“The best part of our trip”

Sunflower Royal Pensionne
Ranked #42 of 195 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this family-operated hotel in Puerto Princesa a couple of nights before we headed out to El Nido. My girlfriend and I both agreed that this was the best part of the trip and 1 year later we're still talking about how nice Sunflower was. The rooms are big and clean and the family are the best hosts you can find. The breakfast on their huge terrace is just amazing and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sunflower Royal Pensionne

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My first time in Puerto Princesa, Palawan was doubly enjoyable one because I just love the sea and nature and I looove how I was accommodated in Sunflower Royal Pensionne!

It's a family-owned place with a personal touch. The family members are hands-on in making sure I felt right at home from the airport transfer to my room with all the amenities (large screen TV, hot and cold shower, closets) I need to have a pleasurable and stress-free 5-day stay. The place is quite new and very clean. Breakfast is served in generous servings. I would say I got more value for my money by choosing this as my home away from home. I will definitely go back and stay here next summer. :D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I loved my stay here because of the family that runs the place. There was a typhoon happening on my friend's and my last day. In the evening, we heard some singing coming from the roof so we went up to see what was happening. The family was doing karaoke on the open rooftop area, and invited us to join. We did and it was a perfect last day in the Philippines. The rooms are simple but clean, and the only downside is that sometimes you could hear a lot of what was happening outside of the hotel.

I would recommend this place to anyone as the staff is friendly and helpful, and it is a simple, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The past four years, I can say that I was almost constantly on the road changing hotel even more times in a week. Normally my stops in various places, are limited to the time required for visiting the natural and artistic beauties and also the local culinary delicacies, and then quickly switch over.
It 's so that last February, in one of my raids for the world, I stumbled in Puerto Princesa with a reservation made online at Sunflower Royal Pensionne.
Just out of the airport was there waiting for me, the owner of the facility which has welcomed me with a friendly smile, he retrieved my bags and took me to the retired so totally free. I had not yet ever had nowhere not to having to worry whether how to reach the hotel booked.
Sunflower Royal Pensionne is a newly built facility, offering spacious rooms, clean and bright, pleasantly furnished and equipped with TV and air conditioning; are furthermore equipped with an ensuite bathroom with shower and hot / cold water. Included in the modest asking price, a rich breakfast served on the terrace on the top floor where you can enjoy a pleasant view over Puerto Princesa.
This is a family, where it is clear the effort of all the members to ensure that the customer is at ease, giving the utmost cordiality, availability and all the help you need, to make the most of the days spent in their beautiful island. Of courseat the end, I was accompanied back to the airport, with the same kindness with which I was received.
I confess that I am not accustomed to release such feedback on the facilities visited, but this I write really willingly, because well deserved by this family which makes the their service a loving mission.
The only bad thing that I can complain about is that when I'm gone away I suffered really, to have to stave off me from these people, who, in such a short time, managed to take a place in my heart.
Thanks for everything, to you Reynald, to your father, your mother, your brother, Rose and Jollibee, and thanks again for making me feel more a friend than a customer.

Gli ultimi quattro anni, si può dire che sono quasi stato continuamente in viaggio cambiando albergo anche più volte in una settimana. Normalmente le mie soste nei vari posti, si limitano al tempo necessario per visitare le bellezze naturali, artistiche ed anche culinarie locali, per poi passare rapidamente oltre.
E' così che lo scorso inverno, in una delle mie scorribande per il mondo, sono capitato in Puerto Princesa con una prenotazione effettuata online presso Sunflower Royal Pensionne. Appena uscito dall'aeroporto c'era lì ad aspettarmi il proprietario della struttura che mi ha accolto con un amichevole sorriso, ha recuperato le mie valige e mi ha accompagnato alla pensione in modo totalmente gratuito. Non mi era ancora mai capitato da nessuna parte di non dovermi preoccupare di come raggiungere l'albergo prenotato.
Sunflower Royal Pensionne è una struttura di nuova costruzione, che offre camere spaziose, pulite e luminose; gradevolmente arredate ed attrezzate di TV ed aria condizionata; dispongono inoltre di bagno in camera con doccia ed acqua calda/fredda. Compreso nel modesto prezzo richiesto, una ricca colazione servita sul terrazzo dell'ultimo piano da dove si gode una piacevole vista su tutto Puerto Princesa.
Questa struttura è a gestione familiare, dove è evidente l'impegno di tutti i componenti a far si che il cliente si trovi a proprio agio, dando la massima cordialità, disponibilità e tutto l'aiuto necessario, per far sfruttare al meglio i giorni trascorsi nella loro bellissima isola. Naturalmente alla partenza sono stato riaccompagnato all'aeroporto con la stessa gentilezza con la quale sono stato accolto.
Confesso che non sono tanto avvezzo a rilasciare feedback sulle strutture frequentate, ma questa la scrivo veramente volentieri, perché ampiamente meritata da questa famiglia che fa del loro servizio un'amorevole missione.
La unica cosa negativa di cui posso lamentarmi è che quando sono partito ho sofferto davvero per dovermi allontanare da queste persone che in così poco tempo sono riuscite a prendere un posto nel mio cuore.
Grazie per tutto Reynald, a te, tuo papà, tua mamma, tuo fratello, Rose e Jollibee, e grazie ancora per avermi fatto sentire più un amico che un cliente.

Room Tip: The property is located down a side street, about 80 meters from the main road, so quiet and not dis...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tundrablu
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Palawan before but It's my first time to stay in Puerto Princesa.

Sunflower Royal Pensionne is the best place to stay if you want a homey ambiance and the facilities you need going back from your day's activities.

Every room has a/c, flat screen TV, h/c shower and is spacious.

Breakfast is BIG and delish and staff are friendly, courteous and accommodating.

The place is ran by the whole family, and if you have issues or complains during your stay there they act immediately upon it making sure that your stay would be a pleasant experience.

Reynald, please extend our gratitude to your mom and dad and to Marvin as well.

Tip: if your going to rent masks for snorkeling and camera case for your island hopping adventure, get it from them as theirs is a tad cheaper than where your guides will take you for rentals..

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Sunflower Royal Pensionne, owned and managed by the Llaneta family is found right at the heart of Puerto Princesa, accessible to the airport and several restaurants. It offers a variety of tour packages that suits your budget. The clean rooms make your stay comfortable, plus the strong wifi connection, makes you enjoy even more. The complimentary breakfasts and free airport transport and pick up are amazing parts of the package. :)

* I would visit and stay there again soon ;)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

For the amount of money we paid, this was way beyond our expectations! The family running this place are super friendly and helpful! Rooms are clean and with air con! Area quiet and only php 20 with tricycle to the centre. We would definitely stayhere again if we go back to PP.

• Stayed: March 2013
#38 of 195 in Puerto Princesa
Tres Pension
Tres Pension
#24 of 195 in Puerto Princesa

Been to Sunflower Royal Pensionne? Share your experiences!