Lowest prices for your stay
$55
$36
Hotels.com$55
Priceline$54
Travelocity$55
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here at the sunlight for a few days in January and it was probably a good time of the year to visit as it was quiet and peaceful. The hotel is very good value for money with really big bedrooms that were well fitted out and the one we stayed in had great views of the bay from a fantastic big balcony. Breakfast was the typical mish mash that you tend to get in the Philippines but not half as bad as some hotels serve, just don't go expecting anything that resembles a "western" breakfast and you will enjoy. Sure the rooms are a bit worn, but for the money paid it was a real nice hotel and the staff were all great, so next time we are in old palawan we won't look past the sunlight hotel as it's just good old fashioned value for money and we will certainly use again. Well recommended for the budget traveller.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kennedyboy
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

First time visiting here. The room is comfy, romantic ambience due to the lighting, and a big flat TV. Bath room with shower equipment and full with bathing accessories: shampoo, soap, conditioner, body lotion, dental kit, etc. Breakfast at Saluhan is with great view because we can see the small port to accompany us breakfast. It's peaceful and enjoyable. City market is nearby hotel. So we can explore everything around us, including HALO HALO dish as my first time trial. It's good . We can take up some city tour managed by Sunlight as well. Overall, it's good staying here

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank IrnaDengkeng
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

It is in great location next to palengke market and on top of chinese Unitop department store. It overlooks the beautiful Bay. The standard rooms have no windows but are very attractive Inside with biggest TV I have ever seen in a hotel. I seemed to get a very good promo just after xmas. You get a free welcome drink in the bar or 10 peso discount on a smoothie. The bed is very uncomfortable , a hard board seems to have been inserted into the mattress to prolong the life. I was shocked and awoke with aching back. Now my problem. During my stay in"Puerto" I booked a mix of pre-paid and pay at hotel rooms. When I checked I asked if there was anything to pay and the receptionist said "no". Also on check out. I was very surprised when, one week later the hotel started to ask me to pay for my stay, but at a rate far exceeding the amount I agreed with my booking agent. I told the hotel to ask the booking agency but another demand arrived. My booking agency then suspended my account without asking for my side of the story. This was despite using their agency for 60 hotel bookings before (travelbook). It was sorted out but it makes me angry at the heavy handed approach and incompetence of the involved parties. I only recommend this hotel when there is a promo and I would feel the comfort of the mattress if was you.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed December 5, 2016

this is one of the simple yet beautiful accommodation i have seen so far in terms of bathroom very spacious, the rooms are big and clean with clean mattress and linens, ventilation was good. has a bay view on it...breakfast comes in a buffet ,,,,very good choices of breakfast meals .....

Room tip: bayview rooms are perfect
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Trey R, Resident Manager at Sunlight Guest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

In Behalf of the Management and staff of Sunlight Guest Hotel Puerto Princesa, We would like to thank you for staying with us. It was truly a pleasure to have serve you during the duration of your stay and we thank you for the wonderful review that you have given us. All review and comments are highly appreciated and this gives us more inspiration to keep our services at par.

We are looking forward in welcoming you on your next visit with us.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2016

I stayed here twice and what I love here is their room and the location. The room is very spacious and comfortable bed. Perfect for all types of travellers.Big bathroom with an interesting set-up. The room rate is reasonable and very accommodating staff. I just have one concern in the airconditiong system, during my first stay last Septemeber (i forgot the room number) it took around 15mins to 30mins to cool down the entire room, but the H50 it took 1 hour. I don't know the other rooms.

The location one word PERFECT.

Above all it was a great stay in Sunlight Hotel.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Trey R, Resident Manager at Sunlight Guest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2016

In Behalf of the Management and staff we would like to thank you in choosing Sunlight Guest Hotel Puerto Princesa. It is with great pleasure to have served you during the duration of your stay.

In regards to your concern with the air-condition, res assured that this matter will be given immediate attention to make sure that your next stay with us would be pleasant. Your comments are highly valued and this gives us the opportunity to improve.

Once again we thank you and we are looking forward in welcoming you on your next visit with us.