“Excellent vegetarian meals”

Cuisines: Thai, Healthy
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent vegetarian meals”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loids is one of my new favorite restaurants now in Puerto. I drop by here everytime I can because there really is great value for money.

PROs:
1. The food is authentically vegetarian / vegan / raw! For a healty-eater, this is hard to find in the Philippines.
2. Serving portions - generous (for asian standards anyway - please do not compare to American portions!)
3. Service - great! The staff are friendly
4. Price - Fantastic! Dishes are less than 100php. Go to Manila and I bet you will have a really hard time finding vegan / vegetarian food with the same quality and portion at these prices.
5. Taste - good, but not fantastic. 4.5/5 - its still not too bad!

CONs:
1. Noisy street in front - if you're not that fussy about noise, this is bearable (and totally negligible!)
2. Location - a bit far off from the city center. Take a trike and tell them "across Ka-Inato Restaurant" because they most probably will not know where Loid's is. It is just along the same road as Robinsons Place Mall.

• Visited September 2012

Beijing, China
“Must-visit cafe for vegetarians”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you are a vegetarian/vegan/raw food dieter visiting PPC, you MUST stop by to meet Loida. Her modest cafe is located in a small strip mall a few hundred meters north of the new Robinson's Place shopping center. Loida's creative menu is quite varried featuring Mexican, Filipino and Thai offerings, all well done. She also has a nice selection of fresh juices and vegan smoothies, made with fresh cashew milk (cashews are a major export crop of Palawan). She has put lots of time and talent into her menu and it shows. Anyone who has tried to create tasty & attractive raw food entres will especially appreciate her Pad Thai and Raw Burrito. The guacamole was also excellent. This is not fast food; Loida and her sisters make everything to order. If you're in a hurry best to ask which items are quickest. For those who value quality, freshness & healthiness above all else, it's well worth the 10-15 minute wait.

• Visited August 2012
Melbourne
“Awesome for Vegetarians and Vegans”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It is hard to find good vegetarian options in the Philippines. LC's caters to vegetarians, vegans, and even raw food diet patrons. The food is incredibly fresh and immaculately prepared. I typically stay away from raw food in most restaurants in the Philippines, but I have found LC's food preparation standards to be outstanding. The owner (Loid) is very creative with her culinary ideas. She's even developed a vegan cheese made from cashew nut milk. A small and simple dining environment, and the food takes a while to prepare, but it is well worth it for the fresh and quality food. Try the pizza.

• Visited August 2012
Cervo, Italia
“A cramped place”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The dishes were ok, but the service was so slow, you could fall asleep waiting for it. Also very dangerous for the waitress to move around.

Visited February 2012
Loid C, Owner at LC's Gourmet Restaurant, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hello Opossumd! Thanks for your review. Sorry for the slow service. Normally, if several customers ahead of you, we have to serve them first. Aside from this, to maintain the freshness of the vegetables, we are slicing it when there is order. The time to prepare foods takes 8 to 20 minutes depending on the kind of food you order.
I was wondering why you said "it's very dangerous for the waitress to move around". I appreciated it when you told me that while you were here, then we can make changes if there were any danger. I let several people check if there were any danger but they couldn't see any. May be you have seen something that for us is not. I appreciate it if you discuss it with me. My email add is loid@vegetarianpalawan.com
Again thank you. By the way, we changed the name of our restaurant from Loid Vegetarian to LC's Gourmet Restaurant. Hope to see you here someday.
san carlos, palawan
“A rare find”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

It's a small restaurant on the north hiway across from Ka Inato, a very popular restaurant. I went there on the recommendation of a friend, and I was not excited to learn that it's a vegan place - I haven't had much luck with vegan restaurants. However I was very happy with my meal, I had the Thai curry. It was very delicious, very flavorful without being smothered in sauce. My wife and I enjoyed it so much we have been back enough times to sample most of the menu. Our favorites though are the thai curry and the penne pasta. Terrific food, and also the shakes are great, especially the guyabano and the cacao/cashew. They are made using cashew milk instead of cream, and they are fantastic! If it's available the raw chocolate cheesecake is also great. The restaurant itself is very simple and spartan, but the staff is very friendly and accommodating, which is much more important I think.
If you are in Puerto please check them out, I am urging you for my own selfish reasons. I hope they get lots of business so they stick around. There is really no other place here with such fresh and delicious food for such reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2012