“Best eating out experience”

The Gypsy's Lair Art Cafe
Ranked #11 of 170 Restaurants in Puerto Princesa
Cuisines: Southwestern, Asian, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We went to this restaurant on 13 April 2011 and it had opened just a week beforehand. The decor, both inside and out, was novel and really tasteful. Food was delicious and service great. Even the owner came up and asked us personally how we found the food and service. I'd highly recommend a meal here!
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Great ambience. Helpful service.

No complaints.

I also had my best halo halo so far here. It had ube, mango I/c and chocolate syrup among other things.
The mango I/c is really mangoey.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a very fantastic place to eat if you appreciate the fusion of mystic art and good food. I loved their buko pancit (a surprising find!) and their chicken/pork adobo. Their fish curry is fantastic as well. Their rice serving is even shaped into a moon and star for that consistent vibe.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had an amazing dinner here at Gypsy's lair! Ordered chicken burrito and the house special gypsy's baby back ribs...both are good choice! Loved the peanut sauce that came along with the baby back ribs...their super moist chocolate tastes delicious!

Food are a bit pricey..but everything was worth it...plus the ambience was just as enchanting as the food served.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love hanging out here when working because of the yummy food. My favorite was the Filipino version of pad thai called Pin Thai. Great music at night. Good art on the walls. :-)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The place was personally recommended by a friend and it did not disappoint.
Their pancit buko did it for me. I have been searching for it forever and little did I know I only have to travel to Puerto Princessa, Palawan to try it again. I have since found another restaurant in Greenbelt that serves it but Gypsy's Lair's pancit buko is still better. The pancit buko teemed with crunchy vegetable common to the pancit but the star of the dish is clearly the buko-strips-noodles.Their halo-halo is also amazing! Although, I would have preferred ube ice cream instead of their creamy, smooth, home-made banana ice cream.
They also have a good selection of cocktails - some are even interpreted the Gypsy's Lair way!
Of my 5 meals in Puerto, 3 were spent here. The other 2 meals were covered by the tour package.

There is live music and the staff is attentive and friendly. I was informed about the palm reading on weekends but was not able to try it. Maybe next time...yes, there will be a next time.