Tres Pension
Hotel Fleuris(Puerto Princesa)
$83
$39
Agoda.com
The Lotus Garden(Puerto Princesa)
$38
  • Breakfast included
Empire Suites Hotel(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
$47
$25
Agoda.com
Liberty Park Pension(Puerto Princesa)
$23
Dolce Vita(Puerto Princesa)
$47
$29
Agoda.com
Palawan Uno Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
$55
Floral Villarosa(Puerto Princesa)
$54
$41
Agoda.com
All reviewspension housejapanese languageel nidoreception areamspalawanaccommodationairportppsreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I saw that this guesthouse had very nice reviews in Tripadvisor so I checked their website. When I inquired online about their standard room at P800 (if converted to fan) since I would be just staying for a short overnight stay, I did not think it was worth to spend more than that. According to Mel, one of the staff, the standard room was not available and only the Deluxe room is available for the night. So I can either deposit 50% of P1,200) in bank or book in Agoda instead. Since, I didn’t have time to go to the bank, since I inquired a day before my flight, I chose paying through Agoda. Although, Mel did not mention that Agoda rates for Deluxe room is at P1500 (third party commission probably) with free airport transfer. Almost twice the price I was initially targeting of P800 only. So I booked in Agoda. BUT when I inquired the night I stayed, there was in fact, an available standard room. I don’t know what happened. Oh well next time.
let me say the place is clean and had very nice gazebos outside the rooms. The staff were attentive and friendly too, special mention to Jonna and Jomel. But for a very short overnight stay (I arrived at night and left early in the morning), I think there are other cheaper options in Puerto Princesa for a short stay. If I would be staying longer than a night, then this place is nice to relax and stay in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The location of the hotel is terrible, you have to get a tricycle every time you want to go out. We love going for a walk in the evening, but the hotel is so far away from the main road and so dark we felt trapped in the hotel after it's dark. And when the hotel call a tricycle for you is 60 pesos whereas if you thumb one from the road it's only 20 or 30 pesos to Robison's mall and 40 to town.

We had a standard room which only has cold shower, it takes a while to get use to. Breakfast is terrible with two slices of sweet bread (no nutrition at all) and half of a fruit. We are not bigger eaters but prefer a nutritious breakfast everyday so would suggest people to get something else for their breakfast.

We booked the mini van to El Nido and the hotel charged 700 pesos for each person but on the way back we only paid 600 and the van dropped us to the hotel. I would suggest to book your transport to El Nido elsewhere.

Overall, we wouldn't recommend this hotel if people wants to be closer to town. We mistakenly booked this hotel due to its cheap room rates but realized there's much better value hotels in town with similar price.

We have to be fair, one good thing about this hotel is the nice garden and very friendly staff.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Frankly speaking, I was not expecting great about this pension house - having our reservations booked through Agoda, not knowing so much about the place and the price is really budget friendly. From the reviews I have read, a lot of them were positive, so I booked for three nights and for that short period of time I could not think for any reason why shouldn't I come back

The location - From the airport, you can arrange a pick up service for free. The place is not walking distance going to the city proper but it is only minutes away via tricycle, .

The place - The place is Japanese - Filipino inspired. They have nipa huts, mini bar, nice landscape / interior, WIFI, and etc.

The Owners - I met the owners and they are amazing and down to earth couple. They make it a point that every guest can relax and have a great time.

The Staff - They are very accommodating and really well trained.

The room - It is clean and very well maintained.

Others - They have free breakfast. The rate is really reasonable.

If you are looking for a budget friendly space that can exceed your expectations I guess this is the place for you.

Tres Pension - Two thumbs up!

- Kieffer Quitilen

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed in the 'Saturn' room and was very pleased. For an extremely reasonable price, you get all the basic amenities you need. My room had a double bed, a spacious ensuite bathroom, a TV, a large wardrobe and a small living space with a couch and table.

Outside my room was a private smoking/eating area, where two wooden chairs and a table were put up. Adjacent to that, is a little zen-like space where you can sit, smoke and talk with friends or meet other guests. The outdoor common space is beautiful with lanterns that gives the place a warm glow at night.

The staff is extremely nice and will do everything they can to accommodate you as best possible.
The lady who was usually the front desk person, booked my tours for me at really low rates. She would also give me a personal wake-up call to make sure I was on time for everything.

Location is great and very central. If you need a trike but don't want to go wait for one to pass by outside, all you have to do is go to the front desk and ask them to call one for you.

Breakfast is free although I'm not sure what time everyone has it. I always had mine at 6:30am since all my tours started precisely at 7am.

I was taken care of until the very last minute of my stay as they even booked my van transfer to El Nido.

Tres Pension is a fine example of Palawenyo hospitality!

Room Tip: The 'Saturn' room has an air conditioner that's really strong, so if you like the cold, request this room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is my first time to stay at a Pension House and I really never expect that this place really amazing. I really like the place co'z ambience is so relax and it feels like home!

I send our sincere appreciation to you, Ms. Vivian and husband (The owner of Tres Pension) , and your whole company Tres Pension House!

From our arrival last November 15tht of early morning till to our departure on afternoon of November 17th 2013, you did so much to welcome us and assure our comfort as guests. An easy and smooth check-in is vital for those who’ve traveled hundreds of miles, and your staff were on hand to accomplish that with efficiency and grace. The warm personal greetings to us set the right tone for the rest of our stay, and I’m much in your debt for the extra courtesies that helped us relax and enjoy the trip. And most of all for the wonderful job of our tour guide Kuya Gil, very professional and polite and job well done, we recommend him to our future bookings.

Your place really enticing and the place went beyond our expectations, and I wish you all expanding success as you continue the traditions of your best service. . We will be staying again in this place when we return here next time. And as a Travel Consultant, this is definitely a recommended pension house!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple