Saturnina during your stay.
TARLAC
Reviewed June 9, 2013

my family and i stayed at villa saturnina last june 6-8 2013. we had a great time and sam, the owner organized so well our itinerary. rooms were spacious, breakfast is great, staff were very friendly and most of all, very affordable.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DONTarlac
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We appreciate your positive feedback! I am glad that you and your family had a great stay in puerto princesa. :)
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a 'no frills bed and breakfast" accomodation..It is really a home away from home..parang nasa bahay ka lang talaga, with the staff and especially Kuya Amor and his wife( the owners ) getting out of their way to make us feel comfortable..The garden setting and the orange painted house is very similar to our home,,Although we decided at the last minute to go on the Honda Bay tour, there really was no problem because the Honda Bay wharf is walking distance from the place. we just went there, arranged a boat just for ourselves and I believe at a cheaper price, than if we had it arranged by a tour/travel agency..If you want peace and quiet, away from the hustle and noise of the city, I definitely recommend Villa Saturnina..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hi Jimmy!

Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you had a restful vacation here in puerto princesa. You are correct, our guests save a LOT because of the cheaper honda bay tours that we provide. We are able to substantially cut down on costs (such as van rental), hence offer better value to our customers.

We are looking forward to seeing you again, soon!
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I would have booked in a local hotel which charged me 11,000 per person (that would make 33,000 for the three of us). When my sister saw Villa Saturnina as THE NUMBER ONE here in TripAdvisor, we tried to communicate with Sam who gave us around only 40% of what the hotel was offering. Our PACKAGE included airport transfer (hi Andres!!! [sam's driver]), breakfast, accommodation, city tour, honda bay tour, and underground river tour. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Since we really wanted to get to El Nido, Sam recommended a pension house there which was also great since we get to go to the beach in five minutes by foot. We were to get back to Puerto at 12 MN. Sam sends a SMS saying "I've arranged for Andres to pick you up at FilOil". AT 12 MIDNIGHT??? Call it Filipino Hospitality!

Villa Saturnina is much away from town proper. But who needs town proper when you've already got the Pasalubong during the City Tour? :) When we REALLY needed something from town proper (bayan), Sam again offered "Andres can take you to bayan". It wasn't airport transfer... :)

THE ICING ON THE CAKE when staying at Villa Saturnina is it's VERY near Honda Bay! So the vans pick you up last [meaning you get the front row seats and you don't have to wake up early since other guests will be picked up first]. The same also applies for the Underground River Tour!

Thank you Sam, Joel, and Andres!!! We had an EXCELLENT vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It was our pleasure to make sure that you had a memorable and convenient stay in puerto princesa. I will make sure to extend your feedback to Andres and Joel.

I also like how you mentioned that you didn't have to wake up as early as guests from other hotels. That is, indeed, one of the perks of staying at our location :)

Thanks again and hope to see you in palawan soon.