“Very nice and super clean hotel. Very nice service and very accommodating. Perfect stay!”

Sunlight Guest Hotel
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed for 4 days in this hotel. For the first 3 days, we had a deluxe room. Room is really big and very clean. Wifi is great. I loved everything in the room. Furnitures and everything. We had a nice view of the sea. It made me feel that, just staying in our room for the rest of our vacation is fine with me. After a very tiring day after the tour on the second day, its worth it when i can rest to this really nice hotel. Location is okay, its like in the center of the city. Very accessible. The buffet breakfast was nice. And the staff are really friendly. They were able to accommodate us until 3 pm to checkout since our flight is in the evening. Fair enough. We just need to go back to the hotel for the airport transfer. It gave us enough time to go around the city. We missed our flight and they were so nice to give us 70% off for another night for a superior room. Their superior room is nice as well. It is very clean. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed there with mom and her travel buddy a day before our off to El Nido. The place is nice though nothing special with their view in veranda as I see muddy street and construction materials everywhere. Also, after our check out, we asked for somebody to help us with all our luggage, no one came so we need to bring it down with ourselves. Breakfast buffet is okay for me, because im not used to eat breakfast. But the food is not that tasty and you have small choice of food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

-Booked this hotel because of its reviews..
-Price was very affordable.. REALLY affordable via Agoda..
-Airport pick-up is readily available. They're always at the airport.
-Check-in was fast. Free welcome drinks given (you have to go to the 4th floor for check-in)
-Location was perfect.. It is in the same building as Unitop Mall. Nearby restaurants such as Balinsasayaw and Kinabuchs are a tricycle drive away. (10-20pesos per person tricycle fare)
-Buffet breakfast was nice. Though the view is not nice. Houses of poor people are seen on the restaurant window.
-Rooms are huge.
-Cleanliness, not so good because one towel we got smells bad. Sheets have stains, etc
-Construction on-going next door. But not really noisy. Just in case..
-Rat running on top of the ceiling.
-bottled waters given on your first day.
-Check-out was super fast.
-Transfer back to the airport will be confirmed the night before your departure.

All in all, stay was very good. Will stay here again the next time

-If you need cheap tours, I recommend you inquiring Ms. Cecilia, +639175039396. They are 200 pesos cheaper than the normal rates 1,300 for the usual 1,500 underground river and Honda Bay tours and 500 instead of the 700 4-hour city tour.. Really had fun with them.
-Beware that Underground River tours should be booked weeks in advance because permits are limited per day..

Room Tip: request for a seaview room or partial seaview room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

When me and my wife got to the hotel we thought it was very pleasant. The staff was very helpful, they even had my name on the welcome board( which I thought was really cool). My wife will not stay in a hotel if it's not clean and let me tell you, this is one of the cleanest hotels I've been in. The reception area was clean and staff was all smiles ready to help at a moments notice. The room was very impressive. The first thing I look at is the bathroom, if the bathroom is dirty then the room is dirty. The bathroom was flawless which made me really happy. The room was well worth the price. This hotel is in the city so, if you plan on going to the beach you'll have to travel a good 30 min. but, it's worth it. The staff will give you a list of all the tours and attractions to do on the island, you just let them know which one you want to do and they'll call a tour agency for you. Simple as that. We spent 4 nights there and overall it was a really good experience. Very peaceful, calming, and relaxing. Can't tell you about the internet, I don't take a laptop or any of that stuff on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raheem S
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When we arrived at the lobby, I was wondering where the reception area was. It was at the 4th floor where the rooms were.

The elevator smelled musty. Of all reception area this one is fully carpeted. But it was worn-out and dirty. If they can't clean it, might as well take it out. It's such an eyesore and it smells.

The rooms are spacious though. However, since it's carpeted & the veranda is not fully covered, when it rains the carpet can get wet & the smell can be moldy.

I invited friends for lunch and for the price I paid I could have had a more decent lunch if we went out. That's why we were the only ones eating.

Looks like this place are for on the go travelers who don't care much for other amenities.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ruby_eli_cha
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had reservations for three nights in June. After a mixup in our plans, we asked if we could switch one night to the end of our trip. They were happy to oblige, which I thought was very nice. The rooms were very nice and roomy. The free breakfast bugget was good, but we really enjoyed the dinner. Very reasonably priced and good food. The location puts you right in the middle of the local shopping. To our surprise, the hotel is in a mall, and if you are brave enough to go outside in the traffic, the market is right there! Overall, great deal!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights from June 26-29, 2013. The sea view deluxe room that i requested was very spacious, neat and clean. Luxurious bathroom. Hotel is accessible to everything.Breakfast buffet was okay. Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

I enjoyed the Underground river tour and city tour. You can do bar hop on the last night at Tiki bar just a 10 minutes ride by tricycle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple