“The best place to stay in Puerto Princesa!”
Review of Subli Guest Cabins

Subli Guest Cabins
Ranked #2 of 185 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“The best place to stay in Puerto Princesa!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I love, love, love Subli! I have always been a sucker for cabins and Subli was perfect! It wasn't really the nice and cozy cabins that got me, but the service of the owners, Nancy and her husband! I have been corresponding with Nancy for a while before we arrived in Puerto. She arranged our Underground River tour and our airport pick-up. They were very prompt! The Subli receptionist was very accommodating too! They answered all of our questions and were very flexible with our requests. The breakfast was fantastic! :) They also made massage appointments for us and the masseuse were excellent! We had to have 2 massages during our two-day stay in Puerto Princesa. Nancy's husband also drove us to KInabuchs for dinner at no extra charge, my husband had to whisper to me and say, "This is the best service that I've had with a hotel." And that's something especially when he has traveled to many places all over the world! After our trip to El Nido, we had to go back to PP (as our boat to coron cancelled on the last minute), I called Nancy if they have a room available. She told me she was out of town and she would get back to me in 30 minutes because she had to look at her reservation book. And true to her word, she called back! Unfortunately, they were fully booked. She did give me recommendations though and even offered to call the masseuse on our behalf and send them to our hotel. These are the things that matter to me - people who really know what customer service means! I am starting a blog on my travels and I will definitely recommend Subli - especially to my friends who are planning to visit Palawan! :)

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank ekempis
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
wow, what a great review! thank you, thank you, thank you! makes everything we do worth it. may we just say also that you get what you deserve, and for you and all the other wonderful guests we've had at subli, you deserve more than the usual service. thank you so much for appreciating all our efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shenyang, China
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed there 5 nights and our stay was very good. The cottages are nice and clean, the staff is really friendly and will bo everything they can to help you and make your stay enjoyable and smooth.
The hotel is very quiet and not far from the city.
Thje breakfast is just amazing.
You have a free pick up/drop off to airport and even during your stay, if you need support, ask them, and, for free, they will help you to go to several places.

Don't hesitate. go there !

Room Tip: A few quantity of cottages but only a big one (for family of 2 children and more). If you are 4 (or...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicocoach
thanks a lot for your review! we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Location: Situated just a few minutes away from the city centre, city guest cabins are located in a very quiet area. Waking up with the sounds of birds is just so relaxing!

Breakfast: Tasty Filipino or International breakfast available including drinks.

Staff: Very hospitable, helpfull and kind hearted staff. We were very well taken care of! If you need anything, they will be delighted to help you out. We were taking a tour to the underground river in Sabang, and they helped us with reservations. Also, we were collected upon arrival in Puerto Airport by Glenn (the owner). Our last day, they arranged our mini-van trip to El Nido.

Cabins: The four cabins are clean and equiped with everything u need. The showers are very relaxing with warm water and good water pressure. They have an relaxing area where u can read a book / magazine (they have plenty that u can borrow). And if you sit down to have a drink at the 'lobby' they are always in for a chat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TdJong
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
a very big thank you for your great review! the birds are a huge bonus from above, and the chatting is what we enjoy the most!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2013. The price was incredible. The cabins are simple but do the job. Very clean with aircon, t.v and hot water. The owners and staff were super friendly, helped us with any questions and were always more than happy to take us into town whenever we wanted saving us a bundle on taxis! The breakfast was great and included in the price. Overall a freat place and we would definitly stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
a very big thank you for your great review. we do hope you can come back in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

When I was trying to plan a birthday vacation for my parents from overseas, I was quite overwhelmed with the choices available for the hotels and accomodation, but when I saw Subli, I just knew it was the kind of simple, peaceful and exclusive accomodation service my parents and any couple would enjoy on their special stay in Puerto Princesa. As I narrowed my choices and started contacting a couple of places, Subli bagged my choice when they provided the most personalized service I ever received in a very punctual way. They have arranged EVERYTHING for my parents' stay, from the tour packages, the Underground river permt that you have to get in advance, dinner bookings up to the tiny special details that made all the difference like providing my special requests for flowers, birthday cakes and balloons for my parents' birthdays. They certainly know how to run a service business well and has a top notch sense of personable hospitality with a sincere heart. My parents were very happy and I am overjoyed to have found special people like Mrs. Nancy and Mr. Glen who made a dream vacation gift come true for my parents, despite my distance. The place is very cozy, and the athmosphere is very relaxing. This is the place ideal for people who really wants to take in the entire natural beauty of Palawan. Staying in Subli is more than an accomodation experience, it is a personal effort to make your stay as close to home as possible from such wonderful hosts. Thank you so much and we will definitely stay in Subli again if we are back in Puerto Princesa!

Room Tip: To make service as exclusive and personal as possible, they chose to have just four available cabins...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
thank you so much for the very touching review. we are truly glad that our efforts are appreciated. we hope that you can come and visit us yourself. thanks again!
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Puerto Princesa Palawan. Thanks to the owners of Subli Guest Cabins, Kuya Glenn and Ate Nancy for granting all our requests to make our 1st year wedding anniversary special. They gave us discounted price for accommodations, we were able to go to Honda Bay, Underground River (without personal appearance for booking appointments since they arranged it even before we arrived at Palawan- really hassle free!) , make reservations at Kahlui, Airport Transfers and they even offer rides going to our lunch and dinner spots. The rooms are clean and sheets and towels were changed when requested, hot and cold showers are provided, great breakfast, great library place for relaxation (we even celebrated our special day here and had coffee and cake- oh yes, the owners bought us cake when I requested for it too!). Jea, their assisstant was also very helpful! Thumbs up for these owners! If we go back to Palawan, we will definitely stay here and recommend this place to my friends and family!!! More power and God bless Subli!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SkipnShe
Maria Nancy S, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
thank you, thank you! we truly appreciate the wonderful review! it was great having you here and we feel so honored that you chose subli for your first wedding anniversary. when you come back, we will have the "pinaasimang baka" ready for you. thanks so much once again!
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We visited Puerto Princesa from 14-19NOV2012 and chose Subli Guest Cabins. That was the best choice ever! It started with a free airport pick-up and while we were at Subli we felt like we stayed with long-time friends. Everything was fabulous -- the service, the garden, the friendlyness. The cabin was very clean, cozy and fresh flowers gave us a great welcome. The internet connection was working well and the cabins are equipped with cable TV.
We got many helpful tips and information as well. In addition Subli Managment was very helpful and gave us several times free transportation - even its easy to walk to town. Motorbike taxis know Subli/Socrates Road and charged us with regular prices (for 2 persons 40-50 Peso from city center).
We can highly recommend this place and would like to return here on our next trip to Puerto Princesa.
PS: Thanks a lot, Nancy & Glen!

Room Tip: Since they got 4 cabins in total you better reserve in advance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JollyBee2012
Maria Nancy S, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Such a wonderful review - thank you so much! Thanks especially for the truly beautiful photographs. Please come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Princesa
Balay Tuko Garden Inn
Balay Tuko Garden Inn
#1 of 185 in Puerto Princesa
Tapik Beach Park Guest House

Been to Subli Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!