“Comfort and Convenience at Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Fuerte B&B

Casa Fuerte B&B
Ranked #71 of 183 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Comfort and Convenience at Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Me & my friends went to Palawan last July from a package tour of Living Social Sites/Network. When we arrived at the hotel they warmly welcome us guests with a friendly smile and offered us cold drinks to ease our tiresome body. We had our enough rest just in time for our City Tour. Our tour guide from the rest of our stay named Jonar "jojo" Bisnar was very friendly, accomodating and funny. He provided us insights, histories, current events and good governance of Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Our stay made me feel much closer to home due to good food, spacious room, nice hotel ambience, and good and friendly staff....Kudos to Casa Fuerte. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Thina_licious

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lucena City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3D and 2N. We availed their tour package. The driver arrived exactly on time of our supposedly time of arrival in palawan unfortunately our flight was a little early so we waited a few minutes. When we arrived at Casa Fuerte we were greeted by the less energetic staffs of the hotel. They seem like they just needed the job but they really hate it. When we got to our room I noticed that the aircon was very noisy. Our first tour is the city tour. The staff told me that the tour will start at 2pm but it started at 2:30pm. Our first night was really TERRIBLE!!! The aircon was VERY noisy and it feels like you are in an airplane. The floor is even vibrating because of the noise. They ask for 500pesos deposit for the remote control of tv and aircon but the remote for aircron is not working. The next day was our underground river tour which is an hour delayed and they didn't even apologize for it. While waiting for the van to be fixed, I told the staffs to check our aircon because it was annoyingly noisy. The staff told me that the sound of the aircon is "perfectly normal". And I was like what the hell? that's normal?! I ask the staff if they don't have plans on changing their "airplane-like" aircon and the staff answered that they have no choice if the owner of the hotel doesn't want to replace the aircons. The daily breakfast is american so if you want a heavy breakfast you have to add 40pesos for the rice or upgrade your meal for 80pesos. They serve iced tea, instant coffee or milo (without sugar and milk). Also, the buffet lunch in the underground tour is not delicious. Bottomline, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TERRIBLE HOTEL. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL and I WILL NOT COME BACK HERE!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank superVeee09

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Princesa hotels

Pasig, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

First, very bad customer service. When we arrived very early from flight, we still waited for 30 minutes outside the airport while it is raining hard, waiting for our airport transfer, (we booked more than a month earlier and we also called people in the hotel bout the time we'll arrive and gave our mobile numbers to coordinate with us on our arrival date).Unfortunately, it was raining hard and we were waiting outside of the airport and we are the ones who kept calling them. The driver arrived after 30 mins. When we arrived at casa fuerte, very bad service coz aside from the check in time of 2pm, they asked us to wait just around the corners of casa fuerte. No electric fun, no comfy sofa or furnitures where we could rest from the very tired trip to make us feel comfortable while waiting for more than 3 hours. We ordered food at 10:30 for our lunch, our food were served at 11:40am. This is my first time in puerto prinsesa and i end up hating this city already because of my experience at casa fuerte. I thought that it will really save me time and effort if i do reservations ahead of time, instead of welcoming us, we were just like high school students loitering at the corridor since it's just up to us were we wanna stay and what we wanna do. They could at least asked the driver to take us to the mall instead or suggest if there would be other place where we could stay while waiting for our day tour since they were renovating the lobby and it is annoying to see people work fixing the roof and the walI especially the NOISE. I really feel bad because even this is very cost effective bed and dine, the major dilemma here is VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I never experienced bad service as this ever in my entire life.i have travelled a lot, and most where i stay and sleep, from naga city, bohol,cebu, davao, batangas, lucena, vigan to name a few cities, they allow customers to proceed already to their reserved room already. This is my first time to be humiliated. Even for a budget, i wont recommend this bed and breakfast. There are places to stay in palawan, but no value for money

Room Tip: No fitness room and no swimming pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shan_the_explorer
Honolulu, HI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here with cousins and friends on our visit to Puerto Princesa..
Rooms are small and beds are uncomfortable with very thin linens/bed sheets... tiny TV... room was not hotel quality/standard.. needs major improvement... bathroom was ok to good...
Like the bar area and the set up of the garden/outside decor... thats why I gave it a 3 rating.. otherwise the room deserves a 1 or 2..
owner and staff were overall pleasant and friendly...
would I stay here again? maybe when am with cousins and friends and am looking for a cheap affordable place...
the place has potential though and I wish they will improve the quality of the rooms...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cebu City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

casa fuerte has a new property in palawan named "La Villa Pincessa". Staffs are really nice and offer the best one they have even though they just open (less than a month ). They only offer food for breakfast but after a day we arrived in the hotel, they started offering their menu for lunch and dinner with minimal selections. The breakfast wasn't good but hopefully after a few more months they could already make changes. When we arrived in the hotel, the cable tv and internet was not available so it was kinda boring inside the room. Expect that the internet is always not available. Staffs are really nice for they immediately responds to our needs. The rooms still smells paint but clean.

Room Tip: choose the always occupied room they have in la villa princesa so that the smell of paint is less th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
makati city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We made our booking to this B&B last May 7, 2012 more than a month prior to our actual trip to Puerto Prinsesa thru our travel our agent here in Manila. I personally e-mailed Casa Fuerte to double check if the booking was made clear and if everything that I and my travel agent agreed on are acknowledged and known to the Casa Fuerte management, which they also confirmed to me via email.

Just last week we went to Puerto Prinsesa, and to my disgust we were not brought to the main Casa Fuerte but to their cramped, dirty, unlivable under renovation branch, "THE VILLA". I was told by the unfriendly and unhelpful receptionist that Casa Fuerte is fully booked that's why we were brought there. I asserted that we made our bookings early. I called up by Travel agent and he confirmed to me that we will be transferred to the Casa Fuerte. Again, the receptionist said that cant be coz they are fully booked to the main. I argued with her becoz aside from very small rooms, their rooms stinks with paint odor and too much dust and mosquitoes. To aggravate the unpleasantness of the place they had to spray insecticide to kill the swarming mosquitoes in the room.

In the end, our agent has to transfer us to a better accommodation "Turrisimo".

Further I learned during our group tour with some of the guests had experienced the same. It was a really bad first time in Puerto Prinsesa...

So peeps, i recommend not to make the same mistake of choosing Casa Fuerte for your accommodation if you plan to visit Palawan. I thought it was a nice choice because of the good reviews I read about it, ubfortunately it was not...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank jan j
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I booked a package tour (accommodation + Honda Bay and Underground River tour) in this B & B.

For 3 people, the room is quite small. The bathroom, though quite narrow would have been ok except that there was a big, rough portion in the wall (part of the design) that scraped my elbow when I accidentally hit the wall.

Breakfast was ok but they served the same thing on the second day. There's a free dinner at the Tiki Bar, which was good. They give a certain amount that you can spend at the restaurant anyway you like it.

The location of the hotel is in a quiet part of town. Although not centrally located, it was not difficult nor time-consuming to go to other areas as tricycles are plenty.

The tours were well-organized and the size of the group is just right. We were lucky to have an informative and humorous tour guide. I just hope that the lunch served on both tours were different from each other.

Don't miss the welcome drink. It was delicious and unlike nothing I have tasted before and since.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends