“Great Vegetarian restaurant in Puerto Princesa”
Review of Ima's Gulay Bar

Ima's Gulay Bar
Ranked #12 of 168 Restaurants in Puerto Princesa
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Http://www.imas-vegetarian-restaurant.com/menu.html
Description: Http://www.imas-vegetarian-restaurant.com/menu.html
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Great Vegetarian restaurant in Puerto Princesa”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Perhaps the only legit vegetarian restaurant in town, Ima's is a favorite of ours. It's a quaint little place perfect for everyday healthy diet, though I wish the serving was a little bigger. But that said, the food is great. We love their Jambalaya (beans, tomatoes), Italian classic (pasta ---I always ask for salt as I feel they under-season it); eggplant basil roll, and their banana shake.

The atmosphere is very laid back, but it does get quite hot especially on summer. The place has no A/C and is by the road so it can be very noisy.

The service is always good! Their servers are always smiling, ready to explain the food, and the owners/cooks are also very accommodating.

Everytime friends are in town, I make sure to bring them here to introduce them to good vegetarian food. :)

Visited October 2012
2 Thank keshie07

Darwin
“Vegetarian excellence”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

As a vegetarian of 22 years it is often difficult for me to find decent vegetarian food at restaurants (ie. something with flair and better that I'd cook myself). Once we discovered Ima's on our second day in Puerto Princessa, we only ate elsewhere once or twice. The young man who does the front-of-house was lovely and adjusted things to suit my children when asked. And the food was delicious, wholesome, and extremely well priced. I think the owners are Seventh Day Adventist so there is no alcohol (on one visit some other restaurant goers got a bit angsty about lack of beer) but as I was travelling with kids I was happy with it's low key, quiet and safe atmosphere. One tip though - for dinner get there early or you won't find a table!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Gerberas0
Marikina, Rizal, Philippines
“Enjoying veggies... Ima's way!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Good ambiance but needs to improve the lighting.
Serving is good and price is winner! But need to ask if the guests prepare crunchy pizza.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Zenspaconsulting09
Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant, Belgium
“Charming Vegetarian hide-out.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Some may see it as a downside, but I thought the small size of this cozy Vegetarian restaurant added up to it's charm. The food itself wasn't that spectacular (the portions where rather small and my Bean burrito wasn't served as warm as it should be), but if you're a Vegan/Vegetarian this is definitely something up your alley.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Svendehondt
“Healthy, tasty and appetizing.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's a perfect place for vegans, for those who are thinking about being one or those who wants to eat healthy food. It offers a lot of choices in the menu and it certainly made vegetarianism interesting. The food tasted great and the presentation was perfect. The whole place was relaxing and most of all it's affordable. We enjoyed it there, we will recommend it to friends and would certainly drop by some other time.

3 Thank Yanilovestotravel