My brother and I chose Palo Alto B&B for our 3 nights stay in Palawan. He was attending a convention in the city proper and Palo Alto is just a good 10 minutes away from the city proper. The best things about Palo Alto:
LOCATION and AMBIANCE : Since it was tucked away from the city (yes, the road to the B&B is bumpy), it allowed you your well-deserved vacation. The place was tranquil and serene. Every morning, you'd wake up to the sound of the birds and everything was just so peaceful. Going to and from the location is easy even if you have to commute via tricycle at 1 AM in the morning. :)
TRANSPORTATION: You don't really have to worry about the accessibility to the city proper- if their van cannot take you there, they can call a tricycle for you and fees are around PHP20-50 a ride. For our 4 days stay in Puerto, the van was almost always able to take us to our destinations. At night, they'd take us to restaurants where we'd have our dinner and pick-up will be at 9 PM at the ABCd store (meet-up place).
THE STAFF: Thumbs up to to everyone, absolutely everyone in the B&B (Ms. Joy, booking officer; Ms. Girlie and another one from the front office; Kuya Mervin, one of the drivers; the housekeeping, the security and the staff at Salakot Cafe)! The staff will surely make your stay pleasant. The people at the front office will assist you from the tour coordination to transportation, and even in packing your pasalubong! On our last night at the B&B, we were able to meet Mr. Guido Ylaya, the owner. We had a good conversation with him while swimming and it just goes to show how the B&B makes you feel right at home and will extend assistance to make your stay enjoyable (the pool supposedly closes at 10 PM but Mr. Ylaya allowed us to swim past that, haha!).
THE FOOD: They have big servings! Breakfasts are enjoyable, you get to choose a day before what you want your breakfast to be like and boy, are the breakfasts delish! There were times I can't even finish my meal as I was already full. Must try would be their MOTHSI, their take on the halo-halo.
ECO-FRIENDLY: The bath is solar-powered. The rooms need an electricity card plugged in to turn on the electricity. This means if you are not staying in the room, then there is absolutely no electricity running (unless you have something in the fridge which you need cool by the time you arrive, you may request the staff at the cafe to keep it first). The place has NO mosquitoes!
THEY WON TRIP ADVISOR'S TRAVELLER'S CHOICE FOR 2013!
Probably, the only improvement I could suggest is the room size. We were booked on a twin deluxe room, the size is convenient enough for my brother and me but could improve still. :)
So if you're looking for a place where you could rest and really take a breather, you could definitely book at Palo Alto. You could disregard all the previous reviews that the place is far from the city-- it isn't. After all the touring, eating and shopping, at the end of the day, nothing beats to going home knowing you could rest and reenergize for the next day's activities. I wouldn't think twice in booking this B&B the next time I'm in Puerto Princesa. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palo Alto is only 15 minutes away from Palawan Airport and 5 minutes away from BM Beach and the soon-to-be-opened Robinsons' Shopping Complex. Palo Alto Bed & Breakfast consists of mostly wooden structures combined with other materials, such as Capiz shells and Abaca fiber, designed to aesthetically enhance the beauty of wood. It nestles harmoniously with Palawan's natural surroundings of lush tropical greeneries and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Palo Alto Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palo Alto Bed And Breakfast
- Palo Alto Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Palo Alto Bed & Breakfast Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa