“You Rock!”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“You Rock!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just visited Hoyop hoyopan cave in Bicol and enjoyed it a lot so we decided to see Ugong Cave. Ugong cave has less rock formation but the way up made it a wonderful adventure. The guides we great and very helpful. I climbed with my 3 kids. Wen we got to the top only my eldest tried the zipline. My 2 younger kids were too scared so we had no choice but to go back. Good thing they provided a way down easier for the faint heart.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unexpected adventure!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

1. Tour guides are well trained 2. Over 40 but very agile ladies 3. They know how to take pictures with dslr, iPad etc. 4. The cave is quite challenging with tight spaces & one vertical climb...made us sweat trekking to the top. 5. We never planned the zip line going down but it seemed a good choice than trekking down again. My kids & I decided to take the "easier" zip line going down its less than 30 seconds of pure Adrenaline. Wow. My first zip line adventure. 6. This is not recommended for very young kids, those with back problems, asthma , or extreme fear of heights. And lastly, when you visit Ugong Rock you help sustain the income of former logging families & help protect nature.

1 Thank karrie_b888
Manila, Manila, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very good tour guides and nice experience!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Their tour guides in Ugong Rock and Ugon Cave are really accommodating. They are very warm too. The tour guide that we had in cave trekking was very willing to take our pictures. She was more than 40 I guess but she knew very well how to handle a DSLR. I was truly impressed!

If you are trying the zipline, you should go cave trekking first, for it provides the way to the zipline area which is situated at the top of the cave. Cave trekking was worth the money and such an experience! We did spelunking and it was an awesome experience! By the way, if fear of heights is not your thing, you should get both the zipline and cave trekking, for if you will only avail of their cave trekking, you will go the same way which you did going up, and I must say it would be a tedious task! Better to be going down with the zipline than to do all the rock climbing and trekking all the way down AGAIN.

1 Thank Krissy T
manila
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“rocks!!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

cool formations!got the kids on overdrive about the climb and the zipline!!! Go early before the hordes come in!!!

qc
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Unexpected Adventure!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have read about Ugong Rock online but I never expected it to be this great and challenging!..Not a naturally sporty person, this trip is really a test of my physical strength, self-belief and adventurous spirit. I never thought I would be able to climb and step on the big cave rocks, pass thru small spaces and the best challenge of all - climbing on top using ropes and harness. Even with these tools, u still had to pull yourself up hard until you reach a man who will push you further to reach the top BUT u have to squeeze yourself sideways to fit to a narrow opening. When I reached the top, I was so relieved and thankful I made it!

From there, you had to climb more rocks until you reach the top most. It was raining at that time so we had to be really careful with the climbing or one wrong step will make us slip. As you reach the top, your options to get down - rock down the cave again or zipline. Of course, the trip will not be complete w/o doing the best part - ziplining. You choose between "superman" or "sitting" style. I've done the superman before so I chose the sitting w/c I think is most comfortable position.

Not being new to ziplining, I knew the first three 3 sec will be scary but then you get to enjoy the rest of the ride until you reach the landing spot w/ several men standing by to catch you safely.

If you're claustrophobic, afraid of heights and has not done any exercise before and if you want to challenge yourself - this is a great activity for you and you get to appreciate the nature better and experience it yourself!

2 Thank serendipity1211