“Excellent food and good band”

The Gypsy's Lair Art Cafe
Ranked #12 of 179 Restaurants in Puerto Princesa
Cuisines: Southwestern, Asian, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We went to this restaurant on 13 April 2011 and it had opened just a week beforehand. The decor, both inside and out, was novel and really tasteful. Food was delicious and service great. Even the owner came up and asked us personally how we found the food and service. I'd highly recommend a meal here!
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food was all made from scratch.we had chicken in breadcrumbs, fajitas, quesadillas, lasagne,home made ice cream and a very special cocktail with tequila and chocolate.it was one of the best meals we had in palawan.the only other foods that compared were the fresh fish bbqs we had in el nido on the beach.we will definitely go back if we are ever in pp again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I only had 24 hours to stay in Palawan as I went here strictly for work related stuff, and that includes my flight from manila to puerto princesa and vise versa (hay, so sad...). With my usual routine to check out something new by eating in a local restaurant, I tried Kinabuch for the exotic tamilok. It's an acquired taste as they say. And so I thought my food trip ends there as I have lots of errands to do while staying in this beautiful city.

However, while waiting for my flight back to Manila, I had an urgent call to send emails so I randomly checked a restaurant that has wifi connection, and through the trike driver's kindness, he dropped me off at Mercado San Miguel which houses a couple of cafes and restaurants.

I got curious with one of the shops - and it turned out to be an artsy cafe filled with cute thingimajigs that makes the place very homey for a traveler like me(and hurray! has wifi too).

But the surprise doesn't end there. The food, oh so delicious! Their ribs is so tender and their organic pandan jade was so refreshing.

To top it off, I had their homemade ice cream with bits of nuts and chocolate. yum yum yum.

Indeed a place that Palawenos should be proud of, as I can't seem to think of place comparable to Manila.

I shall be back and relish this place once more :-)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have visited here on Thursday, it was very crowded. So waited for some 10 minutes, and we got the seat inside the hotel. But for live band you need to sit outside restaurant. Since it was crowded, the service was poor. They took more time to bring the items we ordered. Food was good.
Overall it was nice experience with the live band and the nice way to spend an evening here.

2  Thank weknows
Reviewed February 27, 2013

went to the gypsy's lair for dinner last night and was really impressed with the whole experience, the food was awesome, had the calamari which was some of the best i have ever had and the pin-thai, which was as good a pad thai as you would get in thailand and i have lived there before, my girlfriend had the chicken curry which was also excellent and the curry paste etc is all made in house, had a few really good cocktails as well. i think the thing that most impressed me, apart from the food obviously, was the service. i have to be honest and say that it is something that is not normally a strong point in filipino restaurants but the two guys that night were awesome. quick, friendly service, no waiting 10 mins to get another beer etc which i have experienced countless times before, the food was ready in about 10-15 mins, perfect waiting time i believe. the band was really good too and were inviting customers up to sing, everyone was having a good time. to top it off the owner came over and introduced herself and made sure everything was good and i was happy, just little things like that make the difference. oh and did i mention the beer was ICE cold, a small but important factor. brilliant, well done

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends invited me over for dinner at Gypsy's art cafe and had I known there was this place very near where I live, I would have long frequented it.

I like the ambiance. It's very cozy and casual. I also like the service --the waiters are quick. The food was good. I tried their chicken curry and found it satisfactory. I love that they have a wide selection of tea --though I was hoping they were organic.

The price was also just right, mid-range and quite affordable. It's a quaint little place so it's good for catching up with friends over intimate dinner. :-)