“quiet place to stay. we love it.”
Review of Tres Pension

Tres Pension
Ranked #25 of 192 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
ai
“quiet place to stay. we love it.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Tres Pension added more life on our vacation in Puerto Princesa. It was a very relaxing and quiet place since it is a bit far from the main road. Their staffs are very hospitable and accommodating, everytime we needed assistance they delightfully provide their service to us with a smile. :)
No regrets for choosing Tres Pension. We love this place.. will stay here again if we ever plan to go back in Palawan. I hope Ms. Mel (staff ) would still be there when we come back. :)

Room Tip: Deluxe Room Concrete
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mauin j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Price and appearance of the accommodation are the primary factors why we chose Tres Pension in staying in Puerto Princesa City. Their deluxe room is only P1,200 per night and they provide free airport transfers, which made it more affordable for us. We weren't disappointed with the appearance of the pension house as the place is tranquil, clean, and modern. It seems relatively new too. The breakfast was ok - just two pieces of toast with butter + jam, a slice of fruit, coffee, and juice. For a person with a huge appetite, they also have rice meals worth P100.

The only downside is that the place is too far from the main road that we have to pay P60 for a tricycle to pick us up and drop us off at our destination. Going out and going back to the pension house can be a bit costly especially if you're keeping a tight budget. The standard rate seem to be P40 one-way. Some drivers charge P25 and P30 so make sure to haggle and haggle well.

But overall our stay was relaxing. We were advised in advance about our pick up time the next time for the tour and made sure we get to eat our breakfast before we go. The staff were indeed friendly and helpful. The owner, Vivien, is very accommodating and even gave us tips on the places where we'd like to eat.

I definitely would recommend Tres Pension to my friends who would want to stay in a quiet and clean place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rose M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were unsure at first what to expect upon arriving at this pension, but one thing is for sure: the ambiance was really enticing and the place went beyond our expectations. We were able to avail of airport transfers both ways, and we received a very welcoming greeting by Kuya Driver. We stayed quite a while a semi-native room. The room was big enough for me and my loved one, very clean, neat and beautifully simple. Everyone was so hospitable, and tried their best to accommodate our requests during our stay. Almost everyday, the owner made sure that she sees to her guests' experience. We always had a good amount of meaningful conversations with her since we didn't plan much for our tours. She gave us lots of suggestions and good deals on where to go and where to eat. From the reception staff to the housekeeping staff, we found everyone to be really a pleasure to be with during our stay. My loved one and I loved staying and having breakfast at the gazebo during the mornings. It felt like a home away from home. Thank you for a great stay and excellent service. I had a very relaxing and fun stay in Puerto Princesa. Thanks to the Tres Pension family. I will be staying again in this place when I return here next time. This is definitely a recommended pension house!

Also, when staying in PPS for a considerable amount of time, make sure to explore the restaurants around the area. One could always ask the staff and the owner especially where to go and eat. Tita Vivian, the owner has lots of recommendations and suggestions on tours as well, and she makes sure to give guests a very good value for your money.

Many foreign tourists go to the Philippines not only because of the famous tourist spots, but also because of the hospitality that we Filipinos display. The Tres Pension family totally took it to another level and this is why they are one of the top places to stay to in Puerto Princesa. I highly commend their high quality service, and dedication to their guests!

1 Thank EsPii
Manila
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A lovely tropical place set amidst the quiet side of Puerto Princesa. At the entrance, guest are greeted by the scent of beautiful flowers and warmly welcomed by staff. Inside, there's a well-maintained garden, nipa-huts and cozy gazebo. There's also a neat pathway and a very cute toy poodle, that only understands Japanese language, named Jack-Jack.

The rooms are spacious and immaculate with clean T&B.The walls are made of native materials and each room has a porch. (ours has its own Japanese inspired dining outside.)

Ultimate privacy is observe in this place. An air of perfect peace and tranquility.

The owner, Tita Vivian is so motherly. She treated us like a family. ( She was so kind that she even allowed us ride their car and send us to Robinsons!That's how awesome she was.) Since we are just really up for a relax vacation, we spent most of our days here. We played several games such as jenga and mancala.

Overall we stayed for 11 days and I really think its not enough due to their homely attitude.

I have more to say bu seriously choose this place and you'll never go wrong!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 31, 2013

pros-

1) owner and staff very friendly.

2) if you want quiet, this is it! it is in a residential area.

3) affordable. with free breakfast.

4) they own 2 properties facing each other: we got the bungalow section but the bahay-kubo style rooms look nice. I didn't get to see the interior, though.

5) they can arrange for activities. joy is very helpful and very nice. (hello joy!)

cons-

1)away from the city. 40 pesos each way to get there.

2) no restaurants in the vicinity. it's in a residential area (like I mentioned earlier).

3) a lot of trees surrounding the area. therefore, a lot of mosquitoes (my child is
allergic to insect bites- we're talking about REAL allergy, with inflammation, blister etc. nothing works but that's another story). it's a clean place so no issue there but just a lot of trees everywhere.

4) very small rooms.

5) small pension place therefore setbacks with power outages and whatnot.

5) non-refundable.

I'm being fair that's why I put the pros first.

We arrived on a very hot day welcomed by a friendly staff. We went to our room which was small but ok. Nothing really outstanding. With the room rate, I didn't expect a lot. AC not working ( power outage, they told me) TV not working, wifi not working. I could car less about TV and wifi
but the AC was very important. I informed staff and they said they were working on the generator. It was so hot that we went out to explore the city right away since we couldn't relax in the hot room. We came back in the afternoon and we had to stay outside of the room again ( it was very hot, not kidding you) till the generator went up and running! It was so frustrating.
The owner ( she was nice) talked to use and recommended for us to go cool down in a hotel with a pool (we went to Hotel Centro- read my review for that one). Finally the generator worked and we left the room with the AC on to ensure we would have a cool room but when we returned, someone turned it off! I know, I know, conserve electricity and all but with the heat and slow AC and mosquitoes, we wanted to be comfortable! By this time, my son had multiple mosquito bites already ( from the room and outside) and we were really getting frustrated. In fairness, the owner really tried to help by applying a mosquito repellant (on his wrist. she said they use it in japan) and placed a "katul" ( I don't know hwat you call this in English) but nothing was working. She could see pustules from the mosquito bites. We informed her that because of the inconvenience ( generator not working for few hours hence no AC, mosquitoes etc) we would like to move to another hotel and perhaps can we get a refund ( I paid for 3 days). She said No.

I felt that we were entitled to a refund ( at least 1 day) since we were inconvenienced the moment we arrived. But I didn't have time to argue and they were very nice people and we just wanted to leave the place right away. We moved to Hotel Centro and the room/AC/buffet/ pool/staff were great! Everything was awesome. Trike was P13 one way. This hotel was accessible to everything and worth every penny I paid.

All in all, I would recommend Tres Pension IF you're on a tight budget but if one can afford to to pay more and want comfort, food, cool room, accessibility and the works, go somewhere else.

Palawan is one of the best places we visited. Remember, it's nature conservation here too so be prepared when you visit. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cooltraveller1201
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We loved this place, stayed there 2 times. Very friendly, clean, lovely staff, Joanne on reception desk, owner/family. Relaxed, beautiful settings. They do airport pick up/drop off, only 10 mins. Also can arrange taxi if you want to explore Puerto or go to Robinsons mall 5 minutes away, great for food, aircon etc in the evening. They even looked after a bag for us while we went north to Secret Paradise & Greenviews in El Nido (2 other great places to stay).

Room Tip: Get the better rooms, can't remember the name, but have double bed with shower ensuite. Gardens...
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you want the right blend of feel at home, clean, affordable accommodation and people that would make you feel welcome, I highly recommend this place. The quiet relaxing mood of the place and the welcoming attitude of the owner and staff are superb! I really like the

For heavier breakfast, you may top up their complimentary breakfast consisting of bread, butter, jam, fruit(banana, papaya or mango) with coffee and juice, you may order the night ahead. Tapa, Tocino, Chorizo, bangus meals are available. Aside from the super friendly staff, what I love the most are the curtained tables outside where you can sit on pillows while talking or taking our breakfast. The only sound you can are the chirping birds. It was such a paradise!

Would be better if food was readily available for order directly from the pension's kitchen for snacks, lunch and dinner ;)